PDA

View Full Version : Warren sight installation on G19

Redhat
04-12-08, 09:11
Antone here who can give me the steps for installing a set of Warren Sevigny Comp sights on my G19?

I have the front sight nut driver, but I am not sure about the rear sight. Does it have to be removed out a certain direction?

What type lock tite should I use on the front sight?

Will a brass drift work?

Thanks.

M4Guru
04-12-08, 09:19
I have found most quality aftermarket sights (Warren, Heinie, Dawson, etc). need to be put in with a Glock sight tool. I would not risk damaging my slide or sight with a punch and hammer. All my Warrens have been very snug fits for sure and needed the sight tool.

I use permanent loc-tite or rockset on front sight nuts. If i never need a new front I will drill out the screw and buy a new sight. That's better to me than having the nut come off and binding up the gun when I need it.

Redhat
04-12-08, 09:21
Thanks,

Do you know if the rear sight dovetail is tapered to right or left? Does it matter what direction the sight is removed from?

M4Guru
04-12-08, 09:27
I want to say they wanted them going in and out from the left side when we went to Glock's armorers course but I can't remember for sure.

Let me check my stuff if it's not at work, I will get back to you.

GotM4 most likely can answer this as well.

Robb Jensen
04-12-08, 09:34
I use a MGW sight tool and install the rear sights from the shooters left side. The new Warrens are very tight. I put a little Militec-1 on the sight and in the dovetail to help ease the installation.

I use blue or red Loc-Tite on the front sight screw (just a tiny bit on the threads).

Redhat
04-12-08, 09:45
Copy,

Thanks for the information. I have the tools at work for the Beretta but no Glock stuff.

DM-SC
04-12-08, 13:42
I use a MGW sight tool and install the rear sights from the shooters left side.

From the left? Do you mean push left-to-right?

I've always removed the rear sights on a Glock by pushing left-to-right (looking at the slide as you would while shooting). Installation is right-to left.

M4Guru
04-12-08, 14:12
Yes, left to right.

I am not sure it even matters, it is a symmetrical dovetail AKAIK.

Robb Jensen
04-12-08, 18:18
From the left? Do you mean push left-to-right?

I've always removed the rear sights on a Glock by pushing left-to-right (looking at the slide as you would while shooting). Installation is right-to left.

Yes I install and remove them from the shooters left side. Me being a right handed person using the MGW sight tool it seems natural (I crank the handle with my right hand and the tool has more clearance for the sight on it's left side opposite of the handle). Glocks don't have tapered dovetails and the sights can to in and out of either side, there's no wrong way.

DM-SC
04-12-08, 19:08
Yes I install and remove them from the shooters left side. Me being a right handed person using the MGW sight tool it seems natural (I crank the handle with my right hand and the tool has more clearance for the sight on it's left side opposite of the handle). Glocks don't have tapered dovetails and the sights can to in and out of either side, there's no wrong way.

Just another little tidbit I'd already know IF I'd ever attended a Glock armorer's course! :rolleyes:

trio
04-13-08, 01:31
i....erm....well....just take my glocks to gotm4 and let him do it;) what can i say...if I did it myself I'd find a way to mount the front sight facing backwards i'm sure....

DM-SC
04-13-08, 10:03
i....erm....well....just take my glocks to gotm4 and let him do it;) what can i say...if I did it myself I'd find a way to mount the front sight facing backwards i'm sure....

LOL! Yeah...taking it to gotm4 is probably a really good idea for you! ;)

I actually bought a MGW Glock sight tool so, I HAVE to do the sight installs myself! :D

Redhat
04-30-08, 18:04
Update...

I got the sights installed with no problems using the sight pusher.
I REALLY like the sight picture a huge improvement over the stock set IMO.

I can now say I highly recommend them:cool:

kgreen
04-30-08, 20:52
I use a MGW sight tool and install the rear sights from the shooters left side. The new Warrens are very tight. I put a little Militec-1 on the sight and in the dovetail to help ease the installation.

I use blue or red Loc-Tite on the front sight screw (just a tiny bit on the threads).

I also used an MGW sight tool and it made the job much easier.
http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm193/jkgreen01hotmail/DSC00410-1.jpg