PDA

View Full Version : Issue with new springfield XDS 45

Bang4Buck
07-14-13, 14:12
I am new to firearms and would appreciate any feedback you can offer...

I bought a s&w m&p 9mm a couple months ago. I have put 600 rounds through it with zero issues.

Decided I will be taking concealed carry class and bought the xds 45 based on rave reviews. Took it to the range and put 100 rounds through it. It jammed 4 or 5 times on me. I would load a mag, rack it, pull the trigger, and nothing happened. Every time I pulled the slide back the round wasn't in straight.

Range officer told me other people have had this issue and these guns need a few hundred rounds or so to break in. He also said to leave the gun with the slide locked back at home for a week or so to keep tension on the spring to help it break in.

He also encouraged me to rack it as fast as possible. I did that, and didn't have any more problems. My concern is this doesn't seem normal. I don't have to rack my s&w m&p nearly as fast, and it has worked flawlessly.

Before you ask, I cleaned the gun per the manual before I took it to the range. It was lubed exactly as shown. I shot federal 45 ammo.

Any thoughts on this? Thanks for helping. New guy!

Kenneth
07-14-13, 15:01
Well it should be common practice to "slingshot" the slide. Grab slide with one hand and push with firing had until the slide is pulled from your weak hand. Don't ride the slide forward on any semi automatic.

Bang4Buck
07-14-13, 15:09
Well it should be common practice to "slingshot" the slide. Grab slide with one hand and push with firing had until the slide is pulled from your weak hand. Don't ride the slide forward on any semi automatic.

I always slingshot it. As I said, zero issues racking the slide with my M&P 9 mm. Treated them both the same, and only the XDS has issues.

dc202
07-14-13, 15:39
According to a forum dedicated to this brand of gun, there have been lots of problems similar to this with both the 9mm and 45 XDS. Unfortunately, it is not a break-in issue, per that discussion.

Crow Hunter
07-14-13, 16:20
From what I understand that you are saying, the gun wasn't locking into battery every time from you manually loading it, right?

You didn't have any failures to fire while the gun was loading itself, right?

While I don't have an XD, I do know that the XDS is a small gun shooting a large round (.45). That means that it will need a fairly heavy recoil spring with a very short span. That means you might think that you have it pulled all the way back when you let it go but you didn't (especially if you have limited firearms experience), and as such, it didn't have enough forward momentum to fully close the action.

If you were having intermittent failures to fire/go into battery while you were shooting, switch to another ammo brand/weight and check it again. If it is still happening. Contact Springfield Armory.

TXBK
07-14-13, 18:10
The XDs is a compact .45 with steep feed ramps. You must slingshot or use the slide release. The second that you ride the slide in, you will have a feed issue/malfunction.

Bang4Buck
07-14-13, 18:55
From what I understand that you are saying, the gun wasn't locking into battery every time from you manually loading it, right?

You didn't have any failures to fire while the gun was loading itself, right?

While I don't have an XD, I do know that the XDS is a small gun shooting a large round (.45). That means that it will need a fairly heavy recoil spring with a very short span. That means you might think that you have it pulled all the way back when you let it go but you didn't (especially if you have limited firearms experience), and as such, it didn't have enough forward momentum to fully close the action.

If you were having intermittent failures to fire/go into battery while you were shooting, switch to another ammo brand/weight and check it again. If it is still happening. Contact Springfield Armory.

The XDs is a compact .45 with steep feed ramps. You must slingshot or use the slide release. The second that you ride the slide in, you will have a feed issue/malfunction.

After reading your replies, this makes perfect sense, and I would guess that was probably the issue. I just needed to rack it harder since it is smaller with a heavy spring.

I have more ammo on the way and will shoot it again in the next week or so and keep you posted if it does this again. Likely user error from some inexperience like myself.

Thanks!

Glock30
07-15-13, 19:01
yep! you gotta rack it like you mean it:jester: ...and do not limp wrist it when you fire it

nickdrak
07-15-13, 19:30
There is no such thing as "racking it harder". Just pull the slide all the way to the rear and let it go under its own spring tension or lock the slide to the rear and use the slide release to send it into battery.

