PDA

View Full Version : Glock talk.com ?

COJAM
04-13-08, 11:20
I just bought a glock 19 and tried to register on the glock talk forum, but it says my ip address was banned. I'm confused since I have never registered or visited this site until just recently. I tried to email them at least 5 times with no response. Do any of you guys Know any of the moderators over there so i can contact them and ask them what's up.Thanks:(

STS
04-13-08, 11:38
Consider it a blessing, trust me you don't want to spend anytime over there. Just keep browsing/posting on this site. You will actually get QUALITY information here.

M4Guru
04-13-08, 11:43
AR15.com of pistol sites, possible even worse.

COJAM
04-13-08, 11:55
:D Thanks guys for the info.

NoBody
04-13-08, 12:00
Consider it a blessing, trust me you don't want to spend anytime over there. Just keep browsing/posting on this site. You will actually get QUALITY information here.

:eek:

Very true....M4C has it all covered. :cool:

Blake
04-13-08, 13:11
When a site bans Larry Vickers for imparting his knowledge and experiences this should give you a clue of the quality and goals of the site.

M4arc
04-13-08, 13:32
You can talk about Glocks all you want here Cojam. :D

Congrats on the G19 by the way. I'm sure you'll find many of us here love the G19.

But as far as IP addresses go most ISPs use dynamic IPs so they change from time to time and you either got one that was banned previously or yours is in a range of IPs there were banned for whatever reason.

tjcoker
04-13-08, 13:38
I started off with AR15.com and Glocktalk.com... you Seriously are not missing anything. I like reading Pat Roger's posts on AR15.com... but otherwise I am VERY weary of what I read on those two sites.

This site was actually recommended to me by LAV during one of his courses. I have found his recommendation to be of great value.

variablebinary
04-16-08, 03:15
AR15.com of pistol sites, possible even worse.

LOL! Sounds about right...but not worse than TOS...

Wayne Dobbs
04-16-08, 09:32
By being prevented from registering at GT, you kept yourself from chronic exposure to all the slack jawed, mouth breathing, d**k beating, short bussing, window lickers that populate that site.

God has smiled on you and your G19! This spot will take care of any and all of your information, equipment and training questions and not waste your time or insult your intelligence.

Gutshot John
04-16-08, 11:12
You're not a real "shooter" until you've been banned from Glock Talk.

It's a badge of honor...wear it with pride.

tjcoker
04-16-08, 20:39

Man... I like having new goals... :D

ThirdWatcher
04-17-08, 00:39
When a site bans Larry Vickers for imparting his knowledge and experiences this should give you a clue of the quality and goals of the site.

'nuff said.

JLM
04-17-08, 04:42
Don't

COJAM
04-17-08, 18:53
I never thought that this thread would garner this much attention, but it has given me a lot of laughs:) thanks all for the replies.

Master_of_Sparks
04-17-08, 20:09
I wasn't banned from GT but I quit posting or even reading it. I think I was the only person on that site that wasn't an expert authority on every subject in the universe. Now that I've read the posts there, I now know everything about everything..... no matter how wrong it is