PDA

View Full Version : GA Precision GAP10

BigJoe
06-28-13, 09:22
http://modernserviceweapons.com/?p=3647#more-3647

catching up on some writing, hope you guys like em.

I was first introduced to GA Precision through the precision rifle community 9 years ago. GA Precision was founded in 1999 by George Gardner to support local high power and long range shooters. This N. Kansas City, Missouri company has since grown into one of the premier custom shops for tactical, Mil-Spec, F-class and hunting type rifles. GA Precision also serves numerous law enforcement agencies such as FBI SWAT, FBI HRT Team Quantico, ATF SRT , Illinois State Police HRT Team, Kansas City, KS P.D., Escondido P.D., CA – and many others. The gunsmiths working under the GA Precision roof, exhibit their experience in the extraordinary consistent quality of the rifles they produce. My military background carries into civilian shooting competitions with my demand for both precision and unfailing reliability when choosing a rifle.

When I started shooting competitive long range competitions I wanted to use the platform I had the most experience behind, the semi-automatic rifle. What many don’t know is that GA Precision also builds precision semi-automatic rifles. George would be attending my next match put on by Precision Multi-gun in Tennesee. He offered to bring his newest project along with him for me to shoot for the match, the GA Precision GAP-10, I accepted and headed off to the match.

The rifle was a 22” 6.5 Creedmor topped with a US Optics 3.2-17x scope. I attended the pre-match training session to verify zero and get a feel for the rifle, then plunged headlong into the match with a rifle, scope, and reticle I had only shot the day before. George had told me to run the paces and see what she would do. I put a little bit of lube on the bolt carrier group during the train-up and did no additional maitenance for the three days of competition.I ran approximately 220 rounds through the weapon fed from a Magpul P-mag with no failure. I don’t believe in babying my rifles and by no means did I do so with GAP-10. The rifle maintained complete reliability as well as extreme accuracy engaging targets from 200-1000 meters shot from barricades, unsupported, prone and any other position the match directors could think of. Accurate enough that my partner and I were able to take 4th place out of over 30 teams.

The GAP-10 is milled from a solid piece of 7075 aluminum billet and provides superior mating of upper to lower. Top of the line components are used internally; the barrels are chambered and contoured in house by the same gunsmiths working on bolt rifles. The GAP-10 is available in many popular short-action standard bolt-face calibers such as 308 win, 260 rem, 6.5 Creedmoor, 7-08 in barrel lengths from 16-24”. GA Precision uses Bartlein’s cut rifled rifled stainless barrels which are known throughout the universe as the one of the best for consistency and precision; and is customized by selecting trigger, handguard, stock, muzzle brake, gas block, barrel fluting and color.

After shooting GA Precision’s loaner rifle, I had to have one. I ordered two uppers and one lower. My competition setup is 23” 6mm Creedmor – a round popularized by George Gardner, optimized for restrictive length semi auto magazines – attractive were the awesome ballistics of heavy 6mm bullets and ability to run reliably in a gas gun. I also ordered a 20” 308 upper for practice as ammunition is more readily available and has a high round count barrel life. Both uppers are threaded and topped with the highly effective Surefire muzzle brakes; the Noveske Switchblock system is installed on both uppers – allowing the options of suppressed, un-suppressed and gas-off. I run Geissele High-Speed DMR trigger in all my precision AR type rifles. The rail system is unitized to the upper receiver with interruption in the rail at 12 O’clock allowing for mounting of the scope lower to the bore axis. The rail assembly is very light minimalistic. The standard Badger Ordnance charging handle gives plenty of real estate for charging the weapon even with large optics. Badger Ordnance also supplies a Universal Selector, which can be mounted on either side of the receiver to customer preference. I chose the Magpul PRS buttstock for its adjustability and ease of use. The Magpul PRS is heavy, but counterbalances nicely while allowing the end user to optimize cheek weld and length of pull. I had GA Precision apply Flat Dark Earth Cerakote which was flawless.

