PDA

View Full Version : AR15 Armorer class with Ned Christiansen

Ned Christiansen
06-29-13, 10:56
Just a reminder about my Durango, CO class coming up, July 13 and 14 (Sat/Sun).

This is open enrollment. Contact my most interesting host at etgwynn@gmail.com
--------------------------------

AR15 Armorer class with Ned Christiansen

This class will demystify every aspect of the Stoner system as embodied in the AR15 / M16 series. Students will gain a thorough understanding of the fire control group, gas system, and bolt group through pictures, animations, high speed video, and cutaways. Each student will disassemble and reassemble his own rifle several times. Discussion will cover maintenance, preventative measures, and repair of certain areas more prone to failure. Several design aspects that many manufacturers continue to inadequately address, causing serious problems for the end user, will also be covered. Lube, accessories, and ammo selection will be touched upon.

No time will be spent on things like memorizing model numbers and nomenclature or disassembling rear sights—only the aspects critical to keeping the gun safe, reliable, durable, and in the fight are covered.

Students absolutely must have eye protection and should bring a flat-bladed screw driver and a small bottle of lube. Something to cover your table surface would be nice, so as not to abuse our hosts at the venue. Students will be provided a 3/16 Allen wrench, a hand punch disassembly tool of Ned’s design, and a copy of Patrick Sweeney’s book, Gunsmithing the AR15.

----------------------------------------
I will have all my proprietary tools there to use on students' guns, so nobody needs to buy them ;) . I'll also have a small selection of parts for those awkward moments when your extractor pin gets lost in the carpet or your selector detent winds up stuck in the ceiling tile.

I don't work for the Durango Tourist Council or anything but it's a cool, cool town.

The July 13 and 14 Durango, CO class is open enrollment. etgwynn@gmail.com