PDA

View Full Version : MAGPUL Advanced Carbine (MAC) May 10-12

DrDrake
04-11-08, 18:02
ATS Training Facility, Altha, Florida
May 10-12, 2008
(MAC) Description:
MAGPUL will conduct training for Civilian, Corporate, Government, Law Enforcement, and Military clients. This course is designed around how you will behave during a dynamic stress engagement. Our training motive is not to tell you what works, we will simply advise you and through our training techniques and drills you will be able to prove to yourself under stress what works for you. Our goal is to make you a more efficient shooter which in the end goal makes you a more effective shooter. We achieve this through teaching theory’s and methods that work and maximizing consistently in our training.
This course will ingrain combat mindset and thoroughly cover proper gear selection and placement, terminal ballistics, rapid threat analysis and acquisition, shooting on the move, multiple target engagement, weapon and reaction hand shooting, malfunctions, transitions, natural and improvised shooting positions, barricade shooting, shooting from vehicles, low light shooting, Individual and team confidence enhancement shooting, reflexive live fire movement drills and much more.
How you solve certain problems whether you’re solo or running with a team can influence your survival during tactical situations. Training will range from the 3m line out to 300m if the facility permits or to the host facilities furthest point.
(MAC) Do you have the RIGHT STUFF?
Students need to posses the basic fundamentals of marksmanship in both the use of their primary weapon system and their secondary weapon system. If you understand those basic principles and can acquire good shot group placements and can conduct basic weapons handling safely around others then we would like to work with you.
This course teaches methods that inculcate dynamic responses to critical stress incidents by incorporating a defensive mind set with our shooting fundamentals, drills, and scenario based training. Therefore you must be in good physical health to qualify for this course. This is not a thrash course; however you will be required to train with what your body does naturally under dynamic stress situations which will require you to get in and out of multiple shooting positions and some running.
We will move you outside your normal comfort zone and increase your overall ability to solve shoot, move, and communication problems.

Hardware:
 A functional Carbine or Submachine gun chambered in 5.56x45, 5.45x39 or 7.62x39mm or standard pistol caliber weapon systems. It doesn’t matter what high-speed Jedi master gadgets and gizmos you want to bring, a weapon system that works is more important and if you have a spare primary bring it. Having a spare bolt and carrier matched to that weapon would be a good idea as well. Please bring a gun cleaning kit and any tools that are compatible with the weapon system you intend to bring. For your primary weapon you will need a minimum of 6 working magazines, for your secondary weapon system you will need a minimum of 3 working magazines. Remember sometimes magazines will make it in your dump bag and sometimes they won’t, if they hit the ground they can start to get fouled causing weapon malfunctions. Please remember the reason for taking this course is to train as much as possible, you want to spend less time dealing with weapon related problems and more time shooting and moving.
KIT
 Note pad, and Pen/pencil
 Clothing suited to strenuous type activity as well as being seasonally appropriate
 Appropriate foot wear
 Rain Gear / Cold weather gear (seasonal)
 Ear pro, which will handle the noise of 5.56 going off next to you. (Electronic preferred)
 Eye pro, which wraps around, and clear lenses for night shoots.
 Baseball style hat recommended
 Primary weapon sling, single point, or a good system that allows flexibility for transitions and reaction side weapon manipulations.
 A rig that can carry a minimum of four (4) primary magazines on your person.
 Functioning secondary weapon system, and three working magazines
 A holster and magazine pouch that will retain your equipment when moving.
 Primary weapon mounted light with spare bulbs and batteries.
 Secondary weapon mounted or handheld light, with spare bulbs and batteries.
 Tools that work on your weapon, ie wrenches, screw drivers, etc.
 Weapons Lube
 Optics will require adjustment tools and spare batteries.
 Water hydrating device.
 Knee and Elbow pads. (optional)
 Gloves (optional)
 Insect Repellent (Hey it’s FL)
 Bring an open mind.
Ammunition:
• A minimum of 2000 Rounds of Primary ammunition that will function in your weapon.
• A minimum of 1000 Rounds of Secondary ammunition that will function in your weapon.

