PDA

View Full Version : ‘Superhero’ Husband Hogties Burglar, Leaves Him in the Yard for Police & Goes to Work

cinco
07-05-13, 14:23
Go Okie!

“As soon as Cole was tied up, Houston said her husband turned to her and said he had to leave, had to go work. That’s why we couldn’t talk to him today,” KWTV-TV adds.

“That’s just the type of person he is, you know? That’s just the type of person he is. Business is business. ‘I got to take care of business, he’s safe, the police are coming, I got to go,’” Houston said.

Houston also said her husband, who works with horses and knows his way around a rope, just nodded his head like “what’s done is done.”

http://www.theblaze.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/22751588_BG6-620x348.jpg

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/07/03/superhero-husband-hogties-burglar-leaves-him-in-the-yard-for-police-and-goes-to-work-as-planned/

3 AE
07-05-13, 14:33
That is just Gerrrreat! I'm imagining the Police answering the call and coming on scene saying to themselves, "Geez, can't they all be this easy?" Job well done Mr. Houston.

No.6
07-05-13, 15:05
Great, except when the DA decides to press charges for, oh I don't know, wrongful imprisonment, reckless endangerment, and a few dozen other fabricated charges. Seems to be a trend with DA's these days.

Moose-Knuckle
07-05-13, 15:17
Um yeah, I would never leave my pregnant wife alone with a stoned oxygen thief I just caught and "tied up".

Depending on the jurisdiction, the home owner could be charged with unlawful restraint and all that jazz.

Grand58742
07-05-13, 15:28
Um yeah, I would never leave my pregnant wife alone with a stoned oxygen thief I just caught and "tied up".

Depending on the jurisdiction, the home owner could be charged with unlawful restraint and all that jazz.

Not seeing it out here in Oklahoma. Maybe...but doubtful

Moose-Knuckle
07-05-13, 15:44

Yeah I figure he would not face such liberal DAs in OK.

3 AE
07-05-13, 21:16
I look at it this way. Mr. Houston saved this scumbag's life. He hogtied him for the police to care of. The thief could have gotten away and tried to burglarize another resident(s) who might not be so obliging by shooting him instead of calf roping him. Mr. Houston just got credit in the "Good Karma" column. :D

Palmguy
07-05-13, 21:49

Agreed.

jpmuscle
07-06-13, 05:25
They should give the guy a dam medal.

The_War_Wagon
07-06-13, 06:24
I look at it this way. Mr. Houston saved this scumbag's life. He hogtied him for the police to care of. The thief could have gotten away and tried to burglarize another resident(s) who might not be so obliging by shooting him instead of calf roping him. Mr. Houston just got credit in the "Good Karma" column. :D

Exactly. Should some wise-ass prosecutor bring it up in cross-examination, all Houston has to do is respond, "Would you have preferred I left him shot in the head on the front yard?"

Prosecutor: "Uhmmm... no further questions!"

:cool:

glocktogo
07-06-13, 16:36
Great, except when the DA decides to press charges for, oh I don't know, wrongful imprisonment, reckless endangerment, and a few dozen other fabricated charges. Seems to be a trend with DA's these days.

If it could happen anywhere in OK, it would be Tulsa Co. Remember we're talking about Tim Harris, the DA who received a Vote of No Confidence by the FOP and STILL got re-elected. :(

bp7178
07-07-13, 02:43
Superhero?

The guy is an ass-hat for leaving that tool-bag with his wife.

Never mind that HUGE hazard and lack of fore sight, but what about the process occurring after the police arrive? Didn't feel like making a statement to...I don't know...ensure the burglar is prosecuted? All the thumping of constitutional rights on this forum but we can throw out due process for the hog-tied guy?

What a dipshit. I hope no one sees this as what to do.

Honu
07-07-13, 02:57
family comes before business I think for sure I would stay until the police came

scary thought if he got free ? knowing the husband has left

SteyrAUG
07-07-13, 15:53

+1

I know it sounds cool and all but I will be holding at gunpoint until police arrive. My boss would just have to understand.

randolph
07-07-13, 16:23
I wouldnt have been worried about leaving him alone w/my wife. Last thing hed want is to pizz her off, she's lots meaner than I am...

TAZ
07-08-13, 15:33
Superhero?

The guy is an ass-hat for leaving that tool-bag with his wife.

Never mind that HUGE hazard and lack of fore sight, but what about the process occurring after the police arrive? Didn't feel like making a statement to...I don't know...ensure the burglar is prosecuted? All the thumping of constitutional rights on this forum but we can throw out due process for the hog-tied guy?

What a dipshit. I hope no one sees this as what to do.

Agree on the whole WTF on leaving your pregnant wife alone with a tied up burglar. I don't care how good I was with rope and shit.

Assuming the story is correct what Constitutional rights of the burglar were violated?? Had he hog tied him and stayed would the burglars right have remained intact?

bp7178
07-08-13, 22:32
Agree on the whole WTF on leaving your pregnant wife alone with a tied up burglar. I don't care how good I was with rope and shit.

Assuming the story is correct what Constitutional rights of the burglar were violated?? Had he hog tied him and stayed would the burglars right have remained intact?

I'm not saying his rights were violated per se, but rather it complicates that his case could be heard before a court.

He, just like any other person accused of a crime, is by rights given a day in court. If a principle witness leaves the scene so he can look like a hard-ass, how does that happen?

By rule, after the police make a warrantless arrest, one based on probable cause, in my state they have 24 hours to present the facts and circumstances of the arrest to a court of law for issuance of a formal arrest warrant. The issuance of an arrest warrant allows detention beyond 24 hours. This also leads into the process of a bail/bond being set. If the statements of a principle party to the incident are absent, its a huge stretch to get a warrant issued, and as such, more than likely the case would be refused -thereby dropped- by a court and the suspect released to avoid violating his 5th amendment rights.

The 24 hour rule varies by state. I've heard of up to 48 hours, but longer and shorter may exist.

In effect he arrested the guy, which he was more than in his rights to do...then left him on the lawn.

Citizens are more than justified in making an arrest for crimes committed in their presence. But there is a process involved beyond detention.

That's the big difference in my state as to when a citizen can make an arrest, and when the police can. A citizen can make an arrest of a suspect for a crime committed in their presence. The police can make an arrest for a crime committed in their presence, and one based on probable cause; facts and circumstances which would lead a reasonable person to believe a crime has been committed and a particular person is responsible for such.

SteyrAUG
07-09-13, 00:04
In effect he arrested the guy, which he was more than in his rights to do...then left him on the lawn.

You're right, he should have just shot the guy as he was attempting forced entry.

PA PATRIOT
07-09-13, 00:11
Wonder if Mr. Houston has a warrant and didn't want to see the Po-Po. But that's a real d-head move leaving the bad guy with the wife.

J-Dub
07-09-13, 10:58
This is awesome. Nice to see there are some people that still have a backbone.

wake.joe
07-09-13, 11:08
I'm sure the wife had a shotgun.

bp7178
07-09-13, 12:45
You're right, he should have just shot the guy as he was attempting forced entry.

I wonder if he would have taken the day off then. :rolleyes:

11B101ABN
07-13-13, 11:36
Should have waited. Otherwise I am slightly amused.

williejc
07-14-13, 17:57
Be careful whom you hogtie. It's not politically correct.