PDA

View Full Version : Bolt Carrier Question

Ultimate_respect
07-07-13, 08:46
I have a Stag Arm rifle that I really love. Like most of us we are always looking to up grade different parts. The question is this is the bolt Carrier Stag provides worth exchanging for a LMT or BCM? I believe Stag uses their parent companies bolt carrier from CMT. I have nothing wrong with my current bolt carrier just wondering if it is even worth the money right now or not.

Thanks

Wake27
07-07-13, 08:58
I'm pretty sure LMT makes a low-mass one that is sometimes advertised to have less felt recoil, so that may be something to consider. If you're looking at standard bolt carriers for an apples-to-apples comparison, as long as your gas key is staked well I don't think it'll matter that much. I could be wrong though, as I'm relatively inexperienced with failure points and many of the more technical details.

ABNAK
07-07-13, 09:00
I believe CMT is mil-spec and has been producing parts for the military for years. It would be rather redundant spec-wise to switch to a DD or BCM unless you want to burn more $$$.

308sako
07-07-13, 11:54
If your current carrier is properly staked as mentioned above... money could be far better spent in many other areas.

Hmac
07-07-13, 12:04
Stag stuff is pretty good. I've had a Stag 2T for many years that currently has about 8000 rounds through it without a problem. If you're worried about it, buy an additional BCG to keep as a spare. I don't shoot the Stag much these days and used the BCM BCG that I kept as a spare in another build a few years ago. I carried just a spare bolt for awhile, now I just carry a spare rifle.

Airhasz
07-07-13, 12:16
I have a Stag Arm rifle that I really love. Like most of us we are always looking to up grade different parts. The question is this is the bolt Carrier Stag provides worth exchanging for a LMT or BCM? I believe Stag uses their parent companies bolt carrier from CMT. I have nothing wrong with my current bolt carrier just wondering if it is even worth the money right now or not.

Thanks

If your current setup is sending bullets reliably downrange...don't waste your money.

Ultimate_respect
07-07-13, 12:55
Great infomation to know that I really do not need a new bolt carrier.