PDA

View Full Version : New Guy From Fort Worth

Jeffro2912
07-09-13, 13:19
Hello All,

I've been lurking here for a while and figured I would throw out a quick intro.

Most of my experience with guns has been in the Marine Corps and I've only been shooting outside of the Corps for the last year or so. I'm really hoping to garner as much information as possible from the wealth of knowledge available here. Also, looking to do a few classes later this year to improve my skillset and my abilities with the AR platform. Thanks for having me.

Jeff

weggy
07-09-13, 17:16
Welcome aboard.

Airhasz
07-09-13, 21:03
Welcome Jeffro!
What rifle system are you currently running?

Jeffro2912
07-10-13, 08:22
Welcome Jeffro!
What rifle system are you currently running?

I was utilizing a Spikes Tactical/PSA build that I had done, but after doing some research decided to sell it and I just ordered a BCM RECCE 14.5 that should be here within a week. Super excited to take it out and put it through the paces!

Shorts
07-10-13, 09:01
Hey Jeff, good to see a familiar face (I'm assuming you are the Jeff I know from the group gathering at the burger joint a little while ago). :D Anyway, welcome.

Jeffro2912
07-10-13, 09:05
Hey Jeff, good to see a familiar face (I'm assuming you are the Jeff I know from the group gathering at the burger joint a little while ago). :D Anyway, welcome.

That would be me, what are the odds (pretty high since its the internet I guess, lol). Thanks Shorts, but this site is a lot more relevant to my interests than TGT, although I plan to frequent both. Glad I found it.

Airhasz
07-10-13, 09:12
I was utilizing a Spikes Tactical/PSA build that I had done, but after doing some research decided to sell it and I just ordered a BCM RECCE 14.5 that should be here within a week. Super excited to take it out and put it through the paces!

Good move on the Bravo Recce. Hell, I'm excited and I'm not even the one waiting for it...:p Let us know how you like it and how it shoots. Post a pic of that new BCM when you get a chance!

Shorts
07-10-13, 09:13
That would be me, what are the odds (pretty high since its the internet I guess, lol). Thanks Shorts, but this site is a lot more relevant to my interests than TGT, although I plan to frequent both. Glad I found it.

Small world for sure.

M4C and TGT are certainly different. Your plan to run between both is what I do to depending on what I need. You will see the strengths and weaknesses of each pretty quick. I'm glad I found this place. The perspective it offers is exceptional.

I saw you selling your rifle. Figured you were up to something. Hope your BCM comes in soon. That will be a treat.

Jeffro2912
07-10-13, 09:32
Good move on the Bravo Recce. Hell, I'm excited and I'm not even the one waiting for it...:p Let us know how you like it and how it shoots. Post a pic of that new BCM when you get a chance!

Ha, imagine how I feel, lol. I will post pics asap.

Jeffro2912
07-10-13, 09:35
Small world for sure.

M4C and TGT are certainly different. Your plan to run between both is what I do to depending on what I need. You will see the strengths and weaknesses of each pretty quick. I'm glad I found this place. The perspective it offers is exceptional.

I saw you selling your rifle. Figured you were up to something. Hope your BCM comes in soon. That will be a treat.

Your absolutely right. I find myself coming here mostly for the technical info and the training info, something TGT is not really geared towards.

RMiller
07-10-13, 09:38

You get that from Grant did you? That's was a deal over at GandR.

And good choice. That BCM will RUN

Jeffro2912
07-10-13, 09:42
You get that from Grant did you? That's was a deal over at GandR.

And good choice. That BCM will RUN

Sure did, good people with good prices. Thanks, most everything I read pointed to BCM so I figured I couldn't go wrong.

RMiller
07-10-13, 09:46
Sure did, good people with good prices. Thanks, most everything I read pointed to BCM so I figured I couldn't go wrong.

I just picked up a plane jane 14.5" BCM upper out of the EE here and couldn't be happier with it.

TacCommE21
07-10-13, 18:27
Welcome to the party!

SeriousStudent
07-10-13, 21:51
Uh oh, a friend of Shorts - we are all doomed. :D

Just kidding! Welcome aboard, and congrats on your new BCM. I am partial to them myself; my go-to HD carbine is a BCM middy.

Take a moment or two, and read the stickies in the technical forums. You'll find a wealth of info that will save you time and money with your new carbine.

Jeffro2912
07-10-13, 21:57
Uh oh, a friend of Shorts - we are all doomed. :D

Just kidding! Welcome aboard, and congrats on your new BCM. I am partial to them myself; my go-to HD carbine is a BCM middy.

Take a moment or two, and read the stickies in the technical forums. You'll find a wealth of info that will save you time and money with your new carbine.

Lol, hey, when she posts it's always good and knowledgable info, even if she makes someone look dumb in the process :)

I've been reading a lot for a while now, trying to learn everything I can, the stickies have definitely been a good starting point.

Shorts
07-10-13, 22:03
Feed us after midnight and we multiply :lol:

Jeff, you wanna keep tabs with SeriousStudent. He's good people.

RMiller
07-10-13, 22:11
This is some of the best information somebody can give here.

SeriousStudent
07-10-13, 22:19

Jeff, you wanna keep tabs with SeriousStudent. He's good people.

Un-possible. According to several PM's I have received in the last month, I am an evil, vile, petty, hateful old man, who exists only to censor and oppress.

And apparently my parents were unmarried when I was born, too. :p

Norinco
07-10-13, 22:19
Welcome Jeff!

Shorts
07-10-13, 22:24
Un-possible. According to several PM's I have received in the last month, I am an evil, vile, petty, hateful old man, who exists only to censor and oppress.

Great! I'm already falling in with the wrong crowd. :shout:

Jeffro2912
07-12-13, 09:36

You sir, sound like good company, lol. I think we will get along just fine, especially if Shorts vouches for you.

BTW, thanks to everyone who has stopped in to welcome me, I appreciate the warm welcome.