PDA

View Full Version : First Build - Help!

ejskle
07-05-13, 20:45
Hi everyone, I'm doing my first build and ran into a bit of a problem. I'm using a Noveske Gen 2 Lower Receiver, and just installed a Geissele SSA. My next step was to install the selector switch (BAD-CASS), but it won't fit in. Looking through the hole, it looks like there is a piece of the trigger that's just SLIGHTLY (like 1/32") in the hole. I've tried playing around the the trigger and hammer, but no matter what I do, there's always just a TINY piece blocking the hole (yes, even when fully cocked).

I've attached a pic. Any ideas? I would think there would be enough clearance in the specs that this wouldn't happen. Could I have a seriously out-of-spec Noveske lower or Geissele trigger? Thanks a lot.

NoveskeFan
07-05-13, 21:06
Did you cock the hammer?

ejskle
07-05-13, 21:10
Yes, I did, thanks. That does move the piece 99% out of the way, but not completely.

Armyciv45b
07-05-13, 22:27
Did you try putting the safety in first, then sliding the trigger up underneath it?

NoveskeFan
07-06-13, 07:41
Can you post a pic top down, into the trigger well? You have the trigger and hammer springs in the proper orientation?

RMiller
07-06-13, 07:47
Yea man. Take the trigger back out and install the safety first. Then move back to the trigger. The trigger will slip under the safety, then install the disconnector and hammer.

Then detent, spring, and grip. Test safety for function. Just make sure not to let it strike the bolt catch/receiver.

ejskle
07-06-13, 11:57
Thanks, guys. I took out just the hammer and was able to slide it through then. For some reason, the hammer was putting pressure on the trigger so that it wouldn't line up. But now everything fits great.

Sorry for the crappy picture attached. Here are the parts I used:
Noveske Gen 2 lower
Geissele SSA
Battle Arms BAD-CASS FDE
Colt mag release, bolt catch, all pins, forged buffer tube, buffer, buffer spring
Noveske pivot/takedown pins (not for the bling, but they're cheaper than the Colt ones), so might as well
Magpul MOE+
Magpul MOE Fixed stock (I'm in a ban state)

The only thing that's strange is that the SSA feels like it has a single stage. It moves backwards very smoothly, but then breaks without warning. It feels great, but it's just a surprise. I have the hammer spring on top of the trigger pin, with the bow behind the trigger like on the Geissele video, so that should be positioned correctly. Any thoughts/ideas? I can take a pic later.

NoveskeFan
07-06-13, 13:36
My SSA triggers have a definite 2nd stage. I purchased one that felt like a very VERY light single stage. I contacted Geissele and they immediately sent a replacement with a return envelope for the defective unit. If your trigger does not have a 2nd stage, contact them ASAP.