PDA

View Full Version : My Planned Bolt Gun - Thoughts?

doomfromheaven
06-29-13, 00:21
I've been going through relevant threads here for a while, and I've been researching through them and throwing together a list with what I've gotten from them. This list by no means final (save for a few things), but some of the definite things I'd like to keep is max the optic (for now) at 1.5k and definitely keep it to a Remington 700 system in .308.

The current plan is to get the rifle, mounting parts, optic, and bipod. This will be a project over time and from there, I was planning to add in the McMillan Stock, inlet the McMillan Stock if need be for the Badger M5 system, add a match barrel, and obviously change the trigger. I will be using that “basic” rifle for a while before the upgrade. The plan is to build something similar to the current M40A5 used by the Marine Corps, but not completely break the bank on things such as the optic (albeit that is planned for in distant the future). Plans for this rifle is range shooting (hopefully 300+ yds if I can find any in Maryland) and also for some rougher handling. Any input is greatly appreciated. (I’m aware it’s probably looked down upon that I want to make something similar to a military rifle, but…)

Weapon
Remington 700 SPS Tactical or Normal SPS. Do I want the 24" Barrel of the Normal one or the 20" Heavy Contour one? I was leaning more towards the 20" Heavy Contour from what I've heard/seen, but I figured I'd ask.

Magazine System
Badger M5 DBM System, Short Action. Non-Negotiable, unless there is a significantly better magazine system out there, with accompanying proof.

Bipod
6-9" Harris Swivel Type Bipod w/ KMW. Also non-negotiable. I do have a question about this, though. To mount it on the normal SPS’s stock and/or onto the McMillan A4/A5, do I need to get any more mounting materials other than what is provided? I’ve been looking around and looking

Stock
A-4/A-5 McMillan Stock. Non-Negotiable. I am unsure which is used for the current military rifle. Though, in terms of modifications, I’m assuming I’m going to have to have a gun shop do any inletting I need for the Magazine System and probably for seating the action and barrel in it.

Optics
Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP MRAD. This decision was based off of what I saw in another thread that would fit my budget. I know I definitely want to go MRAD (Mil RAD from what I’ve seen? Definitely want Mils.), but definitely don’t want to go for some very cheap optic that I wanted before looking around on here, like a 200 or 300 dollar optic. Input is definitely welcome here.

Rings
Badger Max-50 Scope Ring Standard. Same rings (from what I’ve read) as they use on the current military rifle, except mine is in 30mm instead of 34mm, since that’s the diameter of the tube. What I’m worried about is that with the height of the base + rings, will it be enough height for the optic to be as close to the barrel as possible, without resting on it, obviously. Input and advice is welcome here as well.

Action
This isn't so much a parts question (or maybe it is?), as it is a lubrication or other maintenance question. How would one go about getting their bolt action (with the paddle handle that at least looks similar to the stock) very easy to cycle, obviously without making it a hazard to fire?

Scope Base (Nothing Definite Yet)
Ross Optical Platforms (USMC) 6-48TPI
Badger Ordnance Short Action Base
I’m unsure as what to do as a scope base for this. I saw some people using Badger Ordnance bases, but there are so many varieties, and I didn’t see which I should use for this rifle after searching around. The clearance for the scope concern from the rings section obviously applies to this section as well. Input and advice for this section is welcome.

Barrel (Nothing Definite Yet)
Bartlein Barrel, M24/M40 #14 Contour
Schneider Barrel, M40 Barrel INQUIRING about availability and price
I haven’t seen much in the way of barrels here, but I saw that the military version has that Schneider Barrel. This being said, I don’t know the exact price on it. The Bartlein is there, as I think that’s the other barrel that I saw here. Input is definitely welcome here.

Trigger (Nothing Definite Yet)
Timney Remington 700 Trigger Normal. I didn’t see any other triggers except for this one here. I’ve got almost nothing in the way of triggers. Input is definitely welcome here.

Anything else?

Thanks to anyone that has the patience to read and/or help out with this project.

Rah,
Doom

BigJoe
06-29-13, 00:30
Weapon
Remington 700 SPS Tactical or Normal SPS. Do I want the 24" Barrel of the Normal one or the 20" Heavy Contour one? I was leaning more towards the 20" Heavy Contour from what I've heard/seen, but I figured I'd ask.

