PDA

View Full Version : Broken front sight

serbonze
07-10-13, 10:46
*The manufacturer has already been contacted and they are sending me a new front sight. I’m just curious to know if anyone else has experienced this.*

I had an interesting experience during my last class. I was in the middle of a drill and I started completely missing the target. A cease fire was called, and the instructor walked up and poked my front sight and it flopped over to the side, which was certainly unexpected. I swapped out pistols (always have an extra, right?) and continued on with the day. My initial thought was that the loctite had failed and the front sight had loosened. Upon inspection, I noticed that the front sight had actually cracked around the threads. The picture is fuzzy, but it’s the best that I could do with my phone.

Has anyone else see this happen? Sights were purchased new and have been on for a little over a year.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a245/Serbonze/CX4/photo_zps549c6905.jpg

davidjinks
07-11-13, 19:48
Yes, I just had a front sight replaced not too long ago. However mine broke while removing it from a Glock 22. Pretty much looked exactly like yours.

The sights were the RB1 sights. Front sight was replaced within 48 hours with excellent CS from everyone.

What sights were you using?

serbonze
07-11-13, 20:07
The sights are Trijicon HD installed on a Glock 19. Customer service has been less than stellar, but I'll wait until I have the replacement front sight in hand to comment further.

T2C
07-11-13, 20:12
I have only seen this when a do it yourself gunsmith tightens the front sight retention screw too tight. If the sight was installed at the factory, they should make this right.

serbonze
07-11-13, 20:31
I have only seen this when a do it yourself gunsmith tightens the front sight retention screw too tight. If the sight was installed at the factory, they should make this right.

Interesting, I had not considered that but will remember that for future installs. I did not install these myself. The shop where I bought the sights offered to take the slide back to the bench and install them for me.