Bang4Buck
07-15-13, 19:39
There is no such thing as "racking it harder". Just pull the slide all the way to the rear and let it go under its own spring tension or lock the slide to the rear and use the slide release to send it into battery.

Maybe better wording would have been to pull back harder. Stiffer spring = harder pull.

Bang4Buck
07-21-13, 17:58
Well it looks like the issue was not me. I put about 150 rounds through the XDS 45 again today, with numerous failusure. Sometimes I would rack, and it wouldn't fire the first round. Sometimes I racked and it fired the first round or two, but had a failure part way through the magazine as I continue to fire. I also racked it and used the slide stop, popped in a mag, released the slide stop, and would have a failures. Once on the first round and another time on subsequent rounds. Out of the 150 rounds I put through it today, I had 5 failures.

The range officer was very nice, and seemed to feel the magazine(s) could be the issues.

Any other thoughts on this? Or links to solutions that anyone knows of? I am taking my CCW class in a week and planned on this being my everyday carry firearm. Needless to say, I have lost tremendous confidence in this gun and am looking for a solution.

Thanks

Crow Hunter
07-21-13, 18:00
Well it looks like the issue was not me. I put about 150 rounds through the XDS 45 again today, with numerous failusure. Sometimes I would rack, and it wouldn't fire the first round. Sometimes I racked and it fired the first round or two, but had a failure part way through the magazine as I continue to fire. I also racked it and used the slide stop, popped in a mag, released the slide stop, and would have a failures. Once on the first round and another time on subsequent rounds. Out of the 150 rounds I put through it today, I had 5 failures.

The range officer was very nice, and seemed to feel the magazine(s) could be the issues.

Any other thoughts on this? Or links to solutions that anyone knows of? I am taking my CCW class in a week and planned on this being my everyday carry firearm. Needless to say, I have lost tremendous confidence in this gun and am looking for a solution.

Thanks

Contact Springfield Armory and they will fix it.

Timbonez
07-21-13, 18:54
You've had 9-10 failures in 250 rounds. Contact Springfield Armory and let them handle it. There is no point in you spending more of your time and money to troubleshoot an issue when it should be resolved by them.

ST911
07-21-13, 20:44
Problems with that gun have been reported by others. I don't recall what the reasons were, but response from SAI has been good. Send it home.

Bang4Buck
08-02-13, 15:07
Springfield has made repairs and is shipping the gun back. Here is what I was told by the rep that e-mailed me back:

"I contacted the Repair Department, they said they adjusted the extractor. Which means that the extractor tension was too stiff and was not allowing the firearm to go into full battery."

I should have it back early next week and will take it to the range that weekend. Hopefully that does the trick. If this is going to be my EDC I want to put several hundred rounds through it with zero failures to get my confidence back in the gun.

richiecotite
08-02-13, 19:38
I'd sell that xds, and get an m&p45c. At the very least I'd be very wary to carry it.

Make sure you put at few hundred rounds before you ccw that thing.

skipper49
08-02-13, 19:45
I've got several friends that have the XDS and are well pleased with it. Springfield will take care of it, as they apparently have. Shoot 3 or 4 hundred rounds through it, then CCW away!

Skip

Bang4Buck
08-02-13, 20:50
Rest assured I will put several hundred rounds through it in the next week or so. I expect zero failures. Any more failures and I will have no confidence in it for a conceal carry.

Safetyhit
08-02-13, 20:59

Thanks

Where are you with this? SA is known for great customer service and you'd be wise to have them look into it.

Also to be honest XDs are widely reported to have issues. Not saying they can't be rectified but they do exist.

Bang4Buck
08-02-13, 21:02
See above posts. They are shipping it back to me and think they have it fixed. I'll know in a little over a week.

Safetyhit
08-02-13, 21:06
See above posts. They are shipping it back to me and think they have it fixed. I'll know in a little over a week.

Me no read everything applicable so good sometimes. Please keep us posted.

Bang4Buck
08-02-13, 21:09
Me no read everything applicable so good sometimes. Please keep us posted.

