PDA

View Full Version : What ammo for my M&P15 for training class?

Blinking Dog
04-09-08, 12:00
I've got an M&P15 that is a few months old, and haven't put too many rounds through it yet. What I have fed it though, it ate fine. Stuff like Federal XM193, cheapo Remington 223, cheap stuff from Academy, and of course Black Hills. No problems (knock on wood) but only have put a few hundred rounds through.

I hope to attend a carbine class next month and need about 1,000 rounds. So, if I had a money tree I'd buy a bunch of Black Hills and be done. But I don't, so I've been shopping the internet.

What I'm interested in is, fellow M&P15 owners, what ammo have you found DOESN'T work? (And for the record, I do not intend to buy Wolf so no need to say Wolf doesn't work.)

And, has anyone used PRVI through their M&P15? Looks like I can get a pretty good deal on that stuff, but I have never used it. Hadn't heard of it until yesterday to be honest.

Thanks in advance.

Shihan
04-09-08, 18:14
Privy M193 will do you fine.

decodeddiesel
04-10-08, 11:35
PRVI is better ammo than most you listed there. I run it all the time in my LMT and it's great stuff!

Blinking Dog
04-11-08, 20:33
Thanks for the input. I ordered 1k PRVI rounds from Grant today. Can't wait to get it and shoot it.

Spooky130
04-11-08, 22:22
I used S&B ammo in their green and yellow boxes for a carbine course. It worked just fine. But so did the Wolf some folks were shooting...

Spooky

skyugo
04-12-08, 09:37
might wanna give silver bear zinc plated ammo a try. there's no laquer or poly coat that could melt and give you problems.

i've only run about 130 rounds through my AR of that stuff, but it worked perfect. i think it was 260 a case when i bought it.