PDA

View Full Version : Muzzle Devices

Charlie Don't Surf
07-16-13, 12:08
There seems to be a lot of combination muzzles devices popping up(FSC556, AAC breakout 51t, ect).

Are there any that suppresses flash better than the A2 while also providing decent rise or recoil compensation?

Thanks

SwatDawg15
07-16-13, 12:12
The FSC556 does a semi good job at suppression. The Battlecomp, and BCM are also not too bad. I havent tried many of the newer ones, but the FSC556 is been the best of both worlds from my experience.

jaxman7
07-16-13, 12:26
By combination I assume you mean non dedicated MDs such as muzzle brakes. Compensators is what I take from your question. With that said the Battlecomp and BCM comp are fantastic. The FSC556 also does a great job but is more of a brake than the other two. I have all 3 and own 2 rifles. One has the BC. The other wears the BCM comp. ALL do a fantastic job of recoil management. I would say out of all of them the FSC does the best job with the Battlecomp coming in a close second. Flash reduction is best done by the BCM with the BC 2nd and the FSC 3rd. It really is tough to pick a winner. Now that said if you are shooting next to someone on a regular basis the BCM comp wins IMHO with a 14.5" barrel.

Picture tracking a red dot and its movement while shooting all 3. The BCM slightly dips down. Although this can be mitigated by offsetting the comp at 1 o'clock for a righty. The BCM goes slightly (and I mean slightly) up and right. While the FSC556 basically just vibrates the dot.

Keep in mind this is subjective. One shooter mainly keeping it right handed. Nothing else considered all 3 of the MDs I have mentioned do a great job of keeping the rifle flat if the shooter does his job.

-Jax

JSantoro
07-16-13, 12:29
Nor does he Search...

Keyword "muzzle."

https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php?searchid=6148141

Keyword "devices."

https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php?searchid=6148144

Both limited to thread titles, and to the GD AR subfourm.