PDA

View Full Version : Wiley X gear

threebanger
04-10-08, 09:22
Just wanted to let you guys know my impressions of some Wiley gear I'm getting to T&E for my unit.

1st- NERVE goggles http://www.wileyx.com/images/items/popup/large_def_R-8051.jpg

fit & finish seem quite nice over all. they come with two lenses, nice(ish) case, sleeve, & cleaning cloth. In the comfort department they score a plus due to the fact that they have a hinged joint on either end to allow them to sit flush when wearing a helmet (TBH in my case) with the exception of the typical raccoon eyes you get from wearing. Vision and clarity is quite nice being that there is no bridge over the nose & there seems to enough vents to prevent most fogging. Now for the down side, lens changes are PITA compared to some others out there (IE Gentex BOAs). The lens is held in place by the rubber frame & you have to bend & pry your way around it to remove/replace the lens (makes you want to by two pairs for day/night use just so you don't have to F w/it). Bottom line are they worth it? Yes & no. For an MSRP of $90 I probably wouldn't pay out of pocket but if you can get your agency to fit the bill they are comfy.

2nd- TAG-1 gloves

not to much i can say about these that you guys can't see from pics on the web. Wiley took some MX gloves & made them in nomex. Stitching & general build excels from any standard flight glove (but @ $130 a pop MSRP it better). The hard knuckle is a plus for bumps/scrapes. Sizing I think is a hair on the small side (my hand is a 9.5 & the large fit me perfect). Are they worth it - maybe but time will tell how well they wear.

Abraxas
04-10-08, 09:55
Thanks for the eval

warpigM-4
04-10-08, 12:39
good read thanks I am a fan of wiley X:cool: