PDA

View Full Version : Would a sling like this solve my issue? See photo

italius222
07-11-13, 21:20
I want a sling that will fix my issue. The issue im having is my rifle wont stay flat and vertical on my back. It's a 2 point sling i believe. It connects to the front under the barrel and the very end of the buttstock. Will a sling that connects in one spot like this one fix my problem?

RalphK.
07-11-13, 21:32
Not really...

Single point slings are only good for one thing...dropping your long gun, letting it hang when transitioning to your secondary weapon.

You can't do much work w/ a single point sling...LEO's perspective anyways, even when the gun is pulled tight to your body.

Get yourself a Blueforce gear vickers 2 point sling...if you're running n gunning w/ armor go non padded and if you're running slick padded is the way to go.

Swing it to your back, cinch it and you're gtg.

italius222
07-11-13, 21:35
What if i want a sling for my larue obr 20" barrel. I would assume the 2 point also?

kest_01
07-11-13, 21:38
Are you wearing body armor or any other kit? What sling are you rocking now? I've found that a two point adjustable sling ( BFG VCAS or VTAC ) fulfills about 90% of my needs. For those times when I need both hands and don't want the rifle slung across my back I use something like this, http://www.skdtac.com/Eagle-Slung-Weapon-Belt-Catch-p/eag.118.htm

italius222
07-11-13, 21:41
Yes, I will be wearing armor, i have a utg 2 point sling right now

RalphK.
07-11-13, 21:42
You want 20" swinging between your legs???

Don't answer that...LOL

italius222
07-11-13, 21:43
Are you wearing body armor or any other kit? What sling are you rocking now? I've found that a two point adjustable sling ( BFG VCAS or VTAC ) fulfills about 90% of my needs. For those times when I need both hands and don't want the rifle slung across my back I use something like this, http://www.skdtac.com/Eagle-Slung-Weapon-Belt-Catch-p/eag.118.htm

Do u attach that eagle belt catch to ur back or belly of ur belt? Or even to ur armor?

italius222
07-11-13, 21:44
You want 20" swinging between your legs???

Don't answer that...LOL

Haha, no i dont want 20" swinging between my legs, even in another context, how do u "get off" with 20"? Haha

RalphK.
07-11-13, 21:45
Hold on for a second...

Ok, you're rocking armor...for what may I ask???

Military, LEO work or???

italius222
07-11-13, 21:47
Hold on for a second...

Ok, you're rocking armor...for what may I ask???

Military, LEO work or???

If the shit hits the fan. Im a civi. Not military

RalphK.
07-11-13, 21:50
Well in that case you won't be doing much breaching, cuffing or hands on so the gun can hang I guess.

I still say go for the vickers BFG sling but run couple moving and shooting drills w/ a single point w/ a secondary transition sprinkled in and see how it feels.

italius222
07-11-13, 21:54
Ok, cool ill try it out. I jus dont like what i have now cause no matter how tight i make it or loose, i feel like im going to get caught and hung up on shit when im movin and using my sidearm if in the event i run dry on my primary

kest_01
07-11-13, 21:55
I'm military and only rock that when running full kit, but I attach it to my first line belt weak side behind my ammo pouches.

italius222
07-11-13, 21:56
I'm military and only rock that when running full kit, but I attach it to my first line belt weak side behind my ammo pouches.

Sorry but i can't remember, which is your first line belt? :lol:

kest_01
07-11-13, 22:00
Some kind of battle belt for me its this, http://www.skdtac.com/Velocity-Systems-Operator-s-Utility-Belt-OUB-p/vss.200.htm
Basically a MOLLE belt where you can attach shit too, instead of having it all on your PC.

italius222
07-11-13, 22:02
Oh, got yah, perfect cause i have that same one, and velocity tactical armor actually, lol. Awesome, thanks for your help guys

NeoNeanderthal
07-11-13, 22:16
Your issue is not your sling. but your attachment point. Attaching a 2-point under your barrel sucks. You want your rear point on your buttstock or receiver endplate...and your front point somewhere on the weak side of your rail/handguard. There are plenty of ways to do it without a rail (BFG universal wire loop is one.)

With that being said- that sling sucks and a vickers sling attached properly will make a world of a difference.

dash1
07-12-13, 10:48
How I understand your question is that you want to be able to sling the AR on your back so you can transition to a pistol. Correct? If so, I would suggest to let the rifle hang on your front when you transition to a pistol. It would be quicker to just let the rifle hang as you go for your secondary. I've never had problems with the rifle getting caught up when it's hanging in the front.

As has been suggested the Vickers sling is a good choice. I use the VTAC sling, I think it's a really good option too.

ra2bach
07-12-13, 11:53
I want a sling that will fix my issue. The issue im having is my rifle wont stay flat and vertical on my back. It's a 2 point sling i believe. It connects to the front under the barrel and the very end of the buttstock. Will a sling that connects in one spot like this one fix my problem?

the factory sling mounts under the front sight and buttstock are for a "carry" sling. modern technique of using a carbine integrated with a secondary weapon dictate the use of a more evolved sling as current mounts are located on the side. I prefer mounting the front at a point close to the receiver on the near side and the rear point on the outside of the buttstock...

ra2bach
07-12-13, 12:07
Jason Falla of Redback 1 teaches a sling method that I've only seen him advocate. in normal carry, he does not pass the sling over his shoulder but only over his neck. if he has tasks which require the gun to be stored behind him, he slips his right arm through it and moves it back there.

it helps if you have a sling that can be adjusted long like the VTAC. here's a pretty good instructional video of different techniques that features that sling but is relevant to almost any two point of sufficient length -- http://www.vikingtactics.com/videos/pop-instr_video1_sling.html

Abraham
07-13-13, 13:51
Can either sling, be it a VCAS or VTAC 2 point sling - be used properly if the front swivel is fixed, located just in front of the forearm, as the Colt LE 6920 comes with already installed?

(I hope that's clear?)

Or, do I have to install an after market side mounted sling in order to adapt it for proper 2 point sling use?

Thanks!