PDA

View Full Version : Will a piston damage a pressure switch mounted above where the gas is released?

scoob
07-08-13, 19:40
If I am going to get an LWRC m6a2 and usually run a light pressure switch at the 12 o'clock position, will the gases being released right under the pressure switch damage it? These switches are expensive and if there will be a problem I'll just get used to a new hold.

MistWolf
07-08-13, 20:00
I don't think the gas released has much pressure or heat. When I shoot my Para FAL with my hand up by the gas block, it's not till afterwards that I notice the powder stains on my hand. Residue would probably be your biggest worry

scoob
07-08-13, 20:16
I noticed a little bit of heat while shooting a few other piston guns but never anything which was uncomfortable. I just figured I would ask to see if anyone has had a problem with it.

Tzook
07-08-13, 21:37
I can't speak much to the LWRC, but I have had an Adams piston gun in the past that does get pretty damn hot if you're shooting a lot of rounds quickly.

Hot enough to damage a pressure switch? That I'm not sure on, but it certainly does seem possible.