• This course will be a will have a maximum allowance of 18 students.
• The course cost will be $450.00 paid to Magpul Training Division

Please contact Brain at ATS for lodging, food, and Range fee
Brian Payne
Training Coordinator - Camp ARES
Cell- 850.272.4482
Office- 850 762-3616
brian@atstacticalgear.com

For payment please contact:
MAGPUL TRAINING DIVISION
Office- 1.877.4MAGPUL
Fax- 303.828.3469

R/S,

Christopher E. Costa & Travis D. Haley
Magpul Training Division
www.magpul.com

USMC03
04-11-08, 18:09
Awesome oppertunity. I look forward to training with Magpul's new Training Division in the near future!!!

S/F,
Jeff

C4IGrant
04-11-08, 18:51
Chris and Travis are two outstanding guys that really know their chit. Anyone looking for training should check them out.

C4

Derek_Connor
04-11-08, 19:07
Im in....BOOM.

BookHound
04-12-08, 20:27
Derek and I just took basically this class from Chris Costa. I posted an AAR about it in the Training section. Awesome class. You WILL not be sorry.

Mark

Derek_Connor
04-13-08, 17:35
Derek and I just took basically this class from Chris Costa. I posted an AAR about it in the Training section. Awesome class. You WILL not be sorry.

Mark

Agreed.

Chris + Travis + Altha = legondary WIN.

RichFitz
04-15-08, 00:25
MAGPUL Advanced Carbine (MAC)
ATS Training Facility, Altha, Florida
May 10-12, 2008

http://www.magpul.com/pics/mac1.jpg

http://www.magpul.com/pics/mac2.jpg

http://www.magpul.com/pics/mac3.jpg

costa
04-15-08, 10:21
For those of you that are able to attend I promise you won't be disappointed, This is a run and gun style course and between Travis and I you'll be asking us to please stop the madness (in a good way). Bring a spare primary if you have one and if not we will lend you one of ours.

Training at "ARES" will be like camp winahpaniki, but with guns.

sincerely,
Costa

Hawkeye
04-15-08, 10:33
C, glad to have you on board here.

Hawkeye
04-15-08, 10:34
http://www.magpul.com/pics/mac2.jpg

Oh snap. :D

Now....... about that hat......

Derek_Connor
04-15-08, 13:00
The more people who tell me to burn that hat makes me want to hold onto it....forever.:D

costa
04-15-08, 13:59
I think your hat is gorgeous, I say keep wearing it until you get some un-diagnosable rash.

CarlosDJackal
04-15-08, 14:11
The more people who tell me to burn that hat makes me want to hold onto it....forever.:D

Hold onto it. You may be able to get a lot for it on ebay someday. :p

Rich776
04-15-08, 19:36
Does MAGPUL have training for Carbine basics for a first timer? I'm looking forward to taking a class in the future. Thanks

SIMPLYDYNAMIC
04-15-08, 21:47
Does MAGPUL have training for Carbine basics for a first timer? I'm looking forward to taking a class in the future. Thanks

We sure do... Keep an eye out on the Magpul website; we will be releasing a new schedule for the rest of the year very soon. Please contact costa@magpul.com for more details or IM him on finding a course in your area.

ErnieB
04-16-08, 00:32

I think the hat looks like it just got broken in! :D

When I can smell my hat on my head I know it's just about perfect.

exitinyourhead
04-16-08, 00:54
wow that poor van....

SIMPLYDYNAMIC
04-28-08, 13:39
2 seats left...

Taking 18 max.

Matt Edwards
04-29-08, 08:38
The burning of "Pig Pen's" hat is NOT authorized.
Just wanted to clear that up...
Matt

Derek_Connor
04-29-08, 13:31
The burning of "Pig Pen's" hat is NOT authorized.
Just wanted to clear that up...
Matt

Damn straight - I got the memo right here.......

