PDA

View Full Version : Tattoos

C-grunt
07-02-13, 18:59
Anyone want to share some cool tats?

Just got this done today.

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm229/killerchase2000/DD6509AA-0E69-44AA-9079-78D249955120-2534-000002D422AD92C1_zps71d6b1bf.jpg

http://i297.photobucket.com/albums/mm229/killerchase2000/444813B6-6416-4F28-B5D2-1A430394927F-2534-000002D41A4A111D_zps9707da86.jpg

theblackknight
07-02-13, 20:05
I have and like, however, the whole internet doesn't need to see them.

Also, only degenerates have them

sent from mah gun,using my sights

markm
07-03-13, 10:54

True!

I couldn't sit still long enough to get a tattoo. Just not happening.

brickboy240
07-03-13, 11:09
Wow...and I thought I was the only one left that does not have a tattoo.

These days, being a "rebel" means not getting ink...everybody and his dog has ink and it is not as rebellious or daring as it once was.

Sort of like Harleys. Used to be the symbol of rebellion and badass but now every geeky lawyer has one and all the HD marked accessories to go with it.

-brickboy240

markm
07-03-13, 11:12

Nope. You, Pappabear, and I... no tatts.

These days, being a "rebel" means not getting ink...

That's the way I see it. I don't frown on anyone for getting a tattoo... I just can't sit still for one even if I wanted to. :p

jmoore
07-03-13, 11:14

These days, being a "rebel" means not getting ink...everybody and his dog has ink and it is not as rebellious or daring as it once was.

Sort of like Harleys. Used to be the symbol of rebellion and badass but now every geeky lawyer has one and all the HD marked accessories to go with it.

-brickboy240

Me neither. At least, in part, generational?

I come from an era when the only time you got a pierceing was when you slipped putting the worm on a hook. No tats. We wore our hats with the brims forward, and safe sex meant that either her parents were out of town, or that you were doing it in a bed with a padded headboard:)

john

Vash1023
07-03-13, 11:14
looks great man

sadmin
07-03-13, 11:15
no tats here...i did have my frenum pierced though and I have lots of scars from self tatting in high school... yes, im a recovering d-bag.
oh and yours looks good C. My wife on the other hand wants to cover her damn body in them...whats with that cultural shift?
good thing she doesnt work, no money, no tatty.

brickboy240
07-03-13, 11:19
Women with tattoos is just nasty. I am not talking about a little butterfly on the ankle....the huge obnoxious ones on shoulders, chest or all over.....how skanky! Yuck!

(the Amy Winehouse look)

Sorry...just not my thing.

-brickboy240

Spiffums
07-03-13, 11:26
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa272/Spiffums/images1.jpg

Kyohte
07-03-13, 11:29
I feel you about the sitting. I had to do a 12 hour session with only a few breaks for one of mine.

markm
07-03-13, 11:31
Women with tattoos is just nasty. I am not talking about a little butterfly on the ankle....the huge obnoxious ones on shoulders, chest or all over.....how skanky! Yuck!

(the Amy Winehouse look)

Sorry...just not my thing.

-brickboy240

I like a full blown tatted sex kitten way more than that ankle stuff. :)

Ryno12
07-03-13, 11:35

Yeah, I'm part of that club too.

Sent via Tapatalk

markm
07-03-13, 11:46
Yeah, I'm part of that club too.

Shit. Now I have to get a Tattoo. :p

ALCOAR
07-03-13, 11:48
I have a badass butterfly on the small of my back just above my butt........first person who calls it a tramp stamp is getting a beat down :D

WillBrink
07-03-13, 12:02

That's the way I see it. I don't frown on anyone for getting a tattoo... I just can't sit still for one even if I wanted to. :p

No tats here. Once in a while i consider it, but I always conclude it's not for me. :cool:

newyork
07-03-13, 12:12
No tats or piercings here but I consider a tat constantly. It would have to mean a lot to me. On girls, I like them unless its on their stomach, legs, tits.

