PDA

View Full Version : DD Omega rail without delta pack/ring

Amicus
07-03-13, 19:22
Just for S&G, I put together a build with an Omega rail attached without a delta ring or HG cap. Seemed to work fine, for the limited use I subjected it to (about 100 rounds at the range). I would not consider this prudent for hard use or long term use.

I am thinking of keeping this setup for a while until I save up my pennies for an Apex handguard. Can anyone think of a reason why I should not retain this, at least for a few months of testing/range shooting?

This is a carbine (7") rail on a carbine gas system. DD clamp gas block on a DD lightweight bbl (so, the rail does not cover the block). I figure this is the most painless way to put together the upper in preparation for the Apex.

Col_Crocs
07-03-13, 19:55
Not ideal at all, esp with that exposed clamp on block. As for the Omega, it doesnt need the HG cap for anything. The delta ring wraps around its base but the 4 side screws hold the 2 rail pieces together around the barrel nut, on which, the 4 set screws anchor the rail to. Youre ok. Again, not ideal, but ok.