PDA

View Full Version : Finnally got my rebate Mags From S&W...

RogerinTPA
04-10-08, 18:27
after 2 1/2 months. They're both USED .45 mags. WTF???:confused: Oh well. I just hope they are functional and problem free. I'm still waiting on the rebate check. Lets see, hopefully before Christmas! :(

Oscar 319
04-10-08, 21:32
That's funny, I got my check and no mags. WTF, over? Sent mine off in January. Maybe my patience will pay off for some NEW .45 mags? Gun runs great though!

Ridge_Runner_5
04-10-08, 21:43
I bought a Sigma last May...got the range back in like a month, the mags another month after the bag...they were new, but I had sold the pistol like 2 weeks earlier, so I sold them for a lot less than they were worth to a guy who would probably sell them at huge markup...

bmwguy
04-11-08, 06:58
My promtional coupon were sent back in middle of December.

I receive the rebate check about 2 weeks ago.

I finally recieved the 2 magazines 3 days ago but they sent the wrong one!

I had marked MP 9 full size but they sent me MP-40/357 mags!

Customer service said for some reason, there was a disconnect and its happening on a few occasions.

They sent me a pre paid label to ship the mags back so that they will send replacements. CS also mentioned that they are backlogged on the mags but are expecting a huge shipment of mags anyday now to meet demand.

Lumpy196
04-11-08, 08:28
Got my check about 2 weeks ago and 2 brand new shiney mags yesterday. I purchased the gun 2 months ago.

RogerinTPA
04-11-08, 20:20
Got my check about 2 weeks ago and 2 brand new shiney mags yesterday. I purchased the gun 2 months ago.

Then you must be the luckiest mofo out of the bunch of M&P owners. I think you are the ONLY one who got both in a relatively timely manner. I test fired them today and they are functional so I guess I can't complain about free mags. I was more happier when I got the 4 new ones with FDE base plates I ordered from Grant.

ToddG
04-11-08, 23:36
rh -- Just curious, what makes you believe they're used? Not doubting you, but there has been a finish change recently.

RogerinTPA
04-12-08, 09:52
rh -- Just curious, what makes you believe they're used? Not doubting you, but there has been a finish change recently.

I expected them to come in the package, these were sent loose and had wear marks on the sides of the mags which looks like the wear marks on the mags I use. I shot 200 rounds every weekend for the past 8 weeks, not a high round count but my current mags are in great shape and looks way better. The color was faded compared to the 8 other mags I have. I also compared them with the 4 new mags recently purchased from Grant. I'd wager that these were test fire mags. If the new finish includes dull silver wear marks on the sides and the feed lips, they need to switch back ASAP! Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not slamming S&W at all. I own several of their M&P's and very please with the product, but I was surprised when I expected 2 new mags and got what I got.

ToddG
04-12-08, 10:13
The duller color is the new finish. But obvious wear marks are obviously wear marks. Personally, I'd give Smith a call and inquire. No one expects to receive used merchandise, and while the mags are "free" they were part of the deal when you bought the gun, not something they decided to give you out of the kindness of their corporate heart.

Worst case scenario you're out a phone call. More likely, they'll replace the mags.

DM-SC
04-12-08, 13:38
The duller color is the new finish. But obvious wear marks are obviously wear marks. Personally, I'd give Smith a call and inquire. No one expects to receive used merchandise, and while the mags are "free" they were part of the deal when you bought the gun, not something they decided to give you out of the kindness of their corporate heart.

Worst case scenario you're out a phone call. More likely, they'll replace the mags.

I agree with Todd...call S&W and let know about it.

My M&P45 mags were the older (shiner finish and the weld down the back is much more noticeable) ones. They still work fine.

Both sets of rebate mags came wrapped in plastic, in an envelope instead of the retail packaging. Makes since for S&W to not waste money on the retail packaging.

DrMark
04-12-08, 15:03
...there has been a finish change recently.

The mags with mine look like Mec-Gars. Are the M&P mags made by Mec-Gar, made in-house at S&W, or something else?

Are the "new finish" mags the same as the previous ones in terms of construction, with the finish being the only change?

Thanks.

ToddG
04-12-08, 15:50
I don't have any of the new-finish mags myself, but I'm picking up a new gun in a few days and presumably it will have the new finish. There was a post somewhere reporting that the new mags also have a different spring, but again I haven't seen that first hand.

To the best of my knowledge, the 9/40/357 mags are made by Mec-Gar. At least originally, the plan was to produce the 45 mags within the United States.

Leviathan
04-12-08, 21:41
I expected them to come in the package, these were sent loose and had wear marks on the sides of the mags which looks like the wear marks on the mags I use. I shot 200 rounds every weekend for the past 8 weeks, not a high round count but my current mags are in great shape and looks way better. The color was faded compared to the 8 other mags I have. I also compared them with the 4 new mags recently purchased from Grant. I'd wager that these were test fire mags. If the new finish includes dull silver wear marks on the sides and the feed lips, they need to switch back ASAP! Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not slamming S&W at all. I own several of their M&P's and very please with the product, but I was surprised when I expected 2 new mags and got what I got.

I received two mags that appeared used as well. The wear marks were not as bad as yours, but they did show signs of wear. The plastic follower also had been scratched as if the magazine had been loaded prior to shipping. Both mags functioned fine and I have not had an issue to date so....

ToddG
04-12-08, 21:43
Just a thought ... is it possible the wear marks you're seeing are caused by a ton of unwrapped magazines getting jostled about inside a bin or box? Odds are the rebate magazines are being handled by folks in an assembly line-like manner and so it's possible stuff is getting a little beat up in the process.

DM-SC
04-13-08, 10:10
To the best of my knowledge, the 9/40/357 mags are made by Mec-Gar. At least originally, the plan was to produce the 45 mags within the United States.

My 9mm mags all have a more polished finish and look to be higher quality finished overall. Other than the followers on the newer mags being gray, instead of black, the mags all look the same.

The 45 mags just look a bit on the cheap side, to me. I guess this supports your comment that they planned to make them in the US???

ToddG
04-13-08, 11:35
The shiny polished finish is just an older finish. The new dull finish may not look as pretty but it's more durable and corrosion resistant. If I needed to put a tacticool spin on it, I'd say they are "less prone to glare under low-light combat conditions." :cool: