PDA

View Full Version : Axts lower with sd3g trigger....... Trigger pin can be pushed out

kenndapp
06-30-13, 21:27
I just installed the sd3g trigger in my new axts lower. I used the axts hammer pin after extensive research on the matter. My problem is that my trigger pin can be pushed out ( with a punch using moderate pressure). Everything is installed correctly and as far as I can see the hammer spring is seated in the groove of the trigger pin, retaining it. Maybe it is not as firmly held in because I an using the lighter trigger spring( black) as opposed to the stronger one ( gold) that came with the sd3g trigger? Has anyone else come across this combo? How easy is it to push your trigger pin out with a punch? Again, the thing isn't falling out all over the place or anything. I just think my other lowers require more pressure to get the trigger pin to move at all.

AKDoug
06-30-13, 22:16
Sounds fairly normal to me. I can push the pins out of my SSA trigger with a Glock punch and very little pressure.

3 AE
07-01-13, 00:11
I would run some rounds through your rifle and then determine if there is a problem with the pin. It could just well be a non issue.

kenndapp
07-01-13, 07:43
I know I know, I havnt even ran this one yet and already questioning small details. I'm sure you guys are right and it will be a non issue. However, Would it be worth tweaking the leg of the hammer spring a bit to try to get a more solid interface with the trigger pIn groove?

Kokopelli
07-01-13, 07:55
IMO.. No, it won't... Ron

MarkG
07-01-13, 10:50
Why are you using the AXTS pins? I have to believe the Geissele pins would be the better choice.

kenndapp
07-01-13, 11:14
Why are you using the AXTS pins? I have to believe the Geissele pins would be the better choice.
It's just the hammer pin. Most folks are using the Axts hammer pin that I have seen or read. Both pins are quality parts. I wouldn't have a problem using iether. But since the axts pin fits the cut out in the reciever ..... That's what I am using.

MarkG
07-01-13, 12:31
It's just the hammer pin. Most folks are using the Axts hammer pin that I have seen or read. Both pins are quality parts. I wouldn't have a problem using iether. But since the axts pin fits the cut out in the reciever ..... That's what I am using.

The groove dimensions on the AXTS pin are more than likely different from the Geissele. The groove on the pin is probably the only factor that affects the force required to remove the pin. I'd suggest trying the Geissele part and see if the pin tension is falls into your acceptable range.

Edward_Tz
07-01-13, 17:40
I have a SDC in mine. No issue here.
http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2822/9188020964_32446cc089_o.jpg

MarkG
07-01-13, 17:57
I'm tracking...

The hammer pin is proprietary. In the event you lost or the AXTS pin was ddamaged, would the Geissele pin fit?

Edward_Tz
07-01-13, 18:02
I'm tracking...

The hammer pin is proprietary. In the event you lost or the AXTS pin was ddamaged, would the Geissele pin fit?
A normal pin will fit. The AXTS hammer pin just has built in anti rotation.

Dano5326
07-01-13, 21:09
Does that bolt release work with easy trigger finger pressure?

Edward_Tz
07-01-13, 21:22
Does that bolt release work with easy trigger finger pressure?

If you try to ease it by hitting it slow then it's very hard. After doing it a few times you get the hang of how much pressure is needed.

Razorhunter
07-01-13, 22:26
How does this "proprietary hammer pin" have built in anti rotation? Any pics?

Edward_Tz
07-01-13, 22:40
How does this "proprietary hammer pin" have built in anti rotation? Any pics?

It has an oval tab at one end. You can see it in the pic I posted above.