RWK
07-03-13, 12:16
I have a badass butterfly on the small of my back just above my butt........first person who calls it a tramp stamp is getting a beat down :D

Hey, as long as your husband likes it... :sarcastic:

RWK
07-03-13, 12:18

Got it picked out for you...

http://www.tombstonetactical.com/images/lwrc/logo.jpg

Eurodriver
07-03-13, 12:19
A drunk PFC Eurodriver was roaming around Jacksonville, NC many years ago and decided to get an interesting design of male anatomy...luckily its covered up in normal clothes.

My buddy went to the same tattoo place a few days later and go TuefelHunden written on his back.

...tuefel....

sl4mdaddy
07-03-13, 12:24
Got it picked out for you...

http://www.tombstonetactical.com/images/lwrc/logo.jpg

Naa, He needs a Savage tattoo.

markm
07-03-13, 12:31

The Savage Indian would be tight! :p

skullworks
07-03-13, 12:42

Watch Californication much? ;)

Tapatapatapatalk

SteyrAUG
07-03-13, 13:20

No ink here.

markm
07-03-13, 13:24
No ink here.

That's just the IOWA in you. :p

Ryno12
07-03-13, 13:38

Get some of those teardrop tats. All the cool kids are gettin em.

Ink isn't the same as pigment. :D

Sent via Tapatalk

SteyrAUG
07-03-13, 13:56

I'm already "different" enough. I don't need external indicators to drive it home. Besides tats are worse than fingerprints.

RogerinTPA
07-03-13, 14:44
No tats here. Once in a while i consider it, but I always conclude it's not for me. :cool:

Agreed, I always play with getting one, but so far, no tats.

For the rest of the forum members, for Christ's sakes, Do Not start a piercing pic thread...:bad:

Ryno12
07-03-13, 14:47
For the rest of the forum members, for Christ's sakes, Do Not start a piercing pic thread...:bad:

I second that motion.

But you know, now that you said that, someone will. ;)

Sent via Tapatalk

gun71530
07-03-13, 14:50
I have and like, however, the whole internet doesn't need to see them.

Agreed, I have quite a few, but I'm not taking pics of them for the internet's sake.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

RWK
07-03-13, 14:56

Hah! You one-upped me!

The Savage Indian would be tight! :p

You have two arms. Get both!

Moose-Knuckle
07-03-13, 15:02

Oh, c'mon man . . . what's a matter you don't want to see my Prince Albert?

:jester:

Pork Chop
07-03-13, 15:13

I actually know a dude who did that.

A couple of us were bitching about our vasectomies and a buddy of ours who was listening goes "you pussies think that hurts? You should try this......"

He was right. I am a pussy, cuz nothing on earth could convince me to do that shit. NOTHING.

And for the record, I'm tatless with you other goodie two shoes.

markm
07-03-13, 15:24
Using context clues, I think I figgered out what a prince albert is.... and this thread just got weird. :(

sadmin
07-03-13, 15:24
I actually know a dude who did that.

A couple of us were bitching about our vasectomies and a buddy of ours who was listening goes "you pussies think that hurts? You should try this......"

He was right. I am a pussy, cuz nothing on earth could convince me to do that shit. NOTHING.

And for the record, I'm tatless with you other goodie two shoes.

It does hurt, and mine wasnt through my pee hole. It felt like someone hit my dork with a hammer, then set a small fire on it as opposed to a cutting feeling. I had a buddy who has sleeves our senior year, which was pretty uncommon in 97 and big holes in his ears. He basically dared me and said I wouldnt do it. No lie, he passed out in the chair and they had to give him ice water... just fyi if your considering.

Pork Chop
07-03-13, 15:26
Using context clues, I think I figgered out what a prince albert is.... and this thread just got weird. :(

I didn't know either until that day. And I could've gone my whole life without ever knowing, too.

What has been seen cannot be unseen. :(

Iraqgunz
07-03-13, 16:52
Found this pic of my Tibetan god of war shortly after the 3rd session and touch up.

My next tattoo is a portrait of Obama, Pelosi, Feinstein and Biden.

