PDA

View Full Version : Noveske Chainsaw Discount

Quiet Riot
07-01-13, 21:34
Noveske products aren't for everyone, but they have earned their following with a reputation for quality and performance. They also have prices to match, which puts Noveske out of consideration for a lot of AR enthusiasts.

Well, I saved $270 going with the "chainsaw" version of Noveske's Light Recce 16" 300 BLK upper, and it took me a while to figure out why. I've read other reports from "chainsaw" purchasers who, like me, really couldn't tell for sure what the problem was. I thought I'd show what they're talking about and why I think it is really a no-brainer to buy "chainsaw" anytime you can when buying Noveske products.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_caADl5wWE

sammage
07-01-13, 21:51
My Noveske Chainsaw lowers were bought just for the cool logo; the discount was just icing on the cake. :)

For the life of me, I can't find any cosmetic issues with them...maybe I need to see if the anodizing matches my Light Recce upper?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/sammage/Chainsaw.jpg

jerrysimons
07-02-13, 00:25
My Noveske Chainsaw lowers were bought just for the cool logo; the discount was just icing on the cake. :)

For the life of me, I can't find any cosmetic issues with them...maybe I need to see if the anodizing matches my Light Recce upper?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v318/sammage/Chainsaw.jpg

The anodizing on Noveske lowers never matches the MUR uppers, even on non-chainsaw rifles. The lowers are always lighter black than the the MUR uppers. It drives me crazy since it is a premium priced product but not a deal breaker.

I have a Gen II chainsaw lower that has a slight wrinkle in the anodizing about the size of dime. Another standard lower is missing a pin heads worth of anodizing in a letter on the roll mark. Good buys! And the Chainsaw logo is definitely cool in itself!

Endur
07-02-13, 01:51
I just bought a Gen II chainsaw lower from Grant just a couple of days ago and I could only find a small blemish on the left side. Other than that it is flawless. I could care less because I plan on giving it a beating over it's life, that and I plan to get it cerakoted. All my next builds I plan to use Gen II's unless they come out with an even better lower.

The anodizing on Noveske lowers never matches the upper, even on non-chainsaw rifles. The lowers are always lighter black than the the uppers. It drives me crazy since it is a premium priced product but not a deal breaker.

I have a Gen II chainsaw lower that has a slight wrinkle in the anodizing about the size of dime. Another standard lower is missing a pin heads worth of anodizing in a letter on the roll mark. Good buys! And the Chainsaw logo is definitely cool in itself!

Yeah but what upper came with your rifle? The MUR upper or a standard? If it is a MUR that explains why because those are made by VLTOR.

jerrysimons
07-02-13, 02:42
Yeah but what upper came with your rifle? The MUR upper or a standard? If it is a MUR that explains why because those are made by VLTOR.

Good point, I am talking about the Noveske/Vltor MUR uppers.

Traveshamockery
07-02-13, 06:08
My chainsaw lower has some cosmetic blemishes in the anodizing that are noticeable on close inspection.

NightRider24
07-02-13, 09:51
I would love to be able to find a chainsaw upper and lower set. Maybe when things calm down a little more.:cray:

nick84
07-02-13, 10:25
I bought a Gen II chainsaw lower and a stripped upper to match for a build I've tinkering on. The lower has one noticeable blemish in the finish on the left side of the mag well.....barely noticeable about the size of half a penny. I still have yet to find anything on the upper. It's enough to convince me that the Noveske QC standards are everything they are made out to be.

TehLlama
07-02-13, 12:05
Two of my three chainsaw lowers have some minor pitting and some surface dings on the left side of the magwell towards the bottom. The third, I have no idea what was 'wrong' with that one, it's ran fine for enough rounds I'm SBR'ing that one.

Dcr5595
07-02-13, 12:44
My first Noveske was a Gen 1 standard lower that I was able to find at my LGS before the madness happened. I was able to pick up a Gen 1 Chainsaw from Ranier a couple of months later and I am hard pressed to tell the difference between the two. I recently ordered a Gen 2 chainsaw from Grant and I expect it will look and perform as well as my other two. I have no qualms purchasing a Chainsaw grade product from them as these are not going to be enjoyed and not left to stay in the safe.

chadil1ac
07-03-13, 00:18
Good point, I am talking about the Noveske/Vltor MUR uppers.

I'm pretty darn sure those are still made by Vltor.

Koshinn
07-03-13, 00:32
The anodizing on Noveske lowers never matches the upper, even on non-chainsaw rifles. The lowers are always lighter black than the the uppers. It drives me crazy since it is a premium priced product but not a deal breaker.

Not on gen1 lowers.

JohnsMyName
07-03-13, 10:58
I'm pretty darn sure those are still made by Vltor.

They are made by Vltor, but there are no cut outs on the sides at the barrel end and they are pre drilled for the NSR rail notch (little block that keeps the rail from twisting if torqued).

JohnsMyName
07-03-13, 11:00
Chainsaw's are a great deal. Noveske won't let anything go out that doesn't meet functional spec, so you are only looking at cosmetic blems and most people have a hard time even finding them!

JohnsMyName
07-03-13, 11:02
I would love to be able to find a chainsaw upper and lower set. Maybe when things calm down a little more.:cray:

You will be very hard pressed to find an upper alone. Sets are not available right now :fie:

ResIpsa
07-03-13, 15:35
I picked up a chainsaw VIS upper shortly before the madness. The discount is only 5%, but Joel picked out the best upper for cosmetic issues, and I had it in-hand in under 2 weeks (probably a bigger value than the cost discount).

03scgt
07-03-13, 19:21
I've been looking for a basic n4 upper for about a month.I was even willing to pay a premium and nobody has had one instock for awhile lol

Hopefully this panic buying/hoarding is starting to subside