Solid choice, tons of aftermarket support
Magazine System
Badger M5 DBM System, Short Action. Non-Negotiable, unless there is a significantly better magazine system out there, with accompanying proof.

badger is a industry standard, the surgeon one is also very nice

Bipod
6-9" Harris Swivel Type Bipod w/ KMW. Also non-negotiable. I do have a question about this, though. To mount it on the normal SPS’s stock and/or onto the McMillan A4/A5, do I need to get any more mounting materials other than what is provided? I’ve been looking around and looking

harris have worked for a long time but personally i prefer Atlas, though i have both in my safe
Stock
A-4/A-5 McMillan Stock. Non-Negotiable. Though, I’m assuming I’m going to have to have a gun shop do any inletting I need for the Magazine System and probably for seating the action and barrel in it.

whoever builds your barreled action just have them do the bedding, you can order your mcmillan inletted for the badger or whatever bottom metal
Optics
Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP MRAD. This decision was based off of what I saw in another thread that would fit my budget. I know I definitely want to go MRAD (Mil RAD from what I’ve seen? Definitely want Mils.), but definitely don’t want to go for some very cheap optic that I wanted before looking around on here, like a 200 or 300 dollar optic. Input is definitely welcome here.

solid scope for the money, also look at Bushnell HDMR

Rings
Badger Max-50 Scope Ring Standard. Same rings (from what I’ve read) as they use on the current military rifle, except mine is in 30mm instead of 34mm, since that’s the diameter of the tube. What I’m worried about is that with the height of the base + rings, will it be enough height for the optic to be as close to the barrel as possible, without resting on it, obviously. Input and advice is welcome here as well.

badger rings are very good, the max-50 are a big much for a 308 but thats a personal call

I’m unsure as what to do as a scope base for this. I saw some people using Badger Ordnance bases, but there are so many varieties, and I didn’t see which I should use for this rifle after searching around. The clearance for the scope concern from the rings section obviously applies to this section as well. Input and advice for this section is welcome.

badger, nightforce are two solid bets
I haven’t seen much in the way of barrels here, but I saw that the military version has that Schneider Barrel. This being said, I don’t know the exact price on it. The Bartlein is there, as I think that’s the other barrel that I saw here. Input is definitely welcome here.

talk to who you are going to have build your gun as they will most likely have some barrels in stock, i know GAP, black ops, APA, SAC usually have popular barrels in stock

Timney Remington 700 Trigger Normal. I didn’t see any other triggers except for this one here. I’ve got almost nothing in the way of triggers. Input is definitely welcome here.

I LOVE timney triggers, they don't have nearly as many problems as other triggers i've seen. A old style remington trigger adjusted right is also pretty damn nice.

Anything else?

TAB gear sling, get a kestrel 4500, a good sand bag and enjoy, i would say though if your buying a r700 to just strip down and replace everything anyways see if you can get a r700 short action off brownells or just a r700 short action at a pawn shop or something to save you some money

doomfromheaven
06-29-13, 01:01
Thank you for your input! I'll definitely keep what you've said in mind.

CC556
06-29-13, 08:37
I'm a fan of the Surgeon bottom metal over the Badger for 2 reasons. The first is that the mag release lever doesn't protrude downward like the Badger so it's harder to inadvertently hit, also since it kind of wraps around the trigger guard it's real easy to stab with your trigger finger when you want to release the mag. The second reason is that the magwell portion of the Surgeon gives you something you can push against if your position dictates you have to (tripod positions, barricade positions.)

As for the rings, if you're married to the idea of the Max-50 then at least get the alloy version. There's no sense in adding more weight than necessary and the steel rings are heavy!

Merle
06-30-13, 15:18
The 700 sps has a 1/10 twist sporter contour barrel. It's pretty skinny. The sps tactical has a 1/12 twist varmint contour barrel. You could get the sps varmint which has the same contour and 1/12 twist as the tactical but is 26". They can be had fairly cheap brand new. I bet you could get one for less than $600 out the door. Another option is the 700 aac which has the 20" barrel in a 1/10 twist. All of these rifles come with cheesy factory stocks that are not free floated.

orkan
06-30-13, 21:27
Rifle - Go with the 24" varmint/heavy. (unless you are for sure rebarreling, then it doesn't matter)

DBM - Surgeon or PTG. Surgeon is my favorite, but the PTG is a close second. For the price, the PTG is fantastic. Both have a "tang" that hangs down which is great for guiding the mag in and slamming up against barricades.

