PDA

View Full Version : Trijicon HD or RB1 10-8 Sights for Glock

PhoPoweR
07-04-13, 00:16
I'm looking at either getting the Trijicon HD or RB1 10-8 Sights for my Glock 19. They both are similar and around the same price range. What's the benefits over one another?

rathos
07-04-13, 01:20
I see it like this:

RB1 sights:

No rear dots
Square rear notch
Regular night sight insert with thin silver outline

Trijicon:

3 dot setup
Round U style notch (I find this harder to be precise with)
Front night sight inclosed in a larger brightly colored circle (makes acquisition faster and easier)

For me I would go with the RB1 sights because I prefer the squared rear and the lack of dots on the rear sight. I have purchased the ameriglo front similar to the trijicon HD front and a blank rear and found that works really well for me, but between the two you listed I would go with the RB1s

Big A
07-04-13, 07:56
I was in a similar dilemma.

I went with a set of Ameriglo Pro Operators on my G17 and am very happy. They're very similar to the Trijicon HD's.

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/night-sights/complete-sets

Matt O
07-04-13, 08:44
I'm looking at either getting the Trijicon HD or RB1 10-8 Sights for my Glock 19. They both are similar and around the same price range.

They're actually not very similar at all. Setting aside the differences that have already been mentioned, 3 dots vs 1 dot, u notch vs standard notch, the other very important difference is that the HD front sight is .140 width and the RB1 sights are .125 width.

That difference may not seem like much, but in my opinion, you give a lot up in precision beyond 15 yards with a big .140 width sight, whereas you give very little up in speed with the .125 width sight.

Rayrevolver
07-04-13, 09:20
Look a few pages into the this handgun section for a thread on 3-dot vs 2-dot vs 1-dot. I have yet to take a low light course so I have no opinion.

I have been using Trij HDs on a G34 in IPSC/IDPA and while they work, I do like a thinner front sight.

So far my money has been on Warren Tacticals. Combined with the U notch and .125 front, it works well for me in both speed and accuracy. I paint the front orange also.

PM me if you want a 10-8 rear to try out. I should have one laying around. Actually have a Warren FO front somewhere too.

KentuckyWindage
07-04-13, 17:20
I can't stand the hd's sight picture. I don't like three dots or large colorful front sights. In that being said I love my RB1 sights on my 17 & 19. Sights are a personal thing it's all in what you like. My vote RB1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Voodoo_Man
07-04-13, 17:55
Between the two, the HD's are Trijicons flagship for highly visible sights. Trijicons are awesome, most of the people on here have used them at one time or another (especially LEO's with glocks) and every Trijicon HD sight I have used and that people I know have on their pistols has ran without issue.

I have little to no experience with the RB1 sights or 10-8 sights.

eleven
07-04-13, 20:19

ZINCOGNITO
04-04-14, 14:21
I apologize for bumping an old thread but I'm wondering if anyone is running a Trijicon HD front and 10-8 rear?