I am blissfully satisfied with my purchase. The GAP-10 is fully capable of delivering sub MOA accuracy, but shooting around or under 1/2 MOA is common. The 6mm Creedmoor cartridge has proven a to be a top performer. Its light recoil, flat trajectory and ability in wind has earned it quick adoption into the” tactical precision rifle competition community. Since receiving this rifle I have also had GA Precision build me a bolt action rifle in the same caliber for matches where the rules lend to shooting a bolt gun over a gas.The GAP-10 stands out as an elite rifle in a market flooded with options, by delivering bolt action accuracy from a reliable Semi-Automatic platform; combined with GA Precision’s stellar customer service and support, GA Precision’s GAP-10 is a winning combination.For more information or to order visit: http://gaprecision.net

CC556
06-28-13, 09:44
Good writeup. I haven't seen semi autos make the kinds of inroads into local matches that I think they deserve, though the way many matches are set up I feel semis are a disadvantage.

What bullet are you shooting from the 6Creedmoor, and what kind of speeds are you seeing from the 23" barrel?

BigJoe
06-28-13, 11:56
105's at 2950
bolt gun 105's at 3050

BigJoe
06-28-13, 11:59
Good writeup. I haven't seen semi autos make the kinds of inroads into local matches that I think they deserve, though the way many matches are set up I feel semis are a disadvantage.

What bullet are you shooting from the 6Creedmoor, and what kind of speeds are you seeing from the 23" barrel?

alot of match directors aren't comfortable enough with letting semi's run or move with mag in gun on safe. the old school bolt guys like their bolts back putting semi's at a disadvantage when you have to clear and safe whenever you move. Luckily more LEO and Mil guys are running matches and are allowing semi's to move without the headache.

CC556
06-28-13, 12:59
In my area we've got 1 MD who is friendly to semis, a couple that require the bolt to be back and the mag out when moving, and one that for some reason won't allow them at all.

Other than that, I think most matches' scoring systems don't help either since generally there's just a maximum stage time you need to meet, and if you shoot it and come in under that time it doesn't matter how fast or slow you were. It also doesn't help that semis are trickier to shoot from less stable positions. I'd like to see matches factor time into the scores and not penalize semis during movement. Having shot a 6XC AR platform rifle in competition, as well as my various bolt guns, until more MDs get onboard with more realistic rules I think semis will remain a relatively small group in the LR match world.

BigJoe
06-28-13, 13:59
I see them fairly regularly now in the PRS matches, LMT MWS's, larue OBR's and GAP10's being the most frequent. With the accuracy we are seeing now out of gas guns and many gunsmiths like GAP chambering them in the 6.5s like CM and 260 or x47 as well as 243, 7-08, 6cm etc it gives you a lot to like. Like i said in the article i had another 6cm built by GAP off a surgeon for matches that require the full retard clear and safe run or don't allow them but overall if i can run a gas gun i will. You are correct they are a different animal to drive correctly especially if you are a limp wristed bolt gun shooter.

taliv
06-28-13, 21:15
nice writeup joe!

you can run the 105s at 3150fps in a bolt gun no problem.

i'm running about 3130 fps from a 25" bbl bolt gun and am a whole grain under max* just because of the PRS speed limit.

*not that there is a SAAMI "max" for this cartridge, but what GAP recommended not to exceed

rdbse
06-28-13, 22:06
You are correct they are a different animal to drive correctly especially if you are a limp wristed bolt gun shooter.

Thanks for the write up, and this is a great quote. I am running my LMT MWS in long rang matches, and as a novice I'm amazed at the competitors who obviously put gear (crutches) above technique.

Although not the top guys, who know their stuff and use gear to push the limits of precision shooting. These guys are great competators and fun watch.

CC556
06-29-13, 00:28
Thanks for the write up, and this is a great quote. I am running my LMT MWS in long rang matches, and as a novice I'm amazed at the competitors who obviously put gear (crutches) above technique.

Although not the top guys, who know their stuff and use gear to push the limits of precision shooting. These guys are great competators and fun watch.

I'm curious exactly what crutches you're noticing people using at matches.

BigJoe
06-29-13, 00:33
I'm curious exactly what crutches you're noticing people using at matches.

well i will tell you, i have to laugh when i see a big guy running around with 10 pillows hanging off him in a tac match and then shove them in every fold of skin he can find in his entirely too tight multi-cam crye cami's he should have bought a size bigger. just saying

CC556
06-29-13, 08:12
well i will tell you, i have to laugh when i see a big guy running around with 10 pillows hanging off him in a tac match and then shove them in every fold of skin he can find in his entirely too tight multi-cam crye cami's he should have bought a size bigger. just saying

I didn't know if he was trying to go down the "bolt gun is a crutch" path. I too have seen all manner of bizarre things people have brought to matches and then struggled to use in a stage. I find for the most part these extra things are generally more of a hindrance than a crutch.

rdbse
06-29-13, 09:11
I didn't know if he was trying to go down the "bolt gun is a crutch" path. I too have seen all manner of bizarre things people have brought to matches and then struggled to use in a stage. I find for the most part these extra things are generally more of a hindrance than a crutch.