Bipod - Buy 2. A really tall Harris for use while sitting, and an Atlas for everything else.

Optics - Vortex 4-16 ffp is a good choice.

Rings - Badger

Base - Seekins 20moa

Barrel - Benchmark 26" 1:10

Trigger - Timney 510

Anything else - Yeah... tons of things. ;)

Merle
06-30-13, 21:52
Rifle - Go with the 24" varmint/heavy.
What model has a 24" varmint barrel? The only 700 that I know of that comes with a 24" varmint contour barrel is the 5R rifle.

orkan
06-30-13, 22:12
What model has a 24" varmint barrel? The only 700 that I know of that comes with a 24" varmint contour barrel is the 5R rifle. typo, meant to say 26".

doomfromheaven
06-30-13, 22:16
Thanks to the both of you for commenting! I'll take what you both have said into consideration.

broylz
06-30-13, 22:49
I will throw my opinion in for what its worth...

If you go with a SPS version, get the SPS Tactical AAC-SD version. its the only Remington 308 with a 1:10 twist. the rest are 1:12 except for the 5R milspec 1:11.25. I think its a great general purpose rifle.

If you are going to rebarrel to something heavier, get an Academy sports ADL model for $379. the receivers are the same...

For bottom metal, CDI is also very nice and is usually a bit cheaper than the bigger names.

as far as stocks go, I would also look into Manners stocks. they are every bit as nice or nicer than the McMillan. I personally would get the manners t2/t2a as I prefer the angled buttstock for shooting with a rear bag.

The vortex viper PST line is great but do a bit of looking around and see for yourself in person if you can. ive read some articles that say the 4-16x version has the worst glass of that line, but im sure its still better than cheaper scopes. no first hand experience of my own but I plan on buying a 6-24x MOA version when funds allow.

as far as rings and such go, I would go with a 20MOA base and rings. Badger is very nice. I would also look at nightforce or seekins and pick whichever your budget likes.

I would also add a Harris bipod, not sure if you even mentioned that or not, cant remember right now. I really like the 6-9" notched legs and swivel version.

RyanB
07-08-13, 15:17
Look at the Manners stock with the Mini-DBM chassis. It's basically a Badger M5 on the bottom and a bedding block on top, and it's installed into the stock. That eliminates the need to bed (if your action is round, which Remingtons may or may not be) and saves you about $200. Manners also has better adjustment hardware if you get an adjustable stock.

For 300 yards I'd get a 20" barrel. The extra 75fps of a longer barrel just won't matter at that range.

Also, I wouldn't get an M40 barrel, I'd get Remington Varmint contour or a medium Palma barrel and save a few pounds.

If you're building from scratch, no point to buying a rifle just to tear down, you'll get a better rifle if you buy a custom action. The Stiller is about $1033 shipped from Bugholes.com and currently in stock, it has some advantages over a worked over Remington.

Make sure you get a stock that is inletted for the Timney trigger, it's bigger than a stock unit in some dimensions.

HD1911
07-09-13, 17:27
Weapon

Solid choice, tons of aftermarket support
Magazine System

badger is a industry standard, the surgeon one is also very nice

Bipod

harris have worked for a long time but personally i prefer Atlas, though i have both in my safe
Stock
A-4/A-5 McMillan Stock. Non-Negotiable. Though, I’m assuming I’m going to have to have a gun shop do any inletting I need for the Magazine System and probably for seating the action and barrel in it.

whoever builds your barreled action just have them do the bedding, you can order your mcmillan inletted for the badger or whatever bottom metal
Optics

solid scope for the money, also look at Bushnell HDMR

Rings

badger rings are very good, the max-50 are a big much for a 308 but thats a personal call

badger, nightforce are two solid bets

talk to who you are going to have build your gun as they will most likely have some barrels in stock, i know GAP, black ops, APA, SAC usually have popular barrels in stock

I LOVE timney triggers, they don't have nearly as many problems as other triggers i've seen. A old style remington trigger adjusted right is also pretty damn nice.

Anything else?

TAB gear sling, get a kestrel 4500, a good sand bag and enjoy, i would say though if your buying a r700 to just strip down and replace everything anyways see if you can get a r700 short action off brownells or just a r700 short action at a pawn shop or something to save you some money

What Big Joe said, times 10

TurretGunner
07-16-13, 17:44
I would ignore all the advice above, respectfully. First you need to be honest with yourself. What are you goals and what do you want to do with this?

