PDA

View Full Version : Longest runtime weapon light?

a1fabweld
07-01-13, 16:42
I'm looking for some lights for mine & the wife's AR's. I'd like something with more than the typical 2 hour run time & uses AA batteries. I searched a bit but haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. Any thoughts?

Shao
07-01-13, 17:18
How about LED mini-maglights? Really though, you should give up on the AA idea and get a non-momentary Inforce WML. It has a low mode that's supposed to last for 10 hours off of one CR123.

ra2bach
07-01-13, 17:18
ideally you search and do administrative tasks with a handheld light, never a weapon light. this takes away a lot of the battery life concern of your weapon light but I can understand your wanting more.

in the future it may be that a AA light will provide comparable light as a 123 batt powered unit but at this time, I don't know of any. but even if you could find one, it would have even less runtime than you have now.

I prefer a handheld with two lumen levels as I can search with the high power and read, look in the trunk, or change a tire by the low level. my current favorite is the Streamlight Protac HL - 600 lumens, strobe, and 45 lumens. well built and it's cheaper than a new weapon light...

Outlander Systems
07-04-13, 15:01
I'm looking for some lights for mine & the wife's AR's. I'd like something with more than the typical 2 hour run time & uses AA batteries. I searched a bit but haven't been able to find what I'm looking for. Any thoughts?

I wouldn't sweat weaponlight runtime. Carry a standard handheld, and soldier on.

The ONLY purpose for a weaponlight is for assessing threats. NOT for admin tasks.

Benito
07-04-13, 19:15
I wouldn't sweat weaponlight runtime. Carry a standard handheld, and soldier on.

The ONLY purpose for a weaponlight is for assessing threats. NOT for admin tasks.

Absolutely. Although the thought of using a weapon mounted light, while alarming and horrifying from a safety point-of-view, is quite funny.

a1fabweld
07-04-13, 19:26
Thanks for the input fellas.