Army Chief
07-03-13, 17:15
Un-illustrated. Don't trust myself enough to design or select something that I wouldn't mind wearing for the rest of my life, and don't trust anyone else's artistic skills to render it to my standards, even I did. Plus, without passing judgment on anyone else, it still strikes me as a slightly low class thing to do for most folks. I'm closing on 50, and have seen a lot of really, really crappy ink.

On the other hand, I did have to get a single small dot tattooed at the top of my sternum last fall for correct centering and alignment in the radiation machine. Wasn't exactly given a choice in the matter, mind you, but it does make me fairly unique. Isn't that the whole point? ;)

AC

Moose-Knuckle
07-03-13, 17:36

And just how do you plan on fitting them all on your arse? :sarcastic:

RogerinTPA
07-03-13, 18:13

Nothing of anybody's nether regions...jezz, I think I just threw up a little.

I sense a 'Medusa' thing going on here...

Airhasz
07-03-13, 18:15
I was talking to a skin doctor during a procedure and they also remove tattoos among their services. He enlightened me that MRI testing cannot be preformed on patents with certain kinds of inks used in their tattoos. After hearing this I am glad Im not an Inky. Would hate to have jeopardized a test as important as an MRI for body decor... I've had several MRI tests already for total hip replacement surgery in my forties...ouch

mikelowrey
07-03-13, 18:27
I was talking to a skin doctor during a procedure and they also remove tattoos among their services. He enlightened me that MRI testing cannot be preformed on patents with certain kinds of inks used in their tattoos. After hearing this I am glad Im not an Inky. Would hate to have jeopardized a test as important as an MRI for body decor... I've had several MRI tests already for total hip replacement surgery in my forties...ouch

Good to know this as I was thinking of doing some ink for the first time to cover my "battle scars" but now I am just going to relax since I have a MRI next week .

jmoore
07-03-13, 18:33

And - many hospitals will not inject through a tat!!!
So - all these young lovelies will regret their tramp stamps when they're begging for an epidural during labor & delivery:)

Inkslinger
07-03-13, 18:33
Unless your tattoos are older than 20 years old, I wouldn't be to worried.

halo2304
07-03-13, 18:49
I consider it sometimes but the whole "permanent" thing scares me a little. About the only place I could stand getting one is on the outside of my forearms, however, since I hate wearing anything with sleeves, they're out. When I first read about the UV ink tattoos, I thought that might be the answer but last I read, it's been found to be unsafe or something.

Don Robison
07-03-13, 18:58
A bunch of them all over. Got my first one in 87 and the last one in 98. Been thinking about getting some more work done.

theblackknight
07-03-13, 19:52
If I could and still do certain things, I would have full sleeves at the least. A lot of the vice dudes around here have more then sleeves. After a certain point you wear class As everyday anyways. Maybe later

FlyingHunter
07-03-13, 20:05
I consider it sometimes but the whole "permanent" thing scares me a little. About the only place I could stand getting one is on the outside of my forearms, however, since I hate wearing anything with sleeves, they're out. When I first read about the UV ink tattoos, I thought that might be the answer but last I read, it's been found to be unsafe or something.

Comedian Ron White:

"Tattoo's I can understand, but marriage, that's too permanent"

TAZ
07-03-13, 20:12
I'm still fall into the whole no distinguishing marks family. I have thought about it, but the whole permanent thing is a bit scary. I've considered a simple US flag on the deltoid, but haven't had the urge or alcohol intake to follow through.

I don't mind tats, but everything can be overdone. The whole sleeves and chest and face thing makes me giggle. Especially when it's on a younger person who hasn't entered the workforce yet.

SeriousStudent
07-03-13, 20:25
All my body modifications were involuntary, performed by angry people yelling things I did not understand.

I'm certainly not unique in that regard, I'm sure it describes entirely too many people on this forum.

Don Robison
07-03-13, 21:01
If I could and still do certain things, I would have full sleeves at the least. A lot of the vice dudes around here have more then sleeves. After a certain point you wear class As everyday anyways. Maybe later

Yea, my left is about 80% of a completed sleeve. I stay away from anything on the neck, hands, and face. I work for myself and don't plan on starting work in a corporate setting at nearly 50, but I figure why shut the doors with something that can't be covered up with a "proper" shirt.