Do you just want to have a cool rifle that you shoot a few times a year, show off to your friends, and sits in a case/safe?

Do you want to have a rifle you can hunt and shoot long range (600yards+) with?

Do you want to get the best bang for your buck and give yourself options?

Do you want to learn how to shoot a bolt gun long range, and the skills that go with it (KD/Non KD ranging, learning mils, shooting discipline, reading wind, ect)?

You will probally ignore my advice anyway, but here it is.

A. If you want to LEARN to shoot, define your goals. What range do you want to shoot? Do you reload? How much time do you have to devote to the sport, and lastly how much money can you put into the sport/craft/hobby/skillgame?

After you decide the above factors, first thing you should look at is optics. A good optic will last a long time as you go through rifles, and will be one of the biggest limiting factors. It is better to spend 1500 on an optic and 500 on a rifle, than visa-vera. Good tracking, optic clarity, repeatable and matching turrets, and FFP are all things you want in an optic for this type of platform.

If you just want to learn to shoot, and have the time(but not alot of money), buy a cheap factory gun in 308( I reccomend a tikka for the price nothing will come close in quality and accuracy wise), a shit load of ammo, and hit the range. Take a course or two and shoot with people who have learned the hard way. You could buy a SPS 700, but as you will realize after a while, its a waste of money. Buy the time you do everything needed to get it to shoot right, you will be better off with a factory AI/AE or a Built Action from GAP/Surgeon/Badger/ect.....
This will cost you the least amount of money and will give you the most value for you money as far as building skill is concerned. Don't worry about barrels, and all this other shit untill you can outshoot a factory one (which 90% of shooters can't) or a stock (unless you decide to do something dumb like buy a 700 which has the biggest piece of shit non FF stock tupperware plastic abomination you will find, and need to buy a real stock/chasis to get the gun to even shoot decent/repeatable/consistant). After you put a few 1K rounds through this, then you will have a better understanding what you want from a rifle, by then, you will have shot your friends high end guns and decide what you really want/need/desire. Hell you can even shoot cheap .308 FMJ ammo at short ranges untill the ammo becomes the limiting factor, then shoot the rifle untill that becomes the LF.

B. You have more money to throw at this (based on your post) so you can afford to start with something a little higher end and have income to be able to afford to shoot the same ammount as above. There aren't alot of options in this realm. You could do the 700 with some cheap upgrades route, but you will still end up with a argubally shitty rifle that will need serious work (more likley u sell it to buy a real stick) down the road to get to an acceptable level. There are a handfull of rifles in this realm that would be a good choice, after your optic is already taken care of. I am partial to the Tikka Sporter, Tikka Tac and the FN SPRA1. The Sporter comes in .260 and 6.5x55 which are both much better long range rounds than .308. You could sell the stock on the sporter and put it into a chassis like the W3, but buy the time your done with that, you are looking into TRG22 money, which is a top of the line factory rifle and the sum of its parts make it a better value. The T3 tac is a decent rifle that does not need anything but ammo, glass and rings to shoot well. The SPR is really the winner in the $1200-2000 range for these kinds of rifles. Comes with a fully blueprinted Pre-64 WIN70 style action, McMillian Stock, and a fantastic barrel that is CL, and will last more than 15K rounds. It blows the 700 out of the water on every category.

C. You have a Shit load of money and want to buy the best. IMO, you really have two choices here. Pick a Top end Factory rifle like the AI or SAKO or have one of the known smiths build you a rifle. The benefit of the factory built rifle is availbility, factory support, parts designed to work in sync. Cons are if you don't like the features offered, you are up shits creek unless you want to have a smith modify it (which may or may hurt value of rifle if you like to buy and sell guns). Benefit of a full build is you can get what you want (if its availible) and you know a little more care is put into each gun. Cons are Long wait times, expensive and some smiths tend to play the blame/deflection game when they put out a lemon or **** up. If you go the build route, You really should have it built using a top end action from the begining. One that is made correctly, the first time, and not one that had to have extensive machining and work done to make it acceptable (rem700). In the end, you arent saving much with a 700, and your rifle will not be worth as much and I would argue, is a weaker link then a badger/Defiance/Gap/ect built action.