That was not my intent. I am refering to the guys with all the latest gear and most expensive rifles money can buy. Yet they have not developed the fundamentlas of prone position.

Doc. Holiday
07-17-13, 16:52
I wonder if the GA's are manufactured where POF's are, cuz they look dang near identical!

Kchen986
07-17-13, 20:14
I wonder if the GA's are manufactured where POF's are, cuz they look dang near identical!

GA = Kansas City, MO

POF = Arizona.

GA buys the upper and lower receivers from POF, but otherwise builds their own weapons. AFAIK, The GA uses Bartlein barrels, and leaves them in a heavy profile.

Doc. Holiday
07-18-13, 09:56
Gotcha. I knew POF was out of Arizona, but that was about it.

TurretGunner
07-18-13, 17:35
Agree with everything but them being of the highest quality, they still use POF parts, which are where most of the problems come from. There is a long list of people over on the hide that have had to send them back and have had problems.....

Amazingly, most say that GAP refuses to admit there is anything wrong.... Feel free to research the issue yourself.

I can build a AR10 frame gun that is just as accurate and reliable, using better parts for less money. Its not rocket surgery. The SR-25 is the only one in that class you really can't build yourself.

OrdnanceLocker
07-28-13, 10:47
Agree with everything but them being of the highest quality, they still use POF parts, which are where most of the problems come from. There is a long list of people over on the hide that have had to send them back and have had problems.....

Amazingly, most say that GAP refuses to admit there is anything wrong.... Feel free to research the issue yourself.

I can build a AR10 frame gun that is just as accurate and reliable, using better parts for less money. Its not rocket surgery. The SR-25 is the only one in that class you really can't build yourself.

Lol... First off, EVERY manufacturer will have occasional issues including Larue, JP, LMT, etc. There is NO long list of people with broken GAP-10's... Hell there's barely a short list. And I'm on the Hide probably more than you. Second, They only use the receiver frames and hand guards which don't attribute to the mechanical issues POF was experiencing. Last... Please point out the parts other than POF frames that's not of "high quality" in your skewed opinion.

TurretGunner
07-29-13, 11:09
Lol... First off, EVERY manufacturer will have occasional issues including Larue, JP, LMT, etc. There is NO long list of people with broken GAP-10's... Hell there's barely a short list. And I'm on the Hide probably more than you. Second, They only use the receiver frames and hand guards which don't attribute to the mechanical issues POF was experiencing. Last... Please point out the parts other than POF frames that's not of "high quality" in your skewed opinion.

Handgaurd problems seem to be one of the big ones. And for some reason when the gun doesn't shoot, GAP will play the blame game.

Gap10's are not know for their reliability, they are game guns.

BigJoe
07-29-13, 14:56
gap guns are known for shooting as accurate as bolt guns. the problems come when you have gap build you a gun with a match tight chamber so you get the accuracy but you shove shitty ammo in it. My gap10 has been reliable as anything else i have ran precision semi-auto wise. I don't run it like a carbine but why the hell would i when i have a 700 dollar barrel hanging on it, i have other gassers to shoot drills with. If you want a sub moa gun that runs ANYTHING then you have to tell GAP that so they can put a bigger chamber in it and tune the port for it. gas guns aren't rocket science but getting them as accurate as most GAP10's isn't easy. I don't know where these "lesser quality" posts come from, as the reciever and rail on my GAP10 are REALLY nice, fit is good, no problems with the quality on em. I have owned and used KAC rifles, i don't understand the mystique behind em but then again i was told that i work for bushmaster on this page before because i said i wouldn't buy one personally. GAP is known for awesome customer service, and please enlighten me where these threads are about excuses because last time i checked GAP can't make their gap10 fast enough and there are HUNDREDS of happy customers on snipershide shooting the PISS out of their gap10's

Kchen986
07-29-13, 16:24
Yep. Took a Precision Rifle Course next to a couple of GAP10s. Didn't see any issues during our two days of instruction.