Magic_Salad0892
07-03-13, 21:50

Fag tag?

MountainRaven
07-03-13, 22:01
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa272/Spiffums/images1.jpg

Third wife?

jaxman7
07-03-13, 22:02
Considered for years getting a crossed rifles tat on my forearm for serving in the infantry. Never got it though.

Will get nailed for this (especially by MagicSalad) but the Star Wars character Boba Fett has a bad a$$ marking on his armor that looks like a cow skull with the horns turned down. Really looks evil. Almost got that one too but chickened out.

Knew a fella at airborne school who got a tattoo of a ranger tab even before he went through R.I.P. (Ranger Indoctrination Program). Idiot, had the tat and hadn't even made it through the pre-Ranger school course. Never knew if that guy made it all the way. I always pictured Darby Queen getting the best of him. :)

-Jax

Magic_Salad0892
07-03-13, 22:38
Will get nailed for this (especially by MagicSalad) but the Star Wars character Boba Fett has a bad a$$ marking on his armor that looks like a cow skull with the horns turned down. Really looks evil. Almost got that one too but chickened out.

Nerd. :p

Knew a fella at airborne school who got a tattoo of a ranger tab even before he went through R.I.P. (Ranger Indoctrination Program). Idiot, had the tat and hadn't even made it through the pre-Ranger school course. Never knew if that guy made it all the way. I always pictured Darby Queen getting the best of him. :)

-Jax

Ranger tattoo without being a Ranger? **** that guy.

theblackknight
07-03-13, 22:46
I've considered a simple US flag on the deltoid, but haven't had the urge or alcohol intake to follow through.

Booze thins your blood FYI.

My wife actually got her 1st today, the dude did such a good job he might just might get my money next time.

Dave_M
07-03-13, 23:05
Golly No! I can't imagine getting one! :D

Kain
07-03-13, 23:17
Seen a lot of wonderful work over the years, seen a lot of stupid god awful ink as well that turns me off major. Knew at least on girl in school who had the Play Boy Bunny tattooed at the small of her back. Imagine some of you might have seen her online since that was about her I.Q.

Myself, not a single one, tend to prefer to point out all the scars that I wear on my body to care about any other permanent marks. Besides the scars have more interesting stories in general.

RogerinTPA
07-03-13, 23:18
A new hire that worked with us had his unit patch, CIB, airborne wings, ranger tab, and all his ribbons tatted on his chest, and wouldn't hesitate to show you. What was worst was he wouldnt STFU about his time in service or his quals. I thought, here we go, another douchebag tool assigned to us. It was the dumbest tat I had ever seen, besides the fake tat sleeves the filipinos guys would wear. I mean who in the hell tats his military awards and badges on their chest??? Our aircraft mechanics, who had serious works of art as tats, used to point and snicker every time he came around.

Moose-Knuckle
07-04-13, 02:40

The image located on Fett's Mandalorian armor is commonly referred to as a Bantha skull, the braided hair around Fett's shoulder (much like an 11B's Blue Cord) is actually a Wookie scalp. Among the geekiest Star Wars nerds it is argued that the image is not a Bantha skull but that of a male Mythosaur. But even this is disputed as it has been said the skull is in fact that of an legendary Mandalorian combat-training master. But yeah . . . its a cool image. :D

Endur
07-04-13, 04:52
I don't do tats anywhere but my arms. I won't do sleeves either. Old school random ones but every one has a meaning and every one except my crossed rifles I put together in photoshop or had the idea in my head. I have never picked from a book. I have 6 and probably wont get another for a long time or until something meaningful comes along and I feel like getting another.

a1fabweld
07-04-13, 11:31

-brickboy240

The Harley analogy is spot on! I do remember when only bad asses and hardcore bikers rode them. Now most Harley riders are mid life crisis having white collar guys that wear every piece of Harley attire made when they ride so everybody knows they're a real biker. They look like a Harley threw up on them. Lmao!