Personaly I would go with a Factory AI/Sako in this realm, unless you come across a very good deal on a APA/GAP/KMW gun that has everything you want. Expect these guns to sell for a premium and not much less then they cost from the smiths(time is money, friend).

2. If you want a gun you can hunt and shoot with, define what ranges and game you want to shoot, and what distance you want to shoot for target. Follow the above advice, but Don't be an idiot and have a .243 or 6Creedmore built if you want to take elk at 400 yards. Hunting and long range calibers sometimes overlap but for the most part, energy is not important as trajectory for your target guns. This is why calibers like 6.5c and .260 have replaced 300WM for long range shooting. No need for all that recoil, powder, expense and noise if you are banging steel or paper.

3. I would really go back to something like the T3, Winchester Stealth, FN SPR (at higher end). All of these are VERY good shooting factory guns, that come with servicible stocks and good barrels. They all have actions that can be build upon down the road and with the right Stock/chasis, Barrel, and load, can hang with anything out there. You will save a good ammount of money and still be able to shoot at a high enough level that your equipment will not be limiting you for some time.

4. See 1 A.

AS far as your equipment choices go, unless you have used them all before, I would hesitate to buy something beacuse the Marines or the military uses it. That means shit all as far as quality and what works goes. Granted the M40 is a good platform, there is also decades of instiutional knowlegde and that gun is not even close to a 700 you see on the wall.

If you MUST have a m40 for either nostalgia or to show of, then save yourself the time and headaches and just go here http://www.gaprecision.net/mil-spec-rifles/m40a5.html , throw a good set of rings and optic on it..........and go to town.

orkan
07-18-13, 09:26
I would ignore all the advice above, respectfully. Wow... you're that guy alright.

WickedWillis
07-18-13, 10:12
Yeah he said that, then did you read every solid and correct point he made after that justifying his opening statement? He hit on things that the shooter needs to figure out when buying a precision rifle. I see no issues with this statement whatsoever. Not saying everyone else that commented is wrong, or that they don't know anything, but he brought some fresh angles into the conversation.

Wow... you're that guy alright.

orkan
07-18-13, 11:29
... and if he'd have done that without being an ass in the first few words... no one would take issue, would they?

No, instead he had to be that guy.

BigJoe just doesn't know what he's talking about I suppose. It's like that Will Farrel movie where he says "with all due respect" before saying something completely disrespectful and expecting it to be OK. :rolleyes:

markm
07-18-13, 11:51
Ignore all these snobs an buy a SAVAGE and get a SIMMONS scope.

Ain't a damned thing that set up won't do for you. :mad:

Merle
07-18-13, 12:33
I'd just buy an SPS Tactical, put it in an inexpensive Bell and Carlson stock and be done with it. It will do everything you need it to do and you could use it for hunting. I just bought one of these as a birthday present for my brother so we can shoot together and I was quite impressed with the accuracy. Its a good rifle to begin with and when you shoot the barrel out you can go all out on a rebuild. By that time you will have more experience with long range shooting and will know more of what you want in a rifle. Here is a group I shot laying prone with a bipod and a sand bag under the butt and still using the awful X Mark Pro trigger:
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z198/merlebrooks/IMG_20130712_152102_zps5fc4753d.jpg

I got a Timney on the way this weekend. I think with a little more tuning with the load and with the Timney trigger there is still more accuracy to be found. Not bad for a stock rifle with an inexpensive stock.

mdmorrow
08-25-13, 12:00
Also, take a look at the Bushnell offerings for your scope. They've really stepped it up in recent years. I actually just sold a Vortex 6-24 Viper FFP in order to pick up one of these:

http://swfa.com/Bushnell-6-24x50-Elite-Tactical-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P51679.aspx

My Vortex was in MOA and I've since decided I want mils. That was the main reason for the switch. The Vortex also had an annoying tunnel effect at high magnification and it was much tougher to see through when there was some glare present. Otherwise, you can't go wrong. Vortex makes a fantastic product. I've got several things from them.

ForTehNguyen
08-25-13, 15:13
Also, take a look at the Bushnell offerings for your scope. They've really stepped it up in recent years. I actually just sold a Vortex 6-24 Viper FFP in order to pick up one of these:

http://swfa.com/Bushnell-6-24x50-Elite-Tactical-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P51679.aspx

My Vortex was in MOA and I've since decided I want mils. That was the main reason for the switch. The Vortex also had an annoying tunnel effect at high magnification and it was much tougher to see through when there was some glare present. Otherwise, you can't go wrong. Vortex makes a fantastic product. I've got several things from them.

