PDA

View Full Version : Good scope mounts for M1A

C-grunt
07-02-13, 23:31
My partner at work is looking for a scope mount for his M1A. He is a buy once cry once kind of guy so he wants something good. I don't know a whole lot about the M1A so I'm asking you guys.

Ranger325
07-03-13, 11:34
Not speaking from experience, but I looking as well and my initial research tells me Saldak is well thought of and Springfield's mount may be a hit or a miss. I'm still reading and asking.
What optic is he planning to run?

C-grunt
07-03-13, 15:49
Probably a Vortex Viper PST 2.5-10 or something similar.

BrigandTwoFour
07-03-13, 19:02
Sadlak or Smith for a side mounting one. Another interesting option is the M14.ca CASM mount.

Devildawg2531
07-03-13, 20:38
My partner at work is looking for a scope mount for his M1A. He is a buy once cry once kind of guy so he wants something good. I don't know a whole lot about the M1A so I'm asking you guys.

Highly recommend the Sadlak Airborne Mount. It is rock solid and stable - Sadlak is where to go for M1A / M14 upgrades and accessories.

tostado22
07-04-13, 00:24
I will echo what others have said. I have owned a Gen 3 SA mount (wouldn't risk it with this one) and a Sadlak. I highly recommend the Sadlak.

Im sure someone will mention it but if you or your friend ever go for a new M1A look at the LRB M25 receiver. It is well worth the money for a dedicated optics gun. I had one built on that for long range fun and it was worth every penny.

ICANHITHIMMAN
07-04-13, 07:37
I have the sadlak on my armscorp its good to go, upgraded and re-engineered version of the 1980s brookfeild mount. They provide you with the mil spec drawings and pins to measure your receiver for their mount. I got luck my receiver was in spec but most are not. They will also machine your mount to your receiver for no extra cost. I went with the steel version and I wanted to eliminate any flex from my system. I would not give consideration to any other mount! Also if your going to install it make sure you do some research and don't drive the pins on your stripper clip guide the wrong direction.

C-grunt
07-04-13, 17:51
Smith Enterprises is local. Would they be a good choice to go talk with?

PBurkott
07-04-13, 18:20
The bassettmachine.com mount is among the very best:

won't shoot loose
easy to install or remove
allows clearance for case ejection
returns to zero on reinstall within about a ½-minute of angle

A quick search on M14forum.com will provide further information...

Pete

BrigandTwoFour
07-04-13, 18:21
Smith Enterprises is local. Would they be a good choice to go talk with?

Yes, very much so.

Keith E.
07-05-13, 11:59
I highly recommend the Smith Enterprises M1-A optics mount.

Keith

domestique
09-01-13, 20:29
The "BEST" would have been an integrated picatinny rail that is part of the receiver. (i.e. LRB arms M25) But would require an enitrely new rifle. FWIW, mine shoots sub MOA with 168 grain Federal GMM, and around 2 MOA with 150 grain Nato Surplus like British Radway green/ German DAG).

http://www.lrbarms.com/images/396_M25_Rail_2.JPG

But the Sadlak, Smith and Bassett are all great mounts. If the receiver is in spec get the Sadlak, if it is not the Smith had a greater clearance. I personally would go Sadlak.

T2C
09-01-13, 22:26
If you are going to scope a M1A, I highly recommend attaching some sort of cheek piece to the butt stock for consistent stock weld. A leather lace on cheek piece or Karsten cheek piece are two that come to mind.

Pi3
09-01-13, 22:36
Sadlack for sure. Their customer service is terrific.

TriggerFish
09-04-13, 12:34
Back when the earth was cooling I had a Super Match and was using a McCann Industries M 24 Integrated Rail System. Loved it.