PDA

View Full Version : Free Float Minimum

Smitty79
06-29-13, 22:41
This forum universally encourages people to buy a Colt LE6920. I want mid length, free float, flat top of the same quality. What is the right gun?

Other question, is there really a difference between a $120 stripped lower and a $250 one?

AKDoug
06-29-13, 22:53
For middies I would be looking at a BCM or Daniel Defense.

For lowers, my $125 Aero Precision lowers have treated me every bit as well as my Daniel Defense and BCM lowers.

justin_247
06-29-13, 22:59
This forum universally encourages people to buy a Colt LE6920. I want mid length, free float, flat top of the same quality. What is the right gun?

BCM, DD, LMT, Noveske, Centurion, KAC.

Other question, is there really a difference between a $120 stripped lower and a $250 one?

Mostly cosmetic. Buy a quality one (BCM, LMT, Noveske, S&W, Mega, Aero, CMT, etc.) from a quality distributor (Rainier Arms, G&R Tactical, etc.), and you'll be good to go either way.

bruin
06-29-13, 23:01
This forum universally encourages people to buy a Colt LE6920. I want mid length, free float, flat top of the same quality. What is the right gun?You can't go wrong with a Colt, though it's hardly the universally recommended factory AR here. Get a BCM if you want a midlength.

As far as lowers go, you could do a lot worse than a LMT or G&R-built complete lower. This way you get an excellent quality LPK and receiver extension, installed right. You could easily swap the stock, FCG, and grip later.