PDA

View Full Version : Concealed Carry In Drawstring Gym Shorts?

Big A
07-02-13, 12:28
Hello Gents...:)

Tell me your methods for CC in drawstring gym shorts please.

My options for weapons are a Glock 26 and two S&W J-Frames. I want to carry AIWB. I'm not too keen on the clipdraw because of the exposed trigger but haven't ruled it out completely. I just wanna get out of the gym more and start riding a bike and such. I'm leaning mostly towards carrying the G26 because of the capacity cap and ease of reloading as opposed to the J-Frames.

Thanks in advance to all whom reply...:cool:

Ironman8
07-02-13, 12:39
A fixed blade knife carried at 11:30 in a sheath with a clip.

I don't wear gym shorts out in a public setting unless I'm going to/from the gym.

It's almost impossible to carry anything bigger than a pocket gun on body, especially since gym shorts usually mean I'm also wearing a "form-fitting" T-Shirt. Off body carry is only a partial solution.

Swag
07-02-13, 12:50
Highly unconventional thought processing. Drawstring gym shorts won't support the weight...try thinking about your undergarments maybe?

TacCommE21
07-02-13, 13:01
With gym shorts, I carry my LCR in what amounts to a pocket holster with a clip. A G26 is going to be considerably more difficult because of weight. Try to find some of the basketball shorts that have the very wide elastic band at the top. These generally have a wider drawstring too. Help keep things in place. I've seen them at the outlets at Under Armour and Nike, but you should be able to find them at similar places.

If it doesn't have to be AIWB, maybe a belly band or holster undershirt?

Good luck and let us know what you've come up with.

jck397
07-02-13, 13:04
G26 in a Raven IWB and a Wilderness belt around the waist and cinched tight. Even w/o belt loops everything stays in place. I do this for my commute when I run after work, while riding my bike, and if I need to stop to and from the gym. When I run with a gun it's a G19 in a Galco fanny pack cinched tight and worn high on the stomach so I don't rack myself every step.

Michael2007
07-02-13, 13:07
I toss my S&W 442 in the
Right front pocket while walking the dogs in gym shorts. I pull the string tight and haven't had any problems.

T2C
07-02-13, 13:14
If I were riding a bike, I would want a concealed holster under my shirt. The same goes for jogging.

I don't care for the belly band holsters, so I would look for a holster sewn inside a shirt.

WickedWillis
07-02-13, 13:24
This is basically what I was going to say, Belly band would be the way to go with the weight of a loaded G26, It'd be extremely difficult to carry it in any shorts without a belt.

With gym shorts, I carry my LCR in what amounts to a pocket holster with a clip. A G26 is going to be considerably more difficult because of weight. Try to find some of the basketball shorts that have the very wide elastic band at the top. These generally have a wider drawstring too. Help keep things in place. I've seen them at the outlets at Under Armour and Nike, but you should be able to find them at similar places.

If it doesn't have to be AIWB, maybe a belly band or holster undershirt?

Good luck and let us know what you've come up with.

ShipWreck
07-02-13, 14:16
I did a mini review of Smartcarry here: http://texasgunforum.com/index.php?topic=9693.0

I wear draw string type shorts and carry every day now that it is summer. I carry my M&P Shield. Works great.

wahoo95
07-02-13, 14:56
I use a LCP with belt clip and never had an issue.

ST911
07-02-13, 15:13
Methods for carry in hospital scrubs carry over into gym shorts. In addition to content in this thread, check out those others. (Terms: conceal carry scrub hospital nursing OR). Sum: Fanny packs, underwear holsters, shirt holsters (5.11, Kramer)

Clipdraw is not a consideration.

gunnut284
07-02-13, 15:52
I use a pistolwear.com PT-2 when running and have been relatively happy with it. Draw isn't going to be super fast but it hold my G26 securely. A belly band would also be an option or Smartcarry. I haven't used either of those but would like to try them.

Karys
07-02-13, 17:39
G26 in a Raven IWB and a Wilderness belt around the waist and cinched tight. Even w/o belt loops everything stays in place...

This is exactly what I do except I use a Ted Blocker belt that I wear every day. I've been carrying my G29 in a Mitch Rosen CLP and a spare mag in a Rosen Ace on the other side.

I think this method will only work with a good IWB that has a strong metal belt clip.

Father of 3
07-02-13, 18:27
I carry my G19 in a Blackhawk leather tuckable holster. Just sinch up your drawstring and you should be GTG. I carry mine that way after I leave the gym if I have to run errands or if I step out of the house to run to the store. No problems here.

I vote the G26.

Big A
07-02-13, 19:56
G26 in a Raven IWB and a Wilderness belt around the waist and cinched tight. Even w/o belt loops everything stays in place. I do this for my commute when I run after work, while riding my bike, and if I need to stop to and from the gym. When I run with a gun it's a G19 in a Galco fanny pack cinched tight and worn high on the stomach so I don't rack myself every step.

I like this idea...

