PDA

View Full Version : 9mm bullet set back

StR8ShOoTeR87
07-06-13, 18:34
Hey guys got a question about bullet setback.
I took a look at my glock 17 mag and saw some of the rounds were a little shorter than the others, upon taking some of the rounds out of the mag about 6 rounds were shorter than the others. these are PMC 9mm hollows. Are these too dangerous to shoot? I am concerned with things going KABOOM on me.
Appreciate the help If you can

KCCO:cool:

bluejackets92fs
07-06-13, 18:40
Hey guys got a question about bullet setback.
I took a look at my glock 17 mag and saw some of the rounds were a little shorter than the others, upon taking some of the rounds out of the mag about 6 rounds were shorter than the others. these are PMC 9mm hollows. Are these too dangerous to shoot? I am concerned with things going KABOOM on me.
Appreciate the help If you can

KCCO:cool:

If you're concerned about them then dispose of them. Not worth risking. With out seeing the ammo of discussion, it is hard to say yay or nay but bullet set back can be a very bad thing and it isn't worth risking.

StR8ShOoTeR87
07-06-13, 18:51
If you're concerned about them then dispose of them. Not worth risking. With out seeing the ammo of discussion, it is hard to say yay or nay but bullet set back can be a very bad thing and it isn't worth risking.
Appreciate it bluejackets92fs. I wanted to take pix but outta batteries for the camera. I took them out and will dispose of them, you are right "not work risking".

markm
07-08-13, 08:59
Don't trash them. Save them for a handloader. those components can be pulled down and reused.

This is why I VERY RARELY unload/load my carry gun. I DO NOT like my carry ammo getting banged around by a lot of chamberings.

Airhasz
07-08-13, 11:21
Appreciate it bluejackets92fs. I wanted to take pix but outta batteries for the camera. I took them out and will dispose of them, you are right "not work risking".

I will pay shipping to have them sent to me instead of disposal. PM or email me if you decide to ship!

Ironman8
07-08-13, 11:31
How much shorter were they?

It still may not be worth it to you to shoot them, but PMC is usually a pretty weak load to begin with, so a minor setback of the bullet probably won't be dangerous to use. That is, unless they were obviously shoved back into the case and actually look damaged....

streck
07-08-13, 11:34
Measure the OAL and make sure it is within spec....The minimum OAL is around 1.140 depending on bullet and weight/length.....

StR8ShOoTeR87
07-08-13, 16:05
I will pay shipping to have them sent to me instead of disposal. PM or email me if you decide to ship!

already trashed them, there were only 6 rounds any ways, I probably would have though.
And I did not measure them. I just replaced them with WWB 115 fmj.