PDA

View Full Version : Boberg XR9-S neat design

1_click_off
07-03-13, 17:57
Not sure if I am ready to give up my PM9, but this is a really neat design. Almost a bullpup pistol.

Anyone held one?

Magsz
07-03-13, 22:56
Yessir, several actually.

The grip is very ergonomic, the pistol is very well put together and the trigger is exceptionally smooth.

The design however, ie the reverse feed makes me nervous. I guess time will tell whether or not this thing actually pans out but to me, it is a boutique, novelty pistol.

1_click_off
07-04-13, 08:18
I agree with it being a novelty pistol and maybe that is why it is drawing me in. I like fine craftsmanship and unique mechanical devices. Watches, tools, guns, etc.

Really thinking hard about picking one up just because it is so different.

I was reading in the little Dillon reloading magazine about them and the only caution was the case could be stripped off the bullet if shooting poorly crimped ammo. Have you had this happen. I would like to measure AOL when loaded in mag, fire the round on top of it, let it cycle, then manually eject the previously measured round and get another AOL just to see if it moves.

ryr8828
07-04-13, 14:49
I like, but quite pricey.

1911-A1
07-04-13, 23:15
At this point in my shooting career, I have my serious weapons sorted out, with spares, mags, etc. all acquired.

So now I'm very interested in collecting weird stuff for fun. If I find a Boberg at a good price, I'll grab it. Something tells me they're not going to grow into the next Smith & Wesson, so the guns may eventually be oddities that are worth some cash one day.