I will. Springfield is supposed to have good service, and their turn time was very fast. I'm optimistic they got it right but time will tell at the range.

twistedcomrade
08-03-13, 17:56
A work bud a fellow member here bought and XDS 45 with a stainless finish on the slide. I don't know all of the history, but the malfuctions he was experiencing were failures to return to battery. A slight nudge on the rear of the slide would resolve the issue, but it was very annoying and completely random in nature. Anyway, he sent back to Springfield and they adjusted his extractor. Now the pistol jams. Needless to say he is not pleased and probably will never trust the gun. Hopefully he will chime in on this thread.

Uncle_Remus
08-03-13, 18:31
TwistedComrade is correct. I sent my XDS back to SA after 400+ rounds with multiple, random "Failures to Return to Battery" (FTRB). Many different brands and types of ammo and 5 magazines with no pattern at all that I could duplicate.

The pistol was returned noting they adjusted the extractor and tested good. On the next range trip, the first 5 round magazine went well. Then every magazine after had at least one "Failure to Extract" (FTE), leaving the spent brass halfway in the chamber. Needless to say I was a little disappointed. Ok.....VERY disappointed. :D

Well, of course I sent it back home on 7/29 and it was turned around and sent to me on 8/02 (I forgot to mention that their service IS excellent with very fast turn-around). I will receive it this Tuesday (8/06). The invoice for this trip says the same thing, "adjusted extractor" and "tested good".

All I can do is hope, but like the OP said, I will have a hard time and a few hundred rounds more to get comfortable with it as a carry weapon. I CAN say that Springfield Armory CS is great! I do have confidence that they will fix the "issue", one way or another.

Sorry for the long winded post, but my buddy told me about this thread and thought I would share my experience with y'all.

Good luck brother! Let us know how you make out.

Hoot

Bang4Buck
08-03-13, 19:13
Thanks for the info. Most people have had zero issues, so I am hoping this is a fluke they can fix. I think they know if they fail to address the issue, they will be torched on forums. Right now, I am giving them another chance. Their service has been great so far. Quick turnaround. I will keep everyone posted. I am a newbie to firearms. Go figure this is one of my first experiences.

TheWarEagler
08-03-13, 22:27
I have an XDS45 that I've had for a short period. I've put 500 rnds down the pipe without a hiccup. I carry it everyday, and have full confidence it. Hope you get yours straightened out.

63Qcode
08-07-13, 10:04
We have two XDs ( both .45`s ) , one for me and one for my Lady . Mine has been perfect out of the box ( approx. 400 rounds ) and I`m now seeing how long I can go without cleaning , other than a wipedown , before I get a failure .
The other one ( hers ) had multiple light primer strikes/failures to fire immediately . Went to the XDs forum and tried some "cures" , i.e. rack it like a man , grip it like a man ( really went over big with Carole ) , use the slide release only , etc . Still had problems . Called SA and they said "lube the daylights " out of it . Didn`t work . Finally , the gun had multiple FTF during her CPW range session and a failure to eject with the round jammed in the port .
She finished using the instructors 1911 ( fired 100% ) . Called SA and told them the gun was coming back in the as fired condition with pictures of the jammed round and spent brass enclosed .
SA service was great ..... got a call from their service tech saying the gun had to have the ejector adjusted ( even I could see that as it was gouging the lip on the brass ) .
Received the gun back , heavily lubed . Next day we went to the range and she ran 100 rounds through it with zero problems .
Heading back in several days to get more time on it , however , it appears to me that this gun is very sensitive to the extractor being adjusted just so .
I`m curious to see if you have the same experience .

a1fabweld
08-09-13, 09:45
My XDS has been perfect through about 500 rounds I've run through it since I purchased it, as have my 5 other fullsize XD's. Every round fed & ejected perfectly. When my wife racks the slide to chamber a round, it sometimes hangs up on the feedramp. I taught her to rack it properly & she has no problems. Yes the recoil spring is stiff & even a little limp writing can cause cycling problems. Accuracy is amazing with my little XDS also. I hope you get it figured out OP.