I have this Bushnell scope on my 700 SPS also. I enjoy it a lot

jamesbern
09-06-14, 11:40
If you want a rifle you are going to shoot and not upgrade for a while, the FN SPR is a good bet. I've put together a few mid grade 700s and this time I decided to get a factory SPR A1a rifle that has what I want. McMillan stock, CL fluted barrel, 20MOA base, controlled round feed, and a 1 MOA factory guarantee sold me. After I upgrade the 700 with stock, base, and trigger i'm spending more than buying the SPR off the bat. Mount decent optics, bipod and a stock pack and just shoot. If and when I start really shooting (thousands of rounds a year) i'd pick up a GAP Crusader or something like that.

I will say my SPS 20" shot very well with FGMM 168gr so i'm really looking forward to seeing what the FN can do.

I've had two 6-24x50 FFP PSTs and I think the glass is much better than the 4-16 I looked through the other day. It felt much nicer to me. I think for the extra money it's worth it.

Pappabear
09-06-14, 17:07
Plenty of good advice. Without re- quoting everyone I will add:
Consider the rem 700 5R. It comes with a better stock that you can bed and use long term. And a SS threaded barrel that you can put a brake on and really enjoy learning to shoot long range.

Great gun for the money. Just add your Timney, bedding, brake, kartsten cheek riser. I've been very satisfied with mine. I have an FN with McMillian ....but I like how light and handy the Remmy is.

taliv
09-06-14, 21:22
guys, the OP was from june of last year.

RyanB
09-10-14, 14:14
Spend $4000 messing with a Remington or Buy an AT for $800 more. I know which is the better value.

docsherm
09-10-14, 15:35
Spend $4000 messing with a Remington or Buy an AT for $800 more. I know which is the better value.

The Rem.....it is $800 less.......

HD1911
09-10-14, 16:01
Or get a Brand New leftover closeout AI AE MKIII Non-Folder Plain Barrel for $3k

mark5pt56
09-10-14, 19:04
Or get a Brand New leftover closeout AI AE MKIII Non-Folder Plain Barrel for $3k

Probably the best post on the thread

RyanB
09-11-14, 16:44
The Rem.....it is $800 less.......

Until you go to sell it and you get 40% less than you paid. Or the bedding breaks down or the bolt handle falls off.

Saw a guy tell Tom Irwin once that he would bet his Surgeon against an AW that it would shoot better. Irwin accepted with the caveat that the first event be preceded by dropping the rifle 20 feet from his shooting tower.

docsherm
09-12-14, 12:12
Until you go to sell it and you get 40% less than you paid. Ask your brother how much he would loose if he were to sell his and let me know which would be the lesser loss........ :jester:Or the bedding breaks down or the bolt handle falls off.

Saw a guy tell Tom Irwin once that he would bet his Surgeon against an AW that it would shoot better. Irwin accepted with the caveat that the first event be preceded by dropping the rifle 20 feet from his shooting tower.

Not buying it....sorry. The optics on both would be trashed and no matter how great it is if it lands muzzle down it is done.

The main problem is why even think of using a bolt gun with the quality of Semis out there now? It just does not make any sence to me.

RyanB
09-12-14, 14:28
Seth should have sold his when I found out about the AT ahead of the curve and told him to sell. A custom Remington from anyone but the best known builder loses 40-50% of it's value when you take delivery. Unless it's a custom action.

And yeah in 308 I wonder why a bolt gun but not in bigger calibers.

Pi3
09-16-14, 12:11
What if you buy the good scope & get the sniper central package without scope, rings or base $1080? Then after shooting for a while, upgrade & sale. I have no experience with this package but have been toying with getting one. If anyone has experience with it please chime in.

http://www.snipercentral.com/scriflepackagedetails.phtml?packageid=2

RyanB
09-16-14, 17:52
It would be foolish to pass over an FN SPR to buy that rifle.

Pi3
09-16-14, 18:52
So, is the FN SPR in about the same price range? What about the Tikka T3 Tactical?

RyanB
09-16-14, 20:44
http://www.tacticalcoordination.com/308-tactical-sniper-rifles.html

They have sales a lot and the guns are like 11-1200. They run up to $1800. The T3 looks like a great gun if you'll use a KRG chassis but the price is a little high.