PDA

View Full Version : Rifle stock staking

Mall_Ninja
07-14-13, 02:55
I have been reading through the stickies for a couple weeks now. I see tons of threads on staking carbine castle nuts. Not ONE thread on staking an A2 extension.

Why not?

Iraqgunz
07-14-13, 03:08
Maybe you need to re-read them. The rifle extension does not mount the same way and there is nothing to stake. The stock slides over the tube and the screw in the rear is tightened and pulls it into the tube.

Mall_Ninja
07-14-13, 03:31
Maybe you need to re-read them. The rifle extension does not mount the same way and there is nothing to stake. The stock slides over the tube and the screw in the rear is tightened and pulls it into the tube.

Surprising behavior from a moderator! :rolleyes:

I actually am quite familiar with how the A2 and carbine stocks/extensions work. I have built many rifles, as no one sells them the way I like, stock.

Why not instead elucidate as to why its earth shattering if your carbine castle nut isnt double staked, when an A2 doesnt have this ability, yet that never seems to be a problem? :confused:

SW-Shooter
07-14-13, 03:34

I actually am quite familiar with how the A2 and carbine stocks/extensions work. I have built many rifles, as no one sells them the way I like, stock.

Why not instead elucidate as to why its earth shattering if your carbine castle nut isnt double staked, when an A2 doesnt have this ability, yet that never seems to be a problem? :confused:

I think you just got caught asking a dumb ass question and now you're trying to back track by posting some bullshit to someone that called you out. You must be a :jester:

Iraqgunz
07-14-13, 03:53
Ponder this. You obviously don't know what you are talking about. Save yourself now and don't bother with a silly reply.