Bang4Buck
08-10-13, 21:00
Here's the update:

I put 130 rounds through the XDS today. 3 failures to extract. Another failure to fire from a round that was jammed in the barrel. Racking the slide wouldn't get the round out The range officer had to get a tool and push from the front of the barrel to get it back where we could extract by racking the slide. Needless to say, I am disappointed.

I e-mailed the rep I spoke with at Springfield and am asking for them to coordinate a refund through the local shop I bought the gun through. I forwarded that e-mail to the manager of the local shop and I'm optimistic they will work with me on this. As far as I'm concerned, Springfield's first chance to get it right was the original manufacturing process. I gave them a second chance to get it right by making adjustments and no luck there either. There will be no third chance. I have absolutely zero confidence in this gun as an everyday concealed carry, which I why I bought it.

I will keep everyone posted on what Springfield and my local shop say. I let them know I'd be happy to buy a compact Glock through them so they don't ultimately lose business. Hopefully Springfield helps make this right. Rest assured you will know if they don't.

Bang4Buck
08-15-13, 19:06
Springfield had me send it back again. I requested a refund. They are going to look at it and make a decision. I hope they do the right thing.

DanjojoUSMC
08-15-13, 19:26
Hope they figure it out, what is your thoughts on what you might replace it with?

Bang4Buck
08-15-13, 19:35
Hope they figure it out, what is your thoughts on what you might replace it with?

Funny you should ask. I'm tempted to start another thread on "which conceal carry do I buy", but I'm sure I'll get flamed for it. My thoughts:

I have a full size S&W M&P 9mm. Love it. 800 rounds through it and it goes BANG with zero issues. I have 100% confidence in that gun. That makes me tempted to buy an M&P compact 9mm. I know people who say the M&P shield doesn't shoot as well as the M&P compact 9mm, which is why I have ruled out the shield. Plus, I like the idea of a higher capactiy magazine.

I've also considered either a glock 19 or 26. Both are solid choices. While I prefer the larger Glock 19 between the two, I live in Texas and it gets really hot. The Glock 26 could fit in the front pocket of cargo shorts, which is mostly what I wear when it is 90+ degrees out.

Thoughts?

Crow Hunter
08-15-13, 20:09
Funny you should ask. I'm tempted to start another thread on "which conceal carry do I buy", but I'm sure I'll get flamed for it. My thoughts:

I have a full size S&W M&P 9mm. Love it. 800 rounds through it and it goes BANG with zero issues. I have 100% confidence in that gun. That makes me tempted to buy an M&P compact 9mm. I know people who say the M&P shield doesn't shoot as well as the M&P compact 9mm, which is why I have ruled out the shield. Plus, I like the idea of a higher capactiy magazine.

I've also considered either a glock 19 or 26. Both are solid choices. While I prefer the larger Glock 19 between the two, I live in Texas and it gets really hot. The Glock 26 could fit in the front pocket of cargo shorts, which is mostly what I wear when it is 90+ degrees out.

Thoughts?

Been there, done that. It won't be as comfortable as you think, nor will it hide very well.

You are probably going to be better off going something much smaller and lighter than a G26 if you are going to pocket carry.

If you dress around it, you can hide a G26 or G19 IWB while wearing cargo shorts and an untucked T-shirt.

I did it for a week in New Orleans during the last week of June a couple of years ago while it was 104+ during the day. I walked around and saw the sights while my wife was in a conference. No one noticed and it wasn't uncomfortable.

I have never even handled a Shield so I can't comment there. My brother used to have a M&P Compact in 9mm that I shot and babysat for a while. I is even bigger than the G26 but it shot really nice. I was actually more accurate during slow fire with it than I was my G19, but I was more consistent and faster with the G19. I was tempted to change though.

Unfortunately, you need to be prepared to spend some money trying out lots of different things until you find a suitable compromise of size, capacity, shootability, etc. So you might as well just buy something you are interested in, if you can find a good deal and try it out for a few months. If it doesn't work for you, trade around. Eventually you will find something. Unless you read gun forums, then you will HAVE to get the next big thing. Is it still the HK P30 or is it the Walther PPQ now, or have we moved on? I forget...:jester:

MiamiCracker
08-15-13, 20:11

Thoughts?

