PDA

View Full Version : Ameriglo Spartan Tactical

notofnow
07-04-13, 10:59
Does anyone have any experience with these or know of a review somewhere? I was originally shopping for the Trijicon HDs but they seem to be back ordered for months everywhere and the Ameriglos seems really similar.

Any info is appreciated.

jlw
07-04-13, 11:06
Before they were available as a set, I had put together the same thing by using a Pro Operator rear and a Hack front. For a carry gun, I liked them.

Voodoo_Man
07-04-13, 11:21
If you like the three dot version over the Pro-I Dot version go for it.

Personally, I have two guns with the Pro-I Dot version and they work well, and the price isn't bad. The Spartan Tactical version is a little on the expensive side though, I would almost suggest spending the extra $$ to get the Trijicon HD sights, since they are very similar and tougher.

A quick review and pictures of the Pro-I Dot vs. Defoors (reason for post are the pictures) http://vdmsr.blogspot.com/2012/10/ameriglo-pro-i-dot-vs-defoor-sights.html#axzz2Xpn7IoSW

BriansM4
07-05-13, 20:50
I recently bought a pair of Spartan sights GL-446. I love them. Here are a few things I noticed: The tritium is made by Trijicon, and is labeled as such on the sights. The sights are metal, and are well made. Your eye really picks up on the orange front sight, it stands out and makes for quick target acquisition. The sights are also very easy to see in the dark.
I have noticed a serious improvement in my shooting once they were installed on my Glock. I plan on buying a set for all my handguns. You really can't go wrong buying a pair. The quality is there, they are reasonably priced, and the tritium inserts are Trijicon.

BioLayne
07-05-13, 21:31
I love the i-dot pros. I have nothing further to add

just a scout
07-05-13, 21:36
I switched from XS big dots to the I-Pro. Love them. Like having an aim point on your pistol.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

mattexass
07-05-13, 21:39
I love the i-dot pros. I have nothing further to add

This is exactly how I feel. I used stock night sights then a blacked out rear and have settled on these and could not like them anymore than I do now.

notofnow
07-06-13, 18:12
I recently bought a pair of Spartan sights GL-446. I love them. Here are a few things I noticed: The tritium is made by Trijicon, and is labeled as such on the sights. The sights are metal, and are well made. Your eye really picks up on the orange front sight, it stands out and makes for quick target acquisition. The sights are also very easy to see in the dark.
I have noticed a serious improvement in my shooting once they were installed on my Glock. I plan on buying a set for all my handguns. You really can't go wrong buying a pair. The quality is there, they are reasonably priced, and the tritium inserts are Trijicon.

Just ordered the GL-447 which are supposed to be yellow rears and green fronts. Hope i like em.

M_Rapp
07-07-13, 12:27
Just ordered the GL-447 which are supposed to be yellow rears and green fronts. Hope i like em.
Did they have them in stock? If so where did you find them? Thanks!

jlw
07-07-13, 12:30

I have a set of Pro Operators with this color setup. I like it.

SpeedRacer
07-07-13, 12:32
These are basically Hackathorns with rear dots?

M_Rapp
07-07-13, 12:40
These are basically Hackathorns with rear dots?
http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/night-sights/complete-sets/spartan-tactical

The GL-447
Spartan Tactical = Pro Operator rear sight (yellow tritium with black outlines) paired with ProGlo front sight (green tritium with orange outline)

Dos Cylindros
07-07-13, 15:34
I'm running the pro i dots on my M&P Shield. They are very nice. I have the Trijicon HD's on my G23 and will be putting them on my Dept. issued M&P 40 as well as my personal M&P 40. I have found the Trijicon HD's have a much deeper rear notch as compared to the Ameriglo offering. That and the fact that I prefer 3 dots to two or just one are the only reasons I will be going with HD's on everything but the Shield.

mdrums
07-07-13, 19:37
I'm running the pro i dots on my M&P Shield. They are very nice. I have the Trijicon HD's on my G23 and will be putting them on my Dept. issued M&P 40 as well as my personal M&P 40. I have found the Trijicon HD's have a much deeper rear notch as compared to the Ameriglo offering. That and the fact that I prefer 3 dots to two or just one are the only reasons I will be going with HD's on everything but the Shield.

I am about to order...actually told my shop to order Ameriglo iDot orange/green sights. These have the single green rear dot. I have not shot these but the shop told me these or nothing on the rear is the way to go for my Shield.

I am also wanting to take off the Trueglow fiber/nightsights on my Glock G17. They came on the gun and I did not know any better but I do not really like them as them seem harder than stock Glock sights to get a fast sight picture with.

Thoughts?

Dos Cylindros
07-07-13, 20:13
I am about to order...actually told my shop to order Ameriglo iDot orange/green sights. These have the single green rear dot. I have not shot these but the shop told me these or nothing on the rear is the way to go for my Shield.

I am also wanting to take off the Trueglow fiber/nightsights on my Glock G17. They came on the gun and I did not know any better but I do not really like them as them seem harder than stock Glock sights to get a fast sight picture with.

Thoughts?

Don't get me wrong, I really like the i dots on my Shield. I have the orange front with green tritium front and rear. I just prefer the three dot setup as opposed to the two dot setup. I have no experience with fiber optic, but I would go with Trijicon HD for your Glock. The minute Trijicon makes Shield specific sights, I will swap to those.

M_Rapp
07-08-13, 10:39
Any one know where a place has the GL-447s in stock?

Thanks.

BioLayne
07-08-13, 14:04

where did you find them for your shield? I have them on my G19 and TruGlo TFOs on my shield but I would love to get i-dot pros on my shield

notofnow
07-08-13, 18:00
Any one know where a place has the GL-447s in stock?

Thanks.

I ordered mine directly from Ameriglo this pass weekend and got shipping notice today.

http://www.ameriglo.net/catalog/sights/pistol-sights/glock/night-sights/complete-sets/spartan-tactical

Dos Cylindros
07-08-13, 22:02
where did you find them for your shield? I have them on my G19 and TruGlo TFOs on my shield but I would love to get i-dot pros on my shield

Look no further than Grant at gandrtactical.com. He also has the shield specific sight pusher from MGW. I bought both.

Packeagle
07-12-13, 08:59

The GL-447
Spartan Tactical = Pro Operator rear sight (yellow tritium with black outlines) paired with ProGlo front sight (green tritium with orange outline)

I'm running this setup more or less on my G27. I have the Orange Square proglo front w/ green tritium. Then a Pro Operator rear w/ yellow Tritium. Its an improvement over my G22s Trijicon HDs. I like the blacked out rear in the day time and I have the Tritium vials for night. The Ameriglo has Trijicon stamped on it (uses Trijicon vials).

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

PureBS90
02-13-15, 22:11
I use the Spartan Tactical more or less for all my carry guns. Best sight picture in my opinion, and it's cheaper that Trijicon HD's.

jck397
02-14-15, 18:46
The Spartan Tactical 3 dot (green tritium front and rear, orange outline on front) are my go-to sights. I've found that the dots line up better when the sights are aligned (other brands tend to make a triangle vs. a line I've found), and the orange front pops out. The .180 rears and the .140 front also offers the perfect amount of light on either side. My only (minor) complaint is that in darkness, the front tritium dot is noticeably smaller than the rear dots, but it's not a huge deal to me. They're my favorite sights on the market, and meet my needs perfectly.