Turretgunner, could you link me to the GAP10 issue threads? I've been wanting a GAP for the longest, and would like to be aware of any known issues.

TurretGunner
07-29-13, 16:55
Yep. Took a Precision Rifle Course next to a couple of GAP10s. Didn't see any issues during our two days of instruction.

Turretgunner, could you link me to the GAP10 issue threads? I've been wanting a GAP for the longest, and would like to be aware of any known issues.

No offense guy, But I'm not here to do research for you. Use the search function on the forums, its out there.

Kchen986
07-29-13, 17:30
No offense guy, But I'm not here to do research for you. Use the search function on the forums, its out there.

Sooo, you can't find it? Because I already searched. In fact, GAP looks eager to solve the problem here:

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-semi-auto-rifles/188584-gap-10-6-5-cm-heavy-cratering-heavy-swipes-2-pierced-primers-factory-ammo.html

Where's the blame-game you referenced?

OrdnanceLocker
07-29-13, 21:22
Handgaurd problems seem to be one of the big ones. And for some reason when the gun doesn't shoot, GAP will play the blame game.

Gap10's are not know for their reliability, they are game guns.

Handguard problems? Lol... Like what exactly? And you're completely full of shit in regards to GAP and blaming others. I had one of the few GAPs where there was a bad reamer issue and they went above and beyond to repair it when they discovered it. George is one of the few smiths who will still get on the phone with you and try to work through an issue. Hell, one time it was completely my fault and rather than blaming me he still had me send him the mount to look at. You don't know what your talking about. You've now gone from claiming POF is crap to GAP rifles being unreliable which is unfounded and completely untrue. You don't want to link to other threads because the fact is you have little to link to and for the few threads you do find I can find hundreds that offer an opposing opinion. I'm willing to bet money you're someone who purchased a GAP-10 and expected submoa out of the box and when it didn't happen you went straight to blaming the gun when based upon everything else you said I'd already want to assume you were the problem.

OrdnanceLocker
07-29-13, 21:24

More like you don't have anything that's really valid enough to back up your statements so you're trying to brush it off...

TurretGunner
07-30-13, 06:25
More like you don't have anything that's really valid enough to back up your statements so you're trying to brush it off...

Yea that's it..... How about you stop being ****ing lazy and do your own research. Use the search function and stop talking shit.

If you can't figure out something so simple on your own, then your not even worth the time people are wasting here.

PNorris
07-30-13, 09:14
If you want to say something bad about the gun then back it up. Don't say something bad and then not provide any proof. It is easy to talk shit, however, tougher to back it up.

OrdnanceLocker
07-30-13, 09:41
Yea that's it..... How about you stop being ****ing lazy and do your own research. Use the search function and stop talking shit.

If you can't figure out something so simple on your own, then your not even worth the time people are wasting here.

Lol... I don't need to back up my statements because I'm not the one throwing out bullshit comments regarding GAP's reliability or quality. I also don't need to "research" a weapon that I've actually owned and used. But go ahead and stick to your whole "go research it yourself" schtick...

BigJoe
07-30-13, 10:50
yeah and so have I, with no issues. have had more issues with KAC Mk11's and FN Mk17's and mk20's then any gap10.

Doc. Holiday
07-30-13, 11:12

You can't just say "go find it". If someone is searching for dirt on ANYTHING, they are going to find it. The real question is, how accurate is that dirt? Is it some mountain man complaining about a gun that won't function properly cuz he is treating his gun like crap? Or are most of the reports from reliable sources and are the reports consistent?

You are going to find "haters" anywhere on any product. Be specific.

Alaskapopo
07-31-13, 02:26
I owned a GAP 10 for a about 6 years it never was sub moa more like 1.25 moa. Sent it back to GAP and they said it was fine and sent back a bunch of 3 shot groups to prove it. I shoot 5 shot groups. I ended up selling it. That was built on an Armalite the new ones based on the POF are supposed to be better. But I would rather get a JP instead of rolling the dice with GAP again.
Pat

Alaskapopo
07-31-13, 02:29

How about acting civil towards other posters!
Pat

Doc. Holiday
07-31-13, 08:58
I owned a GAP 10 for a about 6 years it never was sub moa more like 1.25 moa. Sent it back to GAP and they said it was fine and sent back a bunch of 3 shot groups to prove it. I shoot 5 shot groups. I ended up selling it. That was built on an Armalite the new ones based on the POF are supposed to be better. But I would rather get a JP instead of rolling the dice with GAP again.
Pat

Thanks for adding your personal experience besides the "well, my bestfriend's wife's kid's cousin's father-in-law's bestfriend said..." Personal stories will always have weight. I'm sorry to hear about your experience. I'm with you, I personally would like to go the JP route myself if I were moving that direction.