Please keep the options coming gents...:cool:

Ironman8
07-02-13, 19:57
OP,

My apologies, I must have jumped right over the part about carrying while biking outside. In that case, look no further than the Hill People Gear Kit Bag: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=77315

Hope that helps.

jtc556
07-02-13, 20:38
I have gone through two inexpensive belly bands over the last 5 years. They have been used exclusively for running and would strongly recommend something of that nature. The draw string alone will not cut it if you will be doing any exercise. I am currently waiting on my new Crossbreed belly band to arrive and it looks like it will be more comfortable. The belly band does take some getting used to and will work better with "certain body types."

RagweedZulu
07-03-13, 06:51
I'm able to run a G27, Ruger LC9 and my new XDs in a cheap $20 Galco Tuk-N-Go. Worn IWB its great for biking cuz your thigh keeps pushing it up into place but doesn't jar it loose.

I run at night and this setup works great also. Only downside is that I'm losing the ability to carry a spare magazine while running.

Other than gym, the only time I wear Basketball shorts is to Walmart. I wear socks with flip flops, a torn and stinky Black Sabbath T-shirt and I don't shave. All so I'll blend in. :sarcastic:

aguila327
07-03-13, 08:26
I've resigned myself to using a 5-11 fanny pack for my S&W Mod.36, cell phone, knife and a speed strip for reload.

Never lij ed the belly band. Belly to big.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jlw
07-03-13, 08:38
Try using a belly band.

rackham1
07-03-13, 09:00
I second the Hill People Gear kit bag. Runner, Snubby, or Recon flavors.

ShipWreck
07-03-13, 09:05
I am tellin ya... Smart carry at the 3 or 4 o'clock position... Perfect the last two years :D

PatrioticDisorder
07-03-13, 12:15
My carry gun is a Shield and I use an Uncle Mike's holster. I've used expensive hoslters in the past and I conceal with the Uncle' Mike's holster just fine. Easy to take off and on, and I use with with gym shorts as well. I carry 3:30 if I'm going somewhere I'll be seated, an 1 O'Clock appendix carry if I'm just running in a store or something.

I can conceal appendix carry with just gym shorts and a wife beater, no issues.

PatrioticDisorder
07-03-13, 12:18
Methods for carry in hospital scrubs carry over into gym shorts.

The uncle Mike's works for me with scrubs as well, but smart carry does work better.

POI
09-19-13, 10:18
I know I am late this party but I wanted to add something that wasn't mentioned.

I wear drawstring gym shorts almost exclusively (it helps me retaliate against wearing a uniform all day). The best concealed carry method I've encountered has been the Undertech Undercover compression shorts.

I carry a G27 (same frame size as the OP) nearly every day. I can get away with walking around the house in gym shorts and a diego-t without people noticing it.

I will admit I have never tried jogging with it and I don't know if I would feel comfortable wearing anything that did not have a button strap to secure the weapon in place.

I hope this helps.

P.S. Play with the "depth" you want your weapon to sit at. I will wear it with just the grip exposed if I'm not to worried about it being seen all the way to full/deep concealed which means under the waistband. due to the flexibility and stretch of the band it is not too difficult to draw from that depth. Good luck and stay safe!

MegademiC
09-20-13, 12:58
My friend wears nothing but gym shorts outside of work, and I'm having him try one of the following AIWB with his shield. Ill let yall know how it works for him.

http://www.rdrholsters.com/store/display/2200/81/rapid-deployment-holster-smith-wesson

myron
09-24-13, 10:35
Hello Gents...:)

Tell me your methods for CC in drawstring gym shorts please.

My options for weapons are a Glock 26 and two S&W J-Frames. I want to carry AIWB. I'm not too keen on the clipdraw because of the exposed trigger but haven't ruled it out completely. I just wanna get out of the gym more and start riding a bike and such. I'm leaning mostly towards carrying the G26 because of the capacity cap and ease of reloading as opposed to the J-Frames.

Thanks in advance to all whom reply...:cool:

I have a Second Generation Deep Conceal Carry holster that is a very good choice. It does not costs much and it is very comfortable. I ride a motorcycle and I hardly know it is there. I carry a P22Q with a CT laser. Try one.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
09-24-13, 11:08
I appendix with my normal belt and holster with my G19. :ph34r:

thegreenman76
09-24-13, 11:14
I use a Dale Fricke zac with my Glock 26. Make sure draw string is strong enough, use a double knot. Tighten the hell out of draw string. Done.

TCB
09-24-13, 22:39
I carry my full size duty pistol (P2000) in a belly band from Glaco all the time in drawstring gym shorts....works fine for me.

LowSpeed_HighDrag
09-24-13, 23:21
Hill People Gear Kit/Runners bag!!!!

http://www.hillpeoplegear.com/Products/InDetail/KitBags/tabid/922/Default.aspx

I LOVE mine.

Chuc
09-25-13, 15:18
I run in these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tg2DSbdztQo&feature=c4-overview&list=UUNn90bficsQbycHvrMBFdfw

Decado
09-26-13, 11:08
This summer I used a Desantis belly band and my M&P Shield for 95% of my off duty carry. Worked very well.

6Actual
09-26-13, 13:33
I live in S Florida and its board shorts and T shirt every day :D
I EDC a S&W 4013(about the same size as a G19) in a remora holster works fine.

PS a fannypack is a bad idea here for a couple of reasons :)