I got a G26 Gen 4, love it. You wont be disappointed with it.Though I want to add a G19 also.

DanjojoUSMC
08-15-13, 20:13
I am not the most wise or experienced but think those are solid choices, I am usually a fan of double-stack sub-compacts and compacts (more so compacts). It might also be worth it to try out an appendix carry rig for your M&P full-size that you could resell if it doesn't feel right.

Side note is I think it's good to be very patient with new models of serious items. Enthusiastic consumers of initial runs make things seem wonderful, but don't really tell us anything meaningful about reliability and durability. Often hiccups are dismissed saying it was their cheap Wally-world ammo or break-in period. Really it's just that too many companies rush products, making customers become the R&D team.

Something I look at personally is how a pistol functions with a crappy grip and I am also one of the few steady believers in double-strike capability. Simply because of the nature of altercations and limits of awareness. So I lean more towards compacts and full-size than the most compact and lightweight and still like the old DA/SA concept.

an0nym0us
08-17-13, 18:07
I've been lucky to have no issues with any of my pistols so far. When I got my XDS .45ACP, I cleaned up the safety plunger and sear surfaces as well as the feed ramp... I do this on all of my pistols except for my Gen 2 Glock 17. Before polishing I had 1 round nosedive out of 500 rounds during break-in. I honestly think it was because I did not seat the round properly in the mag. I have not had a malfunction since. I hope Springfield sorts this issue out for you and gets it back to you quickly.

Nick081974
08-17-13, 20:44
had a XDs .45 for a week right after they were released for all of a week but never fired it due to all of the issues people were having with them. Chances are I would have been fine but just didn't want to risk it. Sold it and went with the M&P Shield .40 which was amazing until I found the Sig P938. I just think that SA rushed out the XDs without really refining the final product.

Bang4Buck
08-17-13, 21:06
had a XDs .45 for a week right after they were released for all of a week but never fired it due to all of the issues people were having with them. Chances are I would have been fine but just didn't want to risk it. Sold it and went with the M&P Shield .40 which was amazing until I found the Sig P938. I just think that SA rushed out the XDs without really refining the final product.

I bought mine a month ago. They should have worked out any bugs by now as the XDs 45 has been out a while. The 9mm is newer.

Psalms144.1
08-17-13, 21:09
Bang4Buck - until last summer when I moved on orders to Long Island, I have spent the last 17+ years in hot, humid places (Panama, Miami, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Tampa). What I found was that I could NOT carry a G26 in any pocket without looking like I was smuggling a brick; but I COULD conceal a G19 under an untucked "loose fit" UnderArmour T-shirt with no problem in a FIST #1K holster.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you HAVE TO have a pocket pistol, buy a pocket pistol (I prefer the PM9 for that role). BUT, and this is a major BUT, it really requires very little effort to conceal a much more capable pistol.

Best of luck in your search!

Bang4Buck
08-17-13, 21:16
Bang4Buck - until last summer when I moved on orders to Long Island, I have spent the last 17+ years in hot, humid places (Panama, Miami, San Antonio, Corpus Christi, Tampa). What I found was that I could NOT carry a G26 in any pocket without looking like I was smuggling a brick; but I COULD conceal a G19 under an untucked "loose fit" UnderArmour T-shirt with no problem in a FIST #1K holster.

I guess what I'm saying is, if you HAVE TO have a pocket pistol, buy a pocket pistol (I prefer the PM9 for that role). BUT, and this is a major BUT, it really requires very little effort to conceal a much more capable pistol.

Best of luck in your search!

I'm hearing more and more people say what you're saying. This has me leaning towards G19 or M&P compact. I'm sure I'll wind up with a G26 or some similar compact eventually, just a matter of which one I get first....

dlh2689
08-22-13, 11:07
From what I'm told XDS stands for extremely disappointing sidearm.

Safetyhit
08-22-13, 11:17
Springfield had me send it back again. I requested a refund. They are going to look at it and make a decision. I hope they do the right thing.

At this point the right thing goes beyond just a refund or even successful second repair. Honestly they should fix it again and then return both the gun and your money in full. What you then do with it from there can be up to you.