OrdnanceLocker
07-31-13, 09:15
Pat

That was a GAP 308, not a GAP-10 which George already stated they had some issues with the older Armalite platforms. As for JP Enterprises I do love his LRP 07 and you can't go wrong with either.

Voodoochild
07-31-13, 12:38
Note to everyone....Keep it civil or keep it out of this thread. I will give this one warning then I will go Patrick Swayze Road House on people.

taliv
07-31-13, 18:40
Pat

they only started shipping them 2 years ago.

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-semi-auto-rifles/82472-ga-precision-gap-10-a.html

comparing the old ones (which weren't gap10s) and the new ones is like saying the "colt sporters weren't reliable. the 6920s are supposed to be better but". seriously, i can appreciate some residual ill will over them not meeting your expectations, but comparing two different models of custom shop rifles made 6 years apart is pretty sketchy.

Alaskapopo
07-31-13, 19:48

http://forum.snipershide.com/snipers-hide-semi-auto-rifles/82472-ga-precision-gap-10-a.html

comparing the old ones (which weren't gap10s) and the new ones is like saying the "colt sporters weren't reliable. the 6920s are supposed to be better but". seriously, i can appreciate some residual ill will over them not meeting your expectations, but comparing two different models of custom shop rifles made 6 years apart is pretty sketchy.

Gee then that AR10 that George built for me must have been a figment of my imagination. GA precision has been doing AR10 builds a lot longer than 2 years. Also if a company made crap in the past like Oly arms why should you expect that one day they would suddenly get it right. I am not going to risk my money to find out when they are better choices out there that I have seen perform like the JP. To each his own but I just can't spend the money there again after what happened the first time. The use of 3 shot groups as proof made it even easier to just say no to GAP for me. George seemed like a nice guy but the rifle did not meet expectations in the accuracy department. Sounds like your getting hung up on semantics. (name change)

Pat

TurretGunner
07-31-13, 22:34

They were damn near the same rifle. One used Armalite pattern parts and one uses DPMS/SR25 pattern parts. Considering the accuracy of an AR is derived almost entirely from its barrel, there is no reason for one to be a shooter and the other to not be.

OrdnanceLocker
08-01-13, 00:32
Gee then that AR10 that George built for me must have been a figment of my imagination. GA precision has been doing AR10 builds a lot longer than 2 years. Also if a company made crap in the past like Oly arms why should you expect that one day they would suddenly get it right. I am not going to risk my money to find out when they are better choices out there that I have seen perform like the JP. To each his own but I just can't spend the money there again after what happened the first time. The use of 3 shot groups as proof made it even easier to just say no to GAP for me. George seemed like a nice guy but the rifle did not meet expectations in the accuracy department. Sounds like your getting hung up on semantics. (name change)

Pat

They were damn near the same rifle. One used Armalite pattern parts and one uses DPMS/SR25 pattern parts. Considering the accuracy of an AR is derived almost entirely from its barrel, there is no reason for one to be a shooter and the other to not be.

Nobody said he didn't build you an AR, we said it wasn't a GAP-10 which is a FACT and there are clear differences between the two including the upper receiver design and barrel. When he built the Armalite versions he wasn't using Bartlein barrels which is what he's using now and they are undeniably some of the best barrels out there. The GAP-10 employs a monolithic upper platform which is NOT the same either. The Armelite versions were also some of his first go at AR's which like any company there are things you discover and change along the way.

BTW... I like JP's rifles... But I've seen the LRP have issues and need adjusting and repair as well. No one is perfect.

