PDA

View Full Version : G23 mag with Glock +2, what spring?

Dos Cylindros
07-13-13, 17:05
I was thinking about throwing a couple of Glock +2 extensions onto some of my G23 mags. My question is what spring should I run? I know the 26/27, 19/23 all use the same mag spring, should I go up to a 17/22 mag spring or have you guys had success with the stock 19/23 mag springs when coupled with a +2 extension? Thanks in advance for any info you guys can provide.

SPDGG
07-13-13, 17:45
imho:

Probably nothing wrong with the factory spring for a "set" time, but I'd run Wolff +10% Springs.

Honestly, before spending money on adding capacity to a G23 mag: Glock Insert, Glock +2 BasePad, "+" Spring . . . I'd put those funds towards G22 Mags instead.

Also, My preference for magazine +/capacity base pads are from Arredondo. Arredondo Extended Base Pad Kits that include the Wolff +10% Spring already. Never had one bust from dropping on a hard surface. Assembly/Dis-assembly for cleaning is Very Easy/Nice with the Arredondo Base Pads.

CoryCop25
07-13-13, 18:13
I just had an armorer re cert on Tuesday. This one works best and will fix the .40 S&W WML issue.
Part #2551 11 coil spring.

Dos Cylindros
07-13-13, 18:39
imho:

Probably nothing wrong with the factory spring for a "set" time, but I'd run Wolff +10% Springs.

Honestly, before spending money on adding capacity to a G23 mag: Glock Insert, Glock +2 BasePad, "+" Spring . . . I'd put those funds towards G22 Mags instead.

Also, My preference for magazine +/capacity base pads are from Arredondo. Arredondo Extended Base Pad Kits that include the Wolff +10% Spring already. Never had one bust from dropping on a hard surface. Assembly/Dis-assembly for cleaning is Very Easy/Nice with the Arredondo Base Pads.

Thanks, I already have 2 of the Glock extensions laying around, so I only need to pick up the springs. I also have plenty of 22 mags. I was just thinking of how I could put the extensions I have lying around to good use. I don't own a 22 anymore as my dept. switched to the M&P 40 for duty use. I was just thinking about throwing a couple on my G23 mags as the 22 mags that I have are very old and for range use only now.

Dos Cylindros
07-13-13, 18:39
I just had an armorer re cert on Tuesday. This one works best and will fix the .40 S&W WML issue.

Sounds good, I'll pick some up.

walkin' trails
07-14-13, 09:30
I also use Wolff extra power springs for the extenders. Wolff springs tend to last a long time and cure frame flex and magazine-related problems such as malfunctions when mounting weapons lights.

ST911
07-14-13, 10:03

This is correct. If using the standard capacity G23 magazine with a (+) base, use an 11 coil. Remember that in .40 Auto, the (+) only adds one round, not two.

Echo others suggesting using a G22 magazine instead.

Dos Cylindros
07-14-13, 11:39
This is correct. If using the standard capacity G23 magazine with a (+) base, use an 11 coil. Remember that in .40 Auto, the (+) only adds one round, not two.

Thanks. I live in CA, and even though I'm an LEO, getting standard capacity mags is still a pain in the arse. I am aware that the +2 only adds one in .40. I will order up some Wolff or the factory 11 coil.

davidjinks
07-14-13, 12:14
Glock OEM 11 coil magazine spring.

Wolff Gunsprings makes a specific mag spring for use with the Glock extensions.

I was thinking about throwing a couple of Glock +2 extensions onto some of my G23 mags. My question is what spring should I run? I know the 26/27, 19/23 all use the same mag spring, should I go up to a 17/22 mag spring or have you guys had success with the stock 19/23 mag springs when coupled with a +2 extension? Thanks in advance for any info you guys can provide.

CoryCop25
07-14-13, 17:16

The + adds 2 rounds to .40 and 3 to 9MM. (or how they were originally designed)
I have several of these mags for 9 and 40 and all the 40s accept 2 rounds and some to the 9s accept 3 and some only 2. I think this is because Glock has several different magazine springs. I have some standard G22 mags at work that won't accept round #15 unless you smash it in (these mags I recommend that they guys down load).

I also recommend the use of the G22 mag instead.