Bang4Buck
08-22-13, 11:40
At this point the right thing goes beyond just a refund or even successful second repair. Honestly they should fix it again and then return both the gun and your money in full. What you then do with it from there can be up to you.

I agree. They got it on Monday. Waiting to hear back from them. Hope they do the right thing. If they don't, expect me to flame them.

I bought. Glock 19 Gen 4 the other day, which will be my everyday carry.

Bang4Buck
09-01-13, 16:18
Still no reply. They've had my gun 2 weeks. No idea if they will refund, send me a new one, or repair the existing one. They have since issued a recall on almost all XDs guns. Doesn't look like the recall is related to the failures I've had.

Safetyhit
09-01-13, 17:23
Still no reply. They've had my gun 2 weeks. No idea if they will refund, send me a new one, or repair the existing one. They have since issued a recall on almost all XDs guns. Doesn't look like the recall is related to the failures I've had.

While it may not be who you are just remember that usually the squeakiest wheel gets the most grease. Sounds like they're inundated with consumer issues, don't let yourself get too lost in the mix if at all possible. Be courteous but firm.

Uncle_Remus
09-01-13, 17:59
While it may not be who you are just remember that usually the squeakiest wheel gets the most grease. Sounds like they're inundated with consumer issues, don't let yourself get too lost in the mix if at all possible. Be courteous but firm.

Always good advice......

Gotta send my XD-S 45 back to the "Mother Ship". This will be it's third trip this year. Not really happy with it. That's about as courteous as I can be about it. :D

Hang in there brother,
Hoot

Bang4Buck
09-01-13, 20:12
My Glock 19, which is now my everyday conceal carry, goes BANG every time with zero issues. I'm not holding my breath for a refund, but that's what I've asked for. In the least, I hope they give me a brand new gun in the box that I can sell to get my money back. No more springfields for me. :nono:

Bang4Buck
09-15-13, 15:51
The complete and total Sh!t show that is springfield just continues. As some of you know, they have issued a recall on the XDS, and of course mine is affected by this. They told me "repairs" take 2 to 4 weeks, but I have asked for a refund. As of Monday, they hadn't even decided what they were going to do with my firearm. I just want my money back, or at least a brand new one that I can sell to someone, but I'm not holding my breath.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to push for a refund out of this deal? I know some of you are Springfield fans, but my experience has been absolute dogsh!t with them. Sent it back twice for failures, and they issue a recall unrelated to my failures about a week after they receive it for the second set of failures I've had. Can't get an answer from them on what they're going to do.

Springfield can blow me. I will never buy from those idiots again.

Safetyhit
09-15-13, 20:20
Despite their now often inferior products they were still known for better than average customer service. Either this last recall has them unusually backlogged (which is possible) or they falling apart on all fronts.

Amazing that by now they haven't realized the general pitfalls of making an inferior product.

FAB45
09-15-13, 21:12
My Glock 19, which is now my everyday conceal carry, goes BANG every time with zero issues. I'm not holding my breath for a refund, but that's what I've asked for. In the least, I hope they give me a brand new gun in the box that I can sell to get my money back. No more springfields for me. :nono:

Springfield makes some nice 1911s. I would steer clear of their XD line though, no proven reliability.

ssracer
09-27-13, 15:14
Latest on the recall... They don't even have a solution yet...

XD-S™ Recall FAQ
Updated Sept. 27, 2013
This information applies only to XD-S™ pistols in the serial number ranges below
Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ 9mm pistols - serial numbers between XS900000 and XS938700
Springfield 3.3 XD-S™ .45ACP pistols - serial numbers between XS500000 and XS686300

This Springfield XD-S™ Recall FAQ will be updated every Friday through the recall process. Please check back for updates.

We understand that our voluntary safety recall has made it inconvenient for you to be without your pistol, and we sincerely apologize for that. We also understand your frustration with our lack of follow-up communication to this point and we are committing to you now that we will provide regular updates going forward.