Alaskapopo
08-01-13, 00:40
Nobody said he didn't build you an AR, we said it wasn't a GAP-10 which is a FACT and there are clear differences between the two including the upper receiver design and barrel. When he built the Armalite versions he wasn't using Bartlein barrels which is what he's using now and they are undeniably some of the best barrels out there. The GAP-10 employs a monolithic upper platform which is NOT the same either. The Armelite versions were also some of his first go at AR's which like any company there are things you discover and change along the way.

BTW... I like JP's rifles... But I've seen the LRP have issues and need adjusting and repair as well. No one is perfect.

Fact I don't care what you call it, he has sold AR10 rifles and done work on them for a while now. He needs to stand behind what he sells regardless of what freaking name he gives it. At this point I am not willing to take a chance with him again unless I saw and shot one of his new guns and saw it actually perform in person. Sting me once your fault sting me twice my fault. We are playing semantics with model names that only have a few component changes.
Pat

BigJoe
08-01-13, 07:48
a few parts changes... i think a different receiver, upper, rail, barrel, carrier group pretty much changes THE ENTIRE GUN. GAP like EVERY other company i.e.; noveske, larue, LMT, larue, KAC has guns come out that are lemons, nature of the beast. i have multiple friends who couldn't get MWS's to group with the stainless barrels from LMT, I know of at least 2 OBR"s that have gone back for work, JP's, KAC's all of them. I know glocks that jam more then 1911's :o SAY IT ISN"T SO! jeez man calm down, i posted my review, my experience, take it or leave it. You cannot please everyone in the modern times of the internet, you seem content to fight EVERY happy customer of GAP so take it someplace else. I had a GAP ar10 built off a JD machine reciever before my GAP10 and that rifle was a hammer as well, and is currently serving a NY city SWAT marksman. George has stood behind EVERY gun i've ever heard of leave his shop. There is a cult like following behind his guns on other sites and in the competition precision world because of it. Sorry your experience was less then stellar now go :cray:someplace else.

Alaskapopo
08-01-13, 13:05
a few parts changes... i think a different receiver, upper, rail, barrel, carrier group pretty much changes THE ENTIRE GUN. GAP like EVERY other company i.e.; noveske, larue, LMT, larue, KAC has guns come out that are lemons, nature of the beast. i have multiple friends who couldn't get MWS's to group with the stainless barrels from LMT, I know of at least 2 OBR"s that have gone back for work, JP's, KAC's all of them. I know glocks that jam more then 1911's :o SAY IT ISN"T SO! jeez man calm down, i posted my review, my experience, take it or leave it. You cannot please everyone in the modern times of the internet, you seem content to fight EVERY happy customer of GAP so take it someplace else. I had a GAP ar10 built off a JD machine reciever before my GAP10 and that rifle was a hammer as well, and is currently serving a NY city SWAT marksman. George has stood behind EVERY gun i've ever heard of leave his shop. There is a cult like following behind his guns on other sites and in the competition precision world because of it. Sorry your experience was less then stellar now go :cray:someplace else.

I am not much into worshiping men. Sounds like your trying to suppress the truth. You posted your experience and I posted mine. Lets leave it at that without telling the other one to go away.
Pat

PNorris
08-01-13, 13:08
Everyone can agree that every manufacturer can produce a gun that doesn't meet one's expectations. A sample of one, however, does not prove all are bad. End of story as far as I am concerned.

OrdnanceLocker
08-01-13, 13:23
I am not much into worshiping men. Sounds like your trying to suppress the truth. You posted your experience and I posted mine. Lets leave it at that without telling the other one to go away.
Pat

Because he obviously implied you should worship the man... No one's trying to suppress anything. You're trying to compare one product with a completely different parts to another product and claiming "semantics". You also didn't post your experience with a GAP-10 but with another AR built by GAP and you're trying to intertwine the 2 to make it relevant to a products quality. In that case you better avoid Larue, JP, LMT, LWRC, POF, and almost any builder out there because I can find examples with EVERY manufacturer of a weapon not performing up to someones expectations.

Doc. Holiday
08-01-13, 13:27
This is getting too dramatic for me. I'm out. Bigjoe, nice review and thanks for your two cents on the rifle!

Alaskapopo
08-01-13, 13:34
Because he obviously implied you should worship the man... No one's trying to suppress anything. You're trying to compare one product with a completely different parts to another product and claiming "semantics". You also didn't post your experience with a GAP-10 but with another AR built by GAP and you're trying to intertwine the 2 to make it relevant to a products quality. In that case you better avoid Larue, JP, LMT, LWRC, POF, and almost any builder out there because I can find examples with EVERY manufacturer of a weapon not performing up to someones expectations.

