PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon Reflex vs Eotech vs Aimpoint T1

jerhelo
06-29-13, 11:30
I currently own a trijicon TA31F Acog and an EOTech XPS2 and like them both.

I have two other rifles I am thinking about RDS for and am debating on getting a Trijicon Reflex or an Aimpoint T1. Don't get me wrong I like my eotech but really like the T1 and the battery life. I also really like everything that I have from Trijicon and love the simplicity of the reflex sight.

What are you thoughts with either? What experiences have you had, good or bad? All opinions welcome...Thanks.

lethal dose
06-29-13, 11:58
Do a search here. All have ups and downs. I'd say the nod goes to aimpoint as far as having the fewest downs. Personally, the rx34 is my favorite rds. Washout, although rare, is an issue for some. For me, I've extensively practiced cowitnessing my irons through the rds to the point that I'm quite proficient. With that said, I still say aimpoint makes the best RDS for 99% of applications... not to say I'm that 1%, but that simply like the trijicon better.

PatrioticDisorder
06-29-13, 12:29
T-1 by a longshot, I wouldn't even consider the trijicon. Eotech's are nice but add too much bulk/weight with not enough battery life for what they do (1x optic).

I have a T-1 on my DD with fixed front and rear, it added no weight and the dot is there, I like the sight picture. I would have gotten an H-1 but I traded my EXPS3-0 for the T-1, no regrets.

jerhelo
06-29-13, 13:16
T-1 by a longshot, I wouldn't even consider the trijicon. Eotech's are nice but add too much bulk/weight with not enough battery life for what they do (1x optic).

I have a T-1 on my DD with fixed front and rear, it added no weight and the dot is there, I like the sight picture. I would have gotten an H-1 but I traded my EXPS3-0 for the T-1, no regrets.

Why can't I ever come accross a deal like that, I would trade my eotech for a T-1 in a heartbeat. Mine is brand new never even sighted or shot with yet. I bought it because they only had that that the time, it is nice but would rather of gone with the aimpoint...

Vash1023
06-29-13, 13:22

what about the SRS red dot?

ive heard nothing but great things about it ad it also has the whole "solar panel" thing going for it.

PatrioticDisorder
06-29-13, 13:23
Why can't I ever come accross a deal like that, I would trade my eotech for a T-1 in a heartbeat. Mine is brand new never even sighted or shot with yet. I bought it because they only had that that the time, it is nice but would rather of gone with the aimpoint...

Funny thing was I was going to buy a T-1 for my DD and I was selling the Eotech to fund an ACOG for my SCAR 17s (which I'm now more confused than ever what optic I want on it). I put the Eotech on EE here to sell but got offered that as a trade from another member, so it was hard to turn down, came with the LaRue 1/3 cowitness mount & I/O cover, both of which are very nice.

PatrioticDisorder
06-29-13, 13:25

ive heard nothing but great things about it ad it also has the whole "solar panel" thing going for it.

They weigh a ton and is very expensive for what it does. Some reports of issues with them as well, although I can't completely recall what the issue was.

jerhelo
Funny thing was I was going to buy a T-1 for my DD and I was selling the Eotech to fund an ACOG for my SCAR 17s (which I'm now more confused than ever what optic I want on it). I put the Eotech on EE here to sell but got offered that as a trade from another member, so it was hard to turn down, came with the LaRue 1/3 cowitness mount & I/O cover, both of which are very nice.

Very nice, lucky. I have an ACOG and love it but I would wait for the VCOG that is coming out this fall...

jerhelo
They weigh a ton and is very expensive for what it does. Some reports of issues with them as well, although I can't completely recall what the issue was.

yeah, way to expensive.....

Singlestack Wonder
06-29-13, 19:57

The Trijicon SRS was a fix without a problem and the hype about the SRS is dwindling quickly....

Redbeardsong
06-29-13, 23:19

This +100.

chungdae
07-02-13, 15:10
Each RDS has its pros and cons and every pro can be a con and vice versa.

T1 is small, light, and has amazing battery life.

Eotech is light, bigger reticle, and holographic.

Trijicon SRS: solar power, bigger reticle, and big.