We originally estimated a 30-day turn-around time, but it has unfortunately taken longer to develop and identify an upgrade solution. Please know that we are continuing to test potential upgrade solutions at this time and we have been doing so since we became aware of this issue. This testing is nearing completion and we will post any new updates as soon as we have identified a final upgrade solution. We will post our next update no later than Friday, October 4, and we will communicate immediately if a final solution is identified prior to that date. We wish that we could provide you with a specific return date at this time, but we are unfortunately unable to do so. Upgrades will be completed on a "first come / first served" basis.

Why it's taking so long:
We pledge to you that we are working as fast as we can, and have greatly increased our staff and number of shifts to ensure that we are leveraging every hour in the day.

We understand that our decision to announce a voluntary safety recall without a final solution in place has caused confusion and frustration. We sincerely apologize for that inconvenience. However, your safety is, and always has been, our paramount concern. And that is why we decided to issue the voluntary safety recall before we had a guaranteed upgrade solution in place.

Our decision not to wait was based on putting you, our customer, first. Some companies build in several weeks of lead time before announcing their recalls. But, we didn't feel that was the most responsible approach in this case since our priority is your safety.

Please know that we are committed to resolving this matter as quickly as possible and we are committed to ensuring that you will be very pleased with your upgraded 3.3 XD-S™. As a reminder, do not use your 3.3 XD-S™ until the upgrade has been performed.

Bang4Buck
09-27-13, 15:37
Sickening. They've had my firearm for 6 weeks. :mad:

Scrubber3
12-03-13, 21:45
Update?

Bang4Buck
12-03-13, 22:04
Sold it as soon as I got it back from Springfield. Springfield gave us all an extra mag for our inconvenience. Glock 19 is my conceal carry.

Kokopelli
12-03-13, 22:14
Honestly guys, it's just a little Croatian plastic pistol. If you don't like it, toss it and move on. While I am a Springfield fan, the XDs is not my most favored pistol. So far mine has been problem free, but I did send it back for the recall. It took six weeks. Was it longer than preferred, yes. Was I upset about it, no. The most upsetting aspect of the ordeal was that they kept the S&W Shield box I used to send it back.

Honestly, cut your losses flee. Put it up for sale on the XDs forum with a 20% discount, listing the total history in truth and it'll be gone. You'll lose a $100, but hey it's small change. I've did this many times; once with ten Kimbers, losing $2000 off purchase. I won't waste a day worrying over a $500 pistol.. I just move it at a loss and pick up the next one on my list.. JMO

Bang4Buck
12-03-13, 22:20
That's why I sold it as soon as I good.

F Springfield. Never again. I lost about 100 bucks. I'm over it and moving on. My ugly Glock goes BANG very time.

Kokopelli
12-03-13, 22:46
That's the way to do it.. My blood pressure is more important than the loss and worry..Life's short and there's a lot of pistols?

That's why I sold it as soon as I good.

F Springfield. Never again. I lost about 100 bucks. I'm over it and moving on. My ugly Glock goes BANG very time.

a1fabweld
12-04-13, 08:28
Springfield did what they thought was best in handling this recall. I'm sure lots of people will curse them for eternity because of it. I'm fine with the way they handled it. Mine functioned perfectly before I sent it in for the recall. I haven't shot it yet since its been returned to me. I expect it to function as well as any of my other XD's which is 100%. The two month or so turnaround time didn't hurt my feelings because it was not my only pistol. But to someone who only owned one pistol, I could seen it being a big deal. Every big company had had problems at one time or another. I recall Toyota being all over national news headlines for their Prius cars having some major safety issues. In spite of that the roads are littered with those damned things today. People will get over this XDS issue as well.

Tejasmtb
12-04-13, 08:32
Mine has 600 rounds with the only issue being that it won't always lock back on the last round. At times I can attribute this to me possibly riding the slide release but when I concentrate on my support hand thumb placement it still does it 50% of the time. I can only assume it's a magazine issue and I haven't had the time to weed out which ones are the culprit. I have been carrying daily for a while but I'll admit that after all of the recall bs I'm beginning to lose faith in it. Problem is that short of going back to a 1911 I don't find anything on the market to my liking for a 45acp CCW.

And to remark on the S&W Shield, talk about a horrible trigger, yuck. I'll probably unload my XDs soon but not until I decide what to replace it with.