He said I should go someplace else basically because I am sharing a negative experience that is what we call trying to suppress something. I don't give a rats ass how many GAP fan boys tell me to go away, what happened happened. Again with the semantics. GAP was responsible for the damn gun I got regardless if they want to name it GAP 10 POS 10 or what ever. Fanboys are irritating. The service is what I was really concerned about not the possiblity for a lemon here and there. If three shot groups are good enough for George then we don't share the same standards on accuracy.
Pat

SeriousStudent
08-01-13, 21:16
Let's ALL understand that BigJoe is a Subject Matter Expert, whose area of expertise happens to be poking holes in bad people at long distances with a rifle.

And since he's really, really, really good at that, he's an SME.

Voodoochild told everybody to be civil. You don't want to be here when Patrick Swayze shows up. Alaskapopo, you may safely assume I'm talking to you.

I'm personally interested in GAP rifles, which is the only reason I personally have not closed it, and I'm interested in what BigJoe has to say about them.

Alaskapopo
08-01-13, 22:50
Let's ALL understand that BigJoe is a Subject Matter Expert, whose area of expertise happens to be poking holes in bad people at long distances with a rifle.

And since he's really, really, really good at that, he's an SME.

Voodoochild told everybody to be civil. You don't want to be here when Patrick Swayze shows up. Alaskapopo, you may safely assume I'm talking to you.

I'm personally interested in GAP rifles, which is the only reason I personally have not closed it, and I'm interested in what BigJoe has to say about them.
With all the respect for what he has done and his service to our country I have it does not change my personal experience with my GAP rifle.

BigJoe
08-01-13, 22:58
i have also owned a Mk17, SR25, JP rifle, Used a mk11 for enough rounds to burn a couple barrels, Shot MWS's, OBR's, EBR's.

And watched more then a few threads go down a rabit hole like this. i told you to go away because you are hell bent on countering every positive thing someone had to say on GAP. you already voiced your negative feedback. It wasn't deleted. You voiced feedback about the company NOT the gun in question, which multiple people tried to voice to you. In which you became more defensive.

Thanks student for the props but the fact of what i do for a living doesn't change the fact that i have experience with just the guns themselves and had a positive and continue to have a positive experience with that rifle. I am friends with MANY people in the industry including George which i consider a large honor for me. Doesn't mean i don't pay for my guns the same as everyone else and chose where to put my hard earned dollar any easier then the next person. If it wasn't what i felt a better rifle it wouldn't be in my safe, period.

OrdnanceLocker
08-01-13, 23:00
i have also owned a Mk17, SR25, JP rifle, Used a mk11 for enough rounds to burn a couple barrels, Shot MWS's, OBR's, EBR's.

And watched more then a few threads go down a rabit hole like this. i told you to go away because you are hell bent on countering every positive thing someone had to say on GAP. you already voiced your negative feedback. It wasn't deleted. You voiced feedback about the company NOT the gun in question, which multiple people tried to voice to you. In which you became more defensive.

Thanks student for the props but the fact of what i do for a living doesn't change the fact that i have experience with just the guns themselves and had a positive and continue to have a positive experience with that rifle. I am friends with MANY people in the industry including George which i consider a large honor for me. Doesn't mean i don't pay for my guns the same as everyone else and chose where to put my hard earned dollar any easier then the next person. If it wasn't what i felt a better rifle it wouldn't be in my safe, period.

Fanboy... :sarcastic:

Alaskapopo
08-01-13, 23:07

My feedback was not just on the gun in question but rather the service given. I also understand that your friendship with George makes it a bit harder for you to be objective.
Pat

OrdnanceLocker
08-01-13, 23:13
My feedback was not just on the gun in question but rather the service given. I also understand that your friendship with George makes it a bit harder for you to be objective.
Pat

I love how you yourself even said George was a "nice guy" and that they looked at the rifle and performed tests, but because they didn't find anything wrong with it shooting 3 round groups instead of 5 rounds then GAP must have poor service and we're all objective about it and fanboys, and you did call us fanboys but edited it after the fact.

SeriousStudent
08-01-13, 23:14
Okay, put a fork in this thread, it's done. Pat, go read your PM's now.