Acog: no battery, bigger reticle, and magnified.

I had an Acog with RMR and LOVED it. Yes it was heavy and bulky but it had best of both worlds.

BUT in the end I ended up with aimpoint T1 and magnifier because of work. In the end you'll have to make a decision on what the rifles purpose will be.

ra2bach
07-03-13, 12:36
The Trijicon SRS was a fix without a problem and the hype about the SRS is dwindling quickly....

at $200-300 less, they would be a serious contender...

Slab
07-03-13, 13:23
I would give the nod to Aimpoint, having experience with all three. I still have a Trijicon Reflex II, with a triangle "reticle", and a couple of things to be aware of-1) If you are looking thru the sight from a dark room, to let's say the exterior of your home (brighter area), the triangle all but washes out. 2) If you are looking thru you sight, say in your home, and you activate a quality white light, the triangle all but washes out due to the "splash" on the white walls...Just not sure if we are talking the same "reflex"...

PatrioticDisorder
07-03-13, 14:26
at $200-300 less, they would be a serious contender...

The weight on a 1x Optic is unacceptable and it's been reported the dot has issues in daylight. I thought it was a neat concept at first as well "solar power" and all that. Then I held one and looked through it, Aimpoint micros are still king of the hill and for a larger optic, Aimpoint PRO beats the snot out of the SRS on value.

http://www.thebangswitch.com/trijicon-srs-high-end-failure/

Voodoo_Man
07-03-13, 15:09
While I have no experience with the SRS I have used the Eotech and Aimpoint H1 (which is the same as the T1 minus the NVG ability) extensively enough to know that the Aimpoint is winner.

Way too many pluses in the Aimpoint "pro" column than both of those others put together.

edit; my aimpoint h1 review (also a larue mount reivew): http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2012/12/aimpoint-h1-on-larue-751.html#axzz2Xpn7IoSW

ra2bach
07-04-13, 13:38
The weight on a 1x Optic is unacceptable and it's been reported the dot has issues in daylight. I thought it was a neat concept at first as well "solar power" and all that. Then I held one and looked through it, Aimpoint micros are still king of the hill and for a larger optic, Aimpoint PRO beats the snot out of the SRS on value.

http://www.thebangswitch.com/trijicon-srs-high-end-failure/

well that sucks...

jerhelo
07-04-13, 14:59
While I have no experience with the SRS I have used the Eotech and Aimpoint H1 (which is the same as the T1 minus the NVG ability) extensively enough to know that the Aimpoint is winner.

Way too many pluses in the Aimpoint "pro" column than both of those others put together.

edit; my aimpoint h1 review (also a larue mount reivew): http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2012/12/aimpoint-h1-on-larue-751.html#axzz2Xpn7IoSW

I ate crow this morning for breakfast, I have to take back everything i have ever said about T-1 being hype. I picked up a T-1 and a Larue rise mount, I have to say that I am impressed. I have to agree with a post someone else stated to me last week, that you basically only see a floating dot, I barely even see the black ring of the frame. Very happy, sighted in this morning and can't say enough good. I am actually selling my brand new EXPS2 to get another T-1, I definitely want a second one for another rifle... Thanks.

Voodoo_Man
07-04-13, 15:08
I ate crow this morning for breakfast, I have to take back everything i have ever said about T-1 being hype. I picked up a T-1 and a Larue rise mount, I have to say that I am impressed. I have to agree with a post someone else stated to me last week, that you basically only see a floating dot, I barely even see the black ring of the frame. Very happy, sighted in this morning and can't say enough good. I am actually selling my brand new EXPS2 to get another T-1, I definitely want a second one for another rifle... Thanks.

I can honestly say that the only reason not to have a T1/H1 is because you want variable magnification.

PatrioticDisorder
07-04-13, 15:17

Sell it and never look back. I like the reticle concept of the EOTech, if they can find a way to match battery life and lose some weight and bulk while keeping the same size window, they might be on to something. However, Aimpoint is the tried and true, you won't be disappointed. If you want to save some money, buy an H-1 or if you can find an R-1 for cheap buy that and throw an IO cover on it, paint whatever isn't covered.