PDA

View Full Version : Northern NJ Gunsmith who can make a rifle NJ compliant

PNorris
07-15-13, 08:47
Had a good experience with a quality gun smith in Northern, NJ. He was able to receive a non-compliant rifle I ordered from out of state and make it NJ compliant and then have it transferred to me. He was a great guy and did beautiful work. I highly recommend him. His name is Kurt Ullmann. Look up Traksgunsmithing.com. I know many of you NJ guys are frustrated trying to find compliant rifles. Now, it is a non-issue due to great guys like him. He made an LMT MWS NJ compliant and it looks perfect.

rauchman
07-15-13, 08:58
Had a good experience with a quality gun smith in Northern, NJ. He was able to receive a non-compliant rifle I ordered from out of state and make it NJ compliant and then have it transferred to me. He was a great guy and did beautiful work. I highly recommend him. His name is Kurt Ullmann. Look up Traksgunsmithing.com. I know many of you NJ guys are frustrated trying to find compliant rifles. Now, it is a non-issue due to great guys like him. He made an LMT MWS NJ compliant and it looks perfect.

As a fellow northern NJ'er, I greatly appreciate that info. Thanks!

PNorris
07-15-13, 09:13
I bought an LMT MWS and he pinned the stock, added a muzzle brake and blocked/pinned the magazine. He even milled the brake and barrel for a perfect fit and you cannot even see where the pin is. Also, the stock is pinned perfectly. Plus, he is a disabled vet and a super nice guy. I was thrilled I found him.

Safetyhit
07-15-13, 10:16
Had a great guy down here in south Jersey for that type of work, retired Winslow Twp police officer big in the NJ forums (PK90/Arms-n-Ammo). He also had a new retail shop he opened just two years ago after retiring.

Sadly he already just closed up shop 3 weeks ago and is preparing to move to Arizona. I did everything through him the past few years, now I feel a little lost to be honest as far as a good local trustworthy guy.

By the way this likely belongs in the regional forum.

rocsteady
07-15-13, 16:21
I can't help but just feel badly every time I see someone having to do this stuff to their rifle, no matter how well the job is done.

Good to know though and good on you for sharing a positive review on someone who deserves it.

Markasaurus
07-21-13, 00:51
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/marc780/MOVING-VAN_zps747b6f72.jpg

Safetyhit
07-21-13, 10:28
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j169/marc780/MOVING-VAN_zps747b6f72.jpg

Especially after Colorado, you get up and move folks never cease to amaze with your brilliance and foresight. Guess you still somehow forget that in the most critical election of our lifetime FL, PA and VA voted Obama. Guess you also failed to notice that Hispanics are on pace to turn TX blue within a decade.

But keep running away and whatever you do look back and laugh at those who choose to stay and fight.

Sentaruu
07-21-13, 11:30
Especially after Colorado, you get up and move folks never cease to amaze with your brilliance and foresight. Guess you still somehow forget that in the most critical election of our lifetime FL, PA and VA voted Obama. Guess you also failed to notice that Hispanics are on pace to turn TX blue within a decade.

But keep running away and whatever you do don't look back and laugh at those who choose to stay and fight.

well said.