PDA

View Full Version : Build finally finished

Endur
07-08-13, 11:39
Well it has been a long time coming on this one. Started out as a piston build and went the other direction after a lot of reading; given that you will know why I chose some of the parts I did. It was only a partial build as I bought a complete upper and built the lower. I just went to the range this weekend and put 300 rounds through it and no malfunctions and all ejection was at about 4 o'clock. It was all Lake City XM855. Not a lot of rounds but it was better than nothing. Still a few things I want to get like a Geissele trigger (havn't decided which one I want yet), a T-1 with a LT660 mount. I also need a light but havn't decided on that either. I was thinking about a BCM Mod-0 comp as well.

Upper:
BCM BFH 16" upper with Centurian Arms rail
BCM bcg
Troy folding M4 style front battle sight
Troy folding di-optic rear battle sight
BCM Gunfighter CH Mod-4

Lower:
Noveske chainsaw Gen-II lower
PWS enhanced buffer tube
Daniel Defense lpk
Yankee hill take down and pivot pins
KNS anti-rotational pins (yeah I know but losing when I swap the trigger)
B.A.D.-A.S.S. ambi-selector
BCM h-buffer
BCM carbine spring

All furniture is Magpul and the sling is a BFG padded VCAS.

Not my hand in the pic.
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h212/KungFuHyphy/image_zps6f4f8378.jpg
http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h212/KungFuHyphy/image_zps8a2926b9.jpg

RMiller
07-08-13, 12:06
KNS anti-rotation pins?!:eek:

Looks like a good solid build man. Should serve you well. How does she run?

rackham1
07-08-13, 12:09
That looks like a winner. Nicely done.

Do DD parts kits not come with takedown and pivot pins?

Endur
07-08-13, 12:13
KNS anti-rotation pins?!:eek:

Looks like a good solid build man. Should serve you well. How does she run?

Yeah I bought those back in December of 2011 when I first started buying parts and didn't know they were pointless unless shooting auto. I got them because I noticed some pins rolling out on our m4's.

It shoots great for the little amount I fired it. Apparently it is extremely loud because a guy from the lane next to mine (it had lanes ranging from 10yds to 200yds and separated by berms) came over asking what I was shooting.

Endur
07-08-13, 12:14
That looks like a winner. Nicely done.

Do DD parts kits not come with takedown and pivot pins?

It did but I liked those ones better but I will probably end up swapping them for Noveske ones.

Wake27
07-08-13, 12:15
Very nice man, I just got the same upper in 14.5" with the BCM comp.

RMiller
07-08-13, 12:18
Yeah I bought those back in December of 2011 when I first started buying parts and didn't know they were pointless unless shooting auto. I got them because I noticed some pins rolling out on our m4's.

It shoots great for the little amount I fired it. Apparently it is extremely loud because a guy from the lane next to mine (it had lanes ranging from 10yds to 200yds and separated by berms) came over asking what I was shooting.

Yea, he thinks that's loud, throw a comp or brake on there! An A2 is nothin.

WickedWillis
07-08-13, 12:39
Great looking rifle and thank you for sharing it with us! Gives me the head up to put my rifle on here now that it's complete.

Endur
07-10-13, 21:47
I plan to get it cerakoted either flat patriot brown or burnt bronze some time after I get a T-1. Anyone know a place to send it to besides Rainier?

Col_Crocs
07-10-13, 21:53
Upper looks solid. Why that buffer tube though? I dont know when you started buying but you couldve gotten an A5 kits for a lot less money.

RearwardAssist
07-10-13, 21:57
I plan to get it cerakoted either flat patriot brown or burnt bronze some time after I get a T-1. Anyone know a place to send it to besides Rainier?

www.acoating.com seen some of their work looks pretty good.

Quiet-Matt
07-10-13, 22:04
Looks good. It's almost comical how everyone feels the need to justify the use of KNS pins. They always seem to lead to some mini debate. Are they un-necessary? Yes. Do they cause any problems? No.
Hey, its not like you built some DPMS oracle POS. Its a fine gun. Enjoy.

Endur
07-10-13, 22:15
Upper looks solid. Why that buffer tube though? I dont know when you started buying but you couldve gotten an A5 kits for a lot less money.

I got it back when I was planning to build a piston ar. I went a different direction and decided to save a piston build for my SBR as I plan to shoot suppressed with it. I plan to start my SBR next year after I save and will put that PWS one on it and probably go to a standard mil-spec RE or an A5 on this one.

As far as the KNS pins that was before I knew better. :suicide2:

Tonyparson
07-10-13, 22:42
Now that's a sweet looking AR. I'm planning on ordering a Noveske chainsaw lower soon, for a build.

Gadsden11
07-10-13, 23:46
Nice looking rig man!! You mentioned the Noveske takedown and pivot pins, they are pretty damn nice!

Endur
07-11-13, 00:35
Nice looking rig man!! You mentioned the Noveske takedown and pivot pins, they are pretty damn nice!

Yeah I just ordered a set yesterday. :big_boss:

Hinterland
07-25-13, 18:58
Love those Gen II lowers!

Tzed250
07-25-13, 19:14
Nice build. I chose many of the same parts that you used for my carbine.

Tzook
07-27-13, 13:58
Hey I dig the KNS pins, they may be pointless but they look sweet. It's not like they add weight anyway ;)