PDA

View Full Version : sling

texasgunhand
07-06-13, 00:22
After installing magpul buttstock and MI gen 2 rail and light i need a new sling. Old 3 point wont work anymore becouse of light placement. What do you guys recomend? 1 point or 2 point, What sling are you using??
Also with magpul buttstock i dont have the metal sling attachment on the bottom of the stock buttstock anymore.. Thanks for your suggestions...

tesseract
07-06-13, 00:34
I like my BFG VCAS.

krisjon
07-06-13, 02:10
BFG VCAS or SHERIFF OF BAGHDAD BITCH.

eperk
07-06-13, 06:59
I use the Troy Battlesling. I will only use the Troy Battlesling.

Samson1
07-06-13, 07:38
There are so many slings out there its almost crazy. That said I went from a magpul ms3 to a bfg vcas and haven't looked back .....yet. the vcas padded is way more comfortable though.

RMiller
07-06-13, 07:58
VCAS padded

JS-Maine
07-06-13, 08:17
There are so many slings out there its almost crazy. That said I went from a magpul ms3 to a bfg vcas and haven't looked back .....yet. the vcas padded is way more comfortable though.

I've been going back and forth between which of these two slings to buy for a long time. Too long.

Do you use your VCAS with a triglide? If so, do you find the QD buttons easier to switch from 1pt to 2pt than the paraclip of the MS3?

SilverBullet432
07-06-13, 08:22
alot of people would swear by a blue force vickers sling. im currently saving up for it to replace my un padded magpul ms3

jc000
07-06-13, 08:23
A google search on "which sling" for this site brings up literally hundreds of results.

The site degrades as a resource when people post more and read less. As someone new to AR's myself, I can tell you theres an excellent chance that if you have a question, it's probably been answered here before, multiple times.

muldoon
07-06-13, 09:40
I am also saving for the blue force Vickers sling.

d90king
07-06-13, 10:03
I have several padded VCAS slings and like them a lot. I tun them on both AR's and AK's with great success.

SWThomas
07-06-13, 11:19
VTAC all day!

BrigandTwoFour
07-06-13, 11:31
Take your pick, they all do pretty much the same thing.

VFG VCAS, Vtac, Emdom Gunslinger, Sheriff of Bagdad B-Sling, etc.

Slings are not a huge investment, so it's not a big deal if you get one and it doesn't work out for you.

Voodoo_Man
07-06-13, 11:42
MS4 for SR15
MS3 for SCAR

Tried SOB, VCAS, etc etc etc...those are the best/easiest to use and most comfortable.

obucina
07-06-13, 12:09
padded VCAS. If you use the coupon code "NEWSLETTER" on Redstatetactical.com its 15% off.

jlw
07-06-13, 12:16
I really like the Proctor Sling:

http://www.wayofthegun.us/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=26&Itemid=22

Seagunner
07-06-13, 12:26
Take your pick, they all do pretty much the same thing.

VFG VCAS, Vtac, Emdom Gunslinger, Sheriff of Bagdad B-Sling, etc.

Slings are not a huge investment, so it's not a big deal if you get one and it doesn't work out for you.

I prefer The Emdom Gunslinger over the VCAS. The seatbelt material is so much more comfortable than the heavy cotton on the VCAS.
http://www.skdtac.com/Emdom-E-MM-Gunslinger-Sling-p/e2m.101.htm

HMM
07-06-13, 13:04
I picked up a savvy sniper sling and I like it but I keep hearing all the rage about the VTAC. I may pick one of them up for my other AR and see which one I prefer over the long run.

ggammell
07-06-13, 13:37
I have a single point sling on my work rifle. It hangs and can get uncomfortable with all the weight pulling down on your holder or neck. I have a VCAS Padded on my personal rifle. Much different. It just sits there like it belongs. Additionally it gets the muzzle away from my knees. And when it's cinched in, the rifle doesn't swing wildly.

gamewarden
07-06-13, 13:41
Padded VCAS. I suggest attaching to the hanguard just in front of the receiver and to the end plate (I use a Noveske) or use a receiver extension clamp on style attachment with QD sockets.

In this configuration I can switch shoulders without having to make a neck loop and It also enables me to go hands on and move without the rifle dangling.

If you can try a bunch of slings out do it...you may like something else...the possibilities are endless. I just ask if you are "trying" slings out you go shoot with them and not just wear them around the house.

Good luck!

Obscenejesster
07-06-13, 15:12
I have a VCAS and I can't for the life of me get it to sit high enough on my chest. Anyone have any recommendations?

Right now it is currently attached to the QD socket closest to the receiver and at the rear on a QD socket on the stock. No matter how tight I make it, it still hangs down to far.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

obucina
07-06-13, 16:59
I have a VCAS and I can't for the life of me get it to sit high enough on my chest. Anyone have any recommendations?