Airhasz
07-04-13, 14:20
The Harley analogy is spot on! I do remember when only bad asses and hardcore bikers rode them. Now most Harley riders are mid life crisis having white collar guys that wear every piece of Harley attire made when they ride so everybody knows they're a real biker. They look like a Harley threw up on them. Lmao!

True baller rides a springer/suicude shift or chopped/custom paint...:D

Magic_Salad0892
07-04-13, 19:43
The image located on Fett's Mandalorian armor is commonly referred to as a Bantha skull, the braided hair around Fett's shoulder (much like an 11B's Blue Cord) is actually a Wookie scalp. Among the geekiest Star Wars nerds it is argued that the image is not a Bantha skull but that of a male Mythosaur. But even this is disputed as it has been said the skull is in fact that of an legendary Mandalorian combat-training master. But yeah . . . its a cool image. :D

Holy shit. Star Wars nerds are ****ing cray cray.

jaxman7
07-04-13, 19:58

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

:)

RWK
07-04-13, 20:59

This is not the thread you're looking for. Move along...

Magic_Salad0892
07-04-13, 21:33
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/Magic_Salad0892/Oh_lawd_zps394bf4d5.jpg (http://s1101.photobucket.com/user/Magic_Salad0892/media/Oh_lawd_zps394bf4d5.jpg.html)

^

My first thought when I realized that Jaxman replied to my Star Wars comment.

And for lols:

http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/Magic_Salad0892/azbLPOp_460s_zps61d48a82.jpg (http://s1101.photobucket.com/user/Magic_Salad0892/media/azbLPOp_460s_zps61d48a82.jpg.html)

KrampusArms
07-04-13, 21:50

-brickboy240

F$%king thank you. Thats what I've been saying.

I dont have any ink, because it looks like shit, & I know I'd get sick of seeing it after about a week.

MountainRaven
07-04-13, 22:00
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g424/Magic_Salad0892/azbLPOp_460s_zps61d48a82.jpg

Where, praytell, might one acquire one of these most beauteous of artifacts?

gun71530
07-04-13, 22:02
F$%king thank you. Thats what I've been saying.

I dont have any ink, because it looks like shit, & I know I'd get sick of seeing it after about a week.

It looks like shit too you... If you don't like tattoos, don't get them. However, it doesn't give you the right to judge someone with them.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Magic_Salad0892
07-05-13, 00:40
Where, praytell, might one acquire one of these most beauteous of artifacts?

http://www.amazon.com/William-Shakespeares-Star-Wars-Doescher/dp/1594746370

Bam.

Bubba FAL
07-05-13, 00:45
No tats, just scars. Left thumb, forearm, elbow, shoulder, & thigh, and top of my head.

I hate needles, but I joke that if I ever decide to get inked, I'll get the scars filled in Frankenstein-style.

My wife threatened me that if I lose my wedding ring again, the next ring will be a tattoo. I'm on ring #4 in 24yrs of marriage, so she does have a bit of a point.

MountainRaven
07-05-13, 01:52
http://www.amazon.com/William-Shakespeares-Star-Wars-Doescher/dp/1594746370

Bam.

Excellent!

Someone needs to translate this into Klingon (along with the other works of Shakespeare. Which I think has been done).

Army Chief
07-05-13, 11:05
However, it doesn't give you the right to judge someone with them.

Right to judge? Hmmm. My sense is that, in matters of art and aesthetics, everyone has the right to judge for themselves whether something is strikingly beautiful or absolutely hideous. That doesn't make one person right or another wrong, because art is the ultimate relativistic medium. ;)

I do get what you're saying about not judging the person, of course, though we all do that to others as a matter of routine, ink or no ink. It's by no means the right thing to do, but since when do any of us live up to the standards that we want everyone else to uphold? lol

AC

Frailer
07-05-13, 11:19
Un-illustrated. Don't trust myself enough to design or select something that I wouldn't mind wearing for the rest of my life, and don't trust anyone else's artistic skills to render it to my standards, even I did...

My thoughts exactly.