PDA

View Full Version : Glock 19 Holster

aaron_c
06-28-13, 22:28
I've been carrying my Glock 19 in the Raven Vanguard 2 for several months now (when not carrying my CM9). I'm starting to look for a more substantial/sturdy holster with two belt clips, that still allows me to carry AIWB. I've been looking at the Haley Incog holster and like it a lot - I love the thought of tilting the belt loops outward to push the gun into your body tighter.

I know there are some other great holsters out there though, and some new ones out since I researched this last time, so what do you guys recommend?

6point9
06-28-13, 22:44
Bravo concealment has the DOS holster (which I've used and it works but AIWB with a G19 just isnt for me so I'm probably going with a different option). Another option if you want something that's pretty low profile is the PJ holster which has received pretty good reviews and Paul will tailor it however you like. There's also the HSP/G-Force Incog holster as you mentioned but I've read mixed reviews on that.

donlapalma
06-28-13, 23:00
aaron_c,

Here is a link to an existing thread with some good recommendations.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=120736&highlight=aiwb+holster

I carried a Glock 19 in a VG2 as well before going with the Custom Carry Concepts Shaggy. I'm very impressed with its simplicity in design and utility. It is very comfortable and I'm glad about my purchase. Good luck.

eleven
06-28-13, 23:11

Up1911fan
06-29-13, 07:53
If you want to carry AIWB i'd look at JM Custom, Custom Carry Concepts, Dark Star Gear and JRC.

Hemoglobin
06-29-13, 11:27
The above mentioned thread lead me to give a few different ones a shot, including the VG2. I landed on the JM custom and I'm really happy. If I found a local that was looking to offload a shaggy for next to nothing I would give it a shot, but I'm happy enough to not seek out anything else.

sboers
06-29-13, 11:30
I alternate between a VG2 and a CCC Shaggy depending on what I'm doing, but have primarily used the Shaggy for the past six months. It's an excellent holster. I prefer the snap loops to the kydex loop.

The pistol-forum link posted above is what I used as reference to make my decision.

Singlestack Wonder
06-29-13, 11:41
Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC.

After using many others over the years, I tried one of these 4 years ago and have never looked back. All day comfort (due to the large leather backing that distributes the weight) and very durable. The one I use to carry a G19 for CCW, classes, matches, and weekly practice, has seen countless draws and never ending sweat. Still going strong with no signs of wearing out.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95

donlapalma
06-29-13, 11:44
Comp-Tac Minotaur MTAC.

After using many others over the years, I tried one of these 4 years ago and have never looked back. All day comfort (due to the large leather backing that distributes the weight) and very durable. The one I use to carry a G19 for CCW, classes, matches, and weekly practice, has seen countless draws and never ending sweat. Still going strong with no signs of wearing out.

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95

Good recommendation and it's a holster I've used myself, but I believe the OP is looking for AIWB holster.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

fail wagon
06-29-13, 12:29
Vangaurd 2, G code incog and Dale Fricke Archangel are my go to 3
Had dale build me a custom low ride with a bit of cant, super comfy but a bit thick with some of my pants. It's my favorite for long periods of sitting.

Singlestack Wonder
06-29-13, 13:16
Good recommendation and it's a holster I've used myself, but I believe the OP is looking for AIWB holster.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Missed the appendix carry...In that case:

http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=89

gun71530
06-29-13, 15:40
I've been using the INCOG for almost two months now and it's very comfortable. It also does a great job of concealing my Glock 19. I highly recommend it, it's worth the wait time.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Serlo II
06-29-13, 15:49
Comp- Tac Minataur is very comfortable, fast and widely adjustable.
I have a lot of holsters but this is the one I keep wearing day after day.
I got the model that fits all "17/22" frames so I can use it with a G17 or G19 or G23 etc.

For apendix carry - the Haley Incog holster is very good. One of my associates uses it and loves it.
Personally I can't carry knowing that my weapon is pointed at my nuts.

morpheus6d9
06-29-13, 17:13
i got mine made by http://www.phlster.com/

aaron_c
06-29-13, 17:15
As someone else said, there seem to be mixed reviews on it. How do you like the 'tactical fuzz', and does having the clips tilted out make a difference in holding the gun tight against you? Any cons with the holster that you've found?

I've been using the INCOG for almost two months now and it's very comfortable. It also does a great job of concealing my Glock 19. I highly recommend it, it's worth the wait time.

aaron_c
06-29-13, 17:58
Also, I see the P-holster's clips look nearly identical to Haley's holster. That's definitely an option!

i got mine made by http://www.phlster.com/

gun71530
06-29-13, 18:37
As someone else said, there seem to be mixed reviews on it. How do you like the 'tactical fuzz', and does having the clips tilted out make a difference in holding the gun tight against you? Any cons with the holster that you've found?

No issues so far. The fuzz is nice, and keeps my undershirt from riding up when I draw. The clips do a great job of pushing the holster and your pistol tight into your abdomen.

Trajan
06-29-13, 19:18
Dark Star Gear AIWB. I do still use my Archangel for singletrack, as the DSG sits lower and is longer (G34). If you don't ride a bike, DSG all the way. I've also heard great things about the shaggy. You want a nice holster with a tuck feature, especially if you're a leaner dude.

morpheus6d9
06-30-13, 19:55
Also, I see the P-holster's clips look nearly identical to Haley's holster. That's definitely an option!

Its the same clip

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

gun71530
06-30-13, 21:08
Its the same clip

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Off the Grid Concepts is also using the INCOG clip now.

Sigfan24
06-30-13, 22:11
I have been using a Dale Fricke Seraphim with my RMR equipped g17 for about a year. Before that it was an archangel. No other appendix holster (including an INCOG, fist 1k, dfh zack, otg ADR, etc), has been anywhere near as amazing. For appendix carry, Dale Fricke just "gets it". I keep trying different appendix rigs, but keep coming back to Dale's holsters.

WadeP
06-30-13, 23:15
+1 for Fricke.

Redstate
07-03-13, 20:11
I've been carrying my Glocks in a Kramer IWB 3 for years. Great quality holster, comfortable and good concealment.

Clay
07-03-13, 20:58
+2 for Dale Fricke. He is the man for appendix gear imho.

For standard IWB gear I have had the best luck with holsters from Nick Matthews and Eric Barber. Highly recommended.

titsonritz
07-05-13, 04:05
+3 for Fricke