PDA

View Full Version : Zen and the Art of Washer Repair

LukeMacGillie
08-11-06, 21:48
So my washer is on the blink, The motor turns the belt, but it will not spin the "Wash Basin" or drain water without me siphoning it.

Someone please tell me its just a cotter pin or something simple that I can fix without having to sell a gun to get it fixed.

Hoplophile
08-11-06, 22:13
So my washer is on the blink, The motor turns the belt, but it will not spin the "Wash Basin" or drain water without me siphoning it.

Someone please tell me its just a cotter pin or something simple that I can fix without having to sell a gun to get it fixed.
This can vary widely depending on the brand and model of washer in question.

My suggestion is to do some google searching on your specific model to find more detailed info. I just did a search for "washer repair forum" and got a lot of hits. http://applianceguru.com/ looks like a decent site.

K.L. Davis
08-11-06, 22:26
Might I suggest trying this:

"Woman! Get down to the crick and warsh ma'britches"

Works for me... :eek:

okay... I had one do kind of the same thing once, the guy that I called told me that if the belt is turning the pully attached the transmission, then hope that there is a shear pin or sprag clutch that broke -- he felt that if that is what it was, I could fix it without him having to come over, and if not, then the transmission was bad and it would cost less to get a new washer.

ETA: If you do find a broken shear pin or sprag clutch... find out why it broke!

The curious thing is that he talked me out of having him make a service call at all (it was a clutch thing, cheap and easy to replace) -- this was in northern Ohio, where it seems that everyone tried to talk there way out of having to work? I guess everyone there is indenpendantly wealthy?

SuicideHz
08-12-06, 00:57
Your washer is broke? What's wrong with her? Yell at her and tell her to move her ass.

Now, if your washing MACHINE is broke, google it... :p

LukeMacGillie
08-12-06, 09:06
Thanks for the hints,

So much for shooting this weekend, Have to put a new fan clutch in the jeep in addition to dealing with the washer.

And the loader/unloader/folder for the washer was not impressed with yall's purpose, direction & motivation suggested here, no matter which language I used:D

QuietShootr
08-12-06, 09:59
Damn, dude. I'm not selling you anything anymore!!!

LukeMacGillie
08-12-06, 11:13
Damn, dude. I'm not selling you anything anymore!!!

Did you sell me the washer? I thought that you just wanted it out of the house and dumped it at mine :D

QuietShootr
08-12-06, 11:20
Oh, well, that makes me feel better....I was feeling rather guilty there for a bit

LukeMacGillie
08-12-06, 11:36
Im pretty sure you, or perhaps the Operator found during PMCSing the equipment that it was going to go tits up very soon, and thus DRMO'd it LOL