PDA

View Full Version : Zimmerman prosecutor Angela Coreys checkered past....

Denali
07-17-13, 23:29
http://nationalreview.com/article/353633/angela-coreys-checkered-past-ian-tuttle?splash=

When Corey came in, she cleaned house. Corey fired half of the office’s investigators, two-fifths of its victim advocates, a quarter of its 35 paralegals, and 48 other support staff — more than one-fifth of the office. Then she sent a letter to Florida’s senators demanding that they oppose Shorstein’s pending nomination as a U.S. attorney. “I told them he should not hold a position of authority in his community again, because of his penchant for using the grand jury for personal vendettas,” she wrote

An eye-opener to be sure....

Abraxas
07-18-13, 00:17
This is my shocked face.

Irish
07-18-13, 00:36
Good article. Thanks!

SkiDevil
07-18-13, 10:36
Yes, good article.

It's a wonder how such people are able to hold office.

She sounds like a real peach.

p.s. That photo of her is grounds for nightmares.

Watrdawg
07-18-13, 11:05
Sounds like the only way she can be reprimanded is if she is removed from office by the Governor. He definitely ought to consider that course of action.

Grand58742
07-18-13, 12:43
Sounds like the only way she can be reprimanded is if she is removed from office by the Governor. He definitely ought to consider that course of action.

Can't. At least not right now. Down the road maybe, but if he does it right now, he just inflames the situation even further.

I'm certainly not taking her side here, but probably best to wait a few months down the road while the remainder of the population gets their attention diverted and quietly let her know her services are no longer needed.

But on the other hand, part of me says screw it, do it right now and let the cards fall as they may.

Denali
07-18-13, 13:01
http://takimag.com/article/the_gulag_peninsula_guy_somerset/print#axzz2ZPxjGqHl

Nelson not only silenced his lawyers, she bullied the innocent-until-proven-guilty Zimmerman into giving an answer almost absent advice of counsel. Her behavior astonished the legal community and seemingly violated Zimmerman’s Sixth Amendment right to due process.

Yet by far most disturbing were the rotating charges in this farce. Was it aggravated murder? Manslaughter? Child abuse? The answer lies not in what Zimmerman did, but whatever the state could finagle. Variable charges and ex post facto crimes were a hallmark of the Soviet.

On the final day of testimony Nelson deliberated at length whether prosecutors could add a new third-degree murder claim typically involving parental duty. It would have made Salem a model of fairness, and she ultimately decided against it. Yet she did allow manslaughter, raising the specter of a last-minute “compromise conviction.

Please share this article by using the link below. When you cut and paste an article, Taki's Magazine misses out on traffic, and our writers don't get paid for their work. Email editors@takimag.com to buy additional rights. http://takimag.com/article/the_gulag_peninsula_guy_somerset/print#ixzz2ZQATH0hY

Ripped right from the Soviet playbook, and significantly, about 50% of the nation has been successfully schooled to embrace it as righteousness.....

Palmguy
07-18-13, 16:37

Extremely unlikely. He was complicit in this clown show and appointed her to run the persecution.

Moose-Knuckle
07-18-13, 17:04
Before the Trayvon Martin incident the NAACP was after Corey, funny how they changed their tune after she picked up the hammer and nails to crucify Zimmerman.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/05/19/woman-gets-20-years-for-firing-warning-shot/

austinN4
07-18-13, 17:27
Before the Trayvon Martin incident the NAACP was after Corey, funny how they changed their tune after she picked up the hammer and nails to crucify Zimmerman.
No doubt the intended outcome.

ForTehNguyen
07-18-13, 17:55
scumbag prosecutor I mean persecutor

davidjinks
07-18-13, 20:32
Think about this…

All the money all these people will be raking in because of their fame from this case.

Hell, what it was like 48 hours and we already heard about a juror writing a book on this case.

Moose-Knuckle
07-18-13, 20:37
All the money all these people will be raking in because of their fame from this case.

Just wait Rachel Jeantel will be getting her own realtiy show on OWN, BET, TLC, or BRAVO before its all over with . . . :suicide:

davidjinks
07-18-13, 20:47
Well, you've hit all the ones I could have made a joke about…….

Just wait Rachel Jeantel will be getting her own realtiy show on OWN, BET, TLC, or BRAVO before its all over with . . . :suicide: