PDA

View Full Version : TLR-1 Glock remote

AFshirt
07-14-13, 08:15
I've been trying to find someone who has the Glock remote for a TLR-1 light. It looks like a neat concept and I wouldn't have to use my offhand thumb to activate the light anymore but I can't find one local to try out. Does the light always come on when grip the pistol normally or is there an off switch connected to the remote so you can decide not to use it. Thanks

velodemon
07-14-13, 08:47
I have one. There is no off switch, for me the light always discharges when I grip the pistol unless I consciously alter my grip. With that being said, I am switching over to an Inforce APL.

AFshirt
07-14-13, 17:21
That is good to know. Remote scratched off my list.

rathos
07-15-13, 00:47
I have one and I don't have any issue turning it on when I don't want to. Helps me to not over grip the pistol. The only downside is it fits really tight in holsters designed to work with the light, or in the case of the raven not at all. It does fit a lot better then the DG switches for glocks and the x300

AFshirt
07-15-13, 05:27
The only thing I dont like about that is I want to be able to grip the pistol under stress and not have the light come on unless I really want it to. With the remote now it sounds like it would be too much of a range gun where I can take my time and truly take my time and fine tune every single detail and not be a gun where gross motor movement is what takes over and the switch cant be controlled.

oldtexan
07-17-13, 13:07
I have one and I don't have any issue turning it on when I don't want to. Helps me to not over grip the pistol. The only downside is it fits really tight in holsters designed to work with the light, or in the case of the raven not at all. It does fit a lot better then the DG switches for glocks and the x300

This may be slightly off-topic, but I find it counter to my experience that your DG switches don't fit well with a Glock and an X300 in a Raven Phantom. I've got several Phantom Light-compatible models for a G34 and have no problem fitting a G19, G17, or G34, with X200a, X200b, X300, or X400, with or without my DG-11 switches, into all of them. Is it possible your Phantom was made for an X200 series instead of an X300, that your DG switch is for a different gun (DG-11 is for a Glock), or that your DG has somehow gotten bent out of its proper shape, thus interfering with proper fit?

When I take a normal firing grip, the DG consistently turns on the light, though.

rathos
07-17-13, 19:02
I think you misunderstood my post. The remote switch I was talking about is for the TLR 1 with the raven. The Streamlight remote switch is quite a bit thicker though I am sure if you ordered it for the light with the remote it would work fine.

The fit I was talking about for the DG switch is how it fits the gun, not how the DG switch fits in the holster. The stream light one seems to be better contoured and hugs the frame better, but is also more thick.

This may be slightly off-topic, but I find it counter to my experience that your DG switches don't fit well with a Glock and an X300 in a Raven Phantom. I've got several Phantom Light-compatible models for a G34 and have no problem fitting a G19, G17, or G34, with X200a, X200b, X300, or X400, with or without my DG-11 switches, into all of them. Is it possible your Phantom was made for an X200 series instead of an X300, that your DG switch is for a different gun (DG-11 is for a Glock), or that your DG has somehow gotten bent out of its proper shape, thus interfering with proper fit?

When I take a normal firing grip, the DG consistently turns on the light, though.

oldtexan
07-17-13, 19:05
I think you misunderstood my post. The remote switch I was talking about is for the TLR 1 with the raven. The Streamlight remote switch is quite a bit thicker though I am sure if you ordered it for the light with the remote it would work fine.

The fit I was talking about for the DG switch is how it fits the gun, not how the DG switch fits in the holster. The stream light one seems to be better contoured and hugs the frame better, but is also more thick.

You're right; I did misunderstand.