Stephen_H
04-30-08, 14:47
From the recent Pat Rogers Carbine class at Camp Ares. Note that his hands, hat, carbine, and gear are all the same indescribable shade of gunk:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/stephen_101st/Gear/Pigpen.jpg

Derek_Connor
04-30-08, 14:51
From the recent Pat Rogers Carbine class at Camp Ares. Note that his hands, hat, carbine, and gear are all the same indescribable shade of gunk:D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/stephen_101st/Gear/Pigpen.jpg

someone needs to inform that guy its ok to be clean.....

Stephen_H
04-30-08, 14:53
someone needs to inform that guy its ok to be clean.....

LOL Brother, you could always claim it is some form of field expedient urban camouflage:p At least your hat didn't have "That Girl" across the back:D

Stephen

Matt Edwards
04-30-08, 16:10
If I didn't know any better, I'd say I'm growing out of the back of Derek's head.

Derek_Connor
04-30-08, 16:24
If I didn't know any better, I'd say I'm growing out of the back of Derek's head.

"look at the size of the melon!.....it has its own weather systeeem!"

USMC88-93
05-01-08, 00:34
It would appear that any courses of this sort I would have to travel out of state to. Unless Magpul has one of these shoot houses in their own back yard.

I would like to attend at least the "Basic course" I have comfort with my weapon (haven't had to sleep with one in a long time) but I am more than sure I would feel a little clumsy and slow with regards to these courses.

With regards to the magazine harnesses and pouches I know you could find something for almost any purpose. Any suggestions if I would be buying from scratch for the express purposes of one of these courses. The last web gear I ever had was 782 late 80's type stuff. Before all the evolution of purpose built items.

SIMPLYDYNAMIC
05-01-08, 13:57

[IG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v342/stephen_101st/Gear/Pigpen.jpg[/IMG]

Wait till you see him after this course....;)

We have decided since Derrik is coming to this course that there will be only one drill in the course in order to pass...

Each shooter has to be able to shoot on the move from the 10 to the 3 while wearing his hat... If anyone can make it without vomiting, they pass and get an ACR and life time supply of head and shoulders...

SIMPLYDYNAMIC
05-01-08, 14:03
It would appear that any courses of this sort I would have to travel out of state to. Unless Magpul has one of these shoot houses in their own back yard.

I would like to attend at least the "Basic course" I have comfort with my weapon (haven't had to sleep with one in a long time) but I am more than sure I would feel a little clumsy and slow with regards to these courses.

With regards to the magazine harnesses and pouches I know you could find something for almost any purpose. Any suggestions if I would be buying from scratch for the express purposes of one of these courses. The last web gear I ever had was 782 late 80's type stuff. Before all the evolution of purpose built items.

Hey Marine,

We are working on sheduling courses in CO soon so keep an ey on the schedule from time to time.

As for gear for the purpose of these type of courses only, I would suggest a gun belt with a couple of kydex mag pouches for both pistol and carbine to keep it simple. Now if you wanted to take it to the next level and look for a like of Load bearing system well there are many in the gear threads on this forum that would fit the bill and not be to exspensive. here is an example...
http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=11257

Derek_Connor
05-01-08, 14:37
Wait till you see him after this course....;)

We have decided since Derrik is coming to this course that there will be only one drill in the course in order to pass...

Each shooter has to be able to shoot on the move from the 10 to the 3 while wearing his hat... If anyone can make it without vomiting, they pass and get an ACR and life time supply of head and shoulders...

And if you can shoot from the 25 to the 3, you get the 7.62 lower.....

SIMPLYDYNAMIC
05-02-08, 01:44
And if you can shoot from the 25 to the 3, you get the 7.62 lower.....

How about that Battlerifle upper too to go with it? Hell, I'll wear that stinky rodient for the whole course for that!

vitiaz
05-03-08, 10:11
Altha...geez, I grew up in Blountstown. Great to see that civilization has come to the Panhandle. "Gunk" attire has been fully fashionable there for a long time.