PDA

View Full Version : My experience with KT-Mech Kydex

eghegh
07-10-13, 12:51
This is my first post, but I thought it'd be suitable to post a short review of KT-Mech Kydex holsters. While looking for a new holster (I had previously only used a BladeTech holster that came with my M&P 9 range kit) I was concerned about the weapon light fit since most custom kydex holster manufacturers generally do not make holsters specifically for older Surefire X200s. After coming across KT-Mech from a friend's suggestion, I emailed them regarding my concern and they emailed me back within minutes letting me know that the X300 and X200 have closely similar dimensions, but none that will effect the overall fit. I went ahead and ordered their "Defender" model in coyote and received my order in five business days. While researching custom kydex holsters I had found the the shortest wait times were around 3-4 weeks and some of the bigger known manufacturers had wait times at around six months; so needless to say I was beyond surprised and happy that my holster was finished in a week. The finished product was impressive to say the least and met all of my expectations: the fit was snug but not overly tight to where re-holstering would be an issue and durability does not seem to be a factor and since KT-Mech uses KYDEX® Thermoplastic Sheets I would have little reason to believe the holster should not last a good while. If anyone is looking for a new kydex holster or mag carrier I highly suggest you check out kt-mech.com. Great products and great customer service.

tom frost
07-10-13, 19:31
I think I just read a post/thread very similar to this on the M&P forum....

Is this advertising? If so, you should be more up front about it.

eghegh
07-10-13, 22:53
No sir, just wanted to share my experience with my first kydex holster purchase seeing as how there are a multitude of companies and manufacturers out there. I debated on which company to purchase from and was ultimately deciding between OTG and Bravo Concealment until a close friend purchased two holsters from KT and I was impressed with the fit, quality, and turnaround time.

tom frost
07-11-13, 05:14
Fair enough, it looks like a quality holster.