PDA

View Full Version : Bushnell Red T Dot

amc82
07-14-13, 13:59
I am looking for any info on the Bushnell AR 2x MP optic. I did a search and only found one person that used it and there was no opinion from him about it. I am thinking of putting it on my M&P. I am not going to spend more then $250 on an optic for such an entry level gun. The only thing I will use this rifle for is punching paper and maybe some predator hunting around 150 to 200 yards. I don't want to hear its crap just because you say it is. I am looking for reason why its crap or why I should consider it. I am mostly looking at this optic because of the price and because its a red dot with magnification.

NeoNeanderthal
07-14-13, 14:50
$250 is chump change for a red dot. And as you stated it's gonna be shit. If your gonna buy a $250 optic for hunting and punching paper get a Redfield, Nikon, ext. You can get a decent scope for 250 if your just shooting the shit.

lethal dose
07-14-13, 15:16
I would look into non illuminated magnified optics in that price range. The Nikon Monarch is not a bad option for the money. The red dot of which you speak will likely disappoint you on many levels... from battery life to longevity.

amc82
07-14-13, 16:05
$250 is chump change for a red dot. And as you stated it's gonna be shit. If your gonna buy a $250 optic for hunting and punching paper get a Redfield, Nikon, ext. You can get a decent scope for 250 if your just shooting the shit.

I asked why is crap or why should I consider it? If don't know why then why reply to this post? What Nikon or Redfield would you recommend in that price range?

RMiller
07-14-13, 18:15
If you've got $250, save a bit longer and buy an aimpoint PRO. They can be had new for $400-$425 and be found in our equipment exchange for $350-$380 on a regular basis.

I'm telling you, I've had friends that have spent money on cheaper bushnell, vortex, etc and have been nothing but disappointed.

JSantoro
07-14-13, 19:57
The third-to- and next-to-last sentences of the opening post...

Wow. Somebody stepped aboard wearing their BossyPants, huh?

Your PM'd verbal/mental gymnastics as to how you arrived at the conclusion that deliberate combativeness was the way to kick this one off...

Really looking forward to it. :mad: