PDA

View Full Version : 45 degree mount offset to the barrel?

Koshinn
06-29-13, 03:42
Since the top picatinny rail on an AR has a standard height over bore, is there a 45 degree rail adapter that is not 45 degrees to the top rail, but to the bore itself?

Tzed250
06-29-13, 08:30
Actually, any rail that is 45* to bore is also 45* to the top rail. I believe what you are asking for is a rail that is offset 45* from horizontal with its top surface equidistant from the bore centerline as the top rail. In other words, you want a rail pivoted on the bore centerline, not at some point above the bore centerline. My DD MFR has mounting slots at 45* so if I choose the correct height rail it will end up in the location you are looking for. As far as a rail that clamps to the top rail, someone else will have to speak to that.

Koshinn
06-29-13, 14:38
Actually, any rail that is 45* to bore is also 45* to the top rail. I believe what you are asking for is a rail that is offset 45* from horizontal with its top surface equidistant from the bore centerline as the top rail. In other words, you want a rail pivoted on the bore centerline, not at some point above the bore centerline. My DD MFR has mounting slots at 45* so if I choose the correct height rail it will end up in the location you are looking for. As far as a rail that clamps to the top rail, someone else will have to speak to that.

You know what I meant :p

Yeah I considered a rail like the mfr or troy alpha too, but I was thinking about a solution for any AR with a top picatinny.

Headcase650
06-30-13, 12:46
http://www.opticsplanet.com/jp-enterprises-45-degree-offset-adaptor.html

The JP one is the only one I know of that keeps the rail perpendicular and the same height above the bore as the top rail. Kind of pricey though.

MarkG
06-30-13, 14:47
Not sue what the cant angle is but here is an option:

Daniel Defense (https://danieldefense.com/mounts/optics/1-o-clock-offset-rail.html)

Benito
06-30-13, 16:08
I have the JP Rail Offset shown above.
It is exactly what you are describing. Very nice.
The mounting interface is a bit weird, but once you tighten it down and locktite it, it's fantastic.

the_1iviper
06-30-13, 19:57
how about the gear sector x series mount ?

DTakas
06-30-13, 20:00
- - - - -