Right now it is currently attached to the QD socket closest to the receiver and at the rear on a QD socket on the stock. No matter how tight I make it, it still hangs down to far.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

my previous rifle had this: VCAS, ASAP plate, Daniel Defense QD mount. I cannibalized an MS2 hook mount for the rear portion. It felt like it sat just right. My Mod1 has a padded VCAS with QD rings at both ends. Im using the stock QD cup and the furthest inboard rail cup. I chopped abour 3in off the sling st the back end and ran the tri glide all the way up to the padding. Ive played with a few different small configurations and will be running my first carbine match in two weeks. I am NOT any type of SME or expert and have learned as I have played some amounts of trial and error.

BangBang77
07-06-13, 18:08
I have both the Ares Armor Huskey sling and the BFG VCAS padded. I like both equally and have them on different carbines.

I've never ran an MS3, but some of the guys on my department run them and love them.

Whatever you pick, stick with the two point. Avoid the old three point at all costs and I wouldn't run a single point either as I am rather fond of my kneecaps.

The orange search button is your friend........

texasgunhand
07-06-13, 23:17
Thanks for your replies.. The reason i asked was becouse i have never really used a sling. The search button does have a lot of slings, but i was wondering what everyone likes, that works.

I will look into the VTAC AND VCAS, I thought everyone would say Vickers single point. This is why this doesnt degrade this site. I was looking for honest answers, not advertisements. If we cant ask stuff like this here? Then why have all the experience that we have here?

Thanks for your help, I will start looking onto the slings that you have recomended. I just wish the magpul moe had a QD socket like the ctr stock.

tesseract
07-07-13, 00:16
Vickers single point? I'm under the impression LAV dislikes them.

http://vickerstactical.com/tactical-tips/carbine-slings/

Thanks for your replies.. The reason i asked was becouse i have never really used a sling. The search button does have a lot of slings, but i was wondering what everyone likes, that works.

I will look into the VTAC AND VCAS, I thought everyone would say Vickers single point. This is why this doesnt degrade this site. I was looking for honest answers, not advertisements. If we cant ask stuff like this here? Then why have all the experience that we have here?

Thanks for your help, I will start looking onto the slings that you have recomended. I just wish the magpul moe had a QD socket like the ctr stock.

texasgunhand
07-07-13, 00:21
Iam trying to go 2 point...just trying to get some ideas.

jc000
07-07-13, 06:59
The search button does have a lot of slings, but i was wondering what everyone likes, that works.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=101124

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=42

Check out post #10 in this one: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=33370

As mentioned, there is a ton of information already here. The search to find the above three threads took seconds.

IMO, ever since the "AR craze" we are seeing less posts about people's real-world relevant experiences with the AR, and more gear-related "what-should-I-buy" questions which 99% have been covered before, multiple times. Again, IMO, that's not where the value lies in this site.

No offense meant—there's a lot of information to sift through and it can be daunting to know where to start. Just offering some advice (which I'm sure has been given to me before by m4c posters) that will help keep this site as the valuable resource it is: read more, post less.

Grand58742
07-07-13, 16:14
I just wish the magpul moe had a QD socket like the ctr stock.

There is this item:

http://www.impactweaponscomponents.com/product/qd-rotation-limited-buttstock-sling-mount-n-slot/

Works like a champ and easy to install. I've used them on both my MOE stock and the issue stock at work until they made me convert to a three point gayness.

Another sling option I've used and like which you might consider is the Spec Ops Brand Master Blaster. It's a two point style that's built pretty well. Not sure which color you want, but Larue (http://www.laruetactical.com/spec-ops-master-blaster)has them in black with the QD points sewn in already.

Plumber237
07-07-13, 17:26
I like my BFG VCAS.

This, out of every sling I've used the VCAS is the most versatile. It makes me hate the 3 point slings we use at work with a passion...3 point slings have no business on any AR-15 platform.

JB13
07-07-13, 18:20
I just went from an ms2 to a vtac and love it. I hear you on the 3 point slings. In 2002 we got them and thought they were cool. They lost their luster during our deployment work up in both urban and mountain warfare training we all realized there short comings. I had a SAW so I was good :lol:

Tzook
07-08-13, 17:40
I'm a huge fan of the magpul stuff. Definitely love the ms3.

TakeAwayTheFear
07-08-13, 19:16
I had a hard time deciding which one to get with all the great options out there. I picked up an ms3 should have it wed. Hopefully I'll like it.

Voodoo_Man
07-08-13, 19:18
I had a hard time deciding which one to get with all the great options out there. I picked up an ms3 should have it wed. Hopefully I'll like it.

I use one on my SCAR.

Works really well.

Tonyparson
07-08-13, 19:21
Right now I'm using the Magpul MS2 but, I'm thinking hard about getting a VTAC.

T2C
07-08-13, 19:28
I went down the road of 3 point and single point slings. After 15 years of use I did not care for them.

I like to keep things simple. I use a modified HK93 sling on my favorite carbine. I would try to find a simple 2 point sling that is wide enough to be comfortable and long enough to let the rifle hang in front of you with the sling positioned behind you. I turn the rear sling swivel sideways to facilitate mounting the sling. The sling clip goes on the front sling swivel.

Guinnessman
07-08-13, 19:33
Do yourself a favor and buy a Vickers VCAS sling. Make sure you check the Equipment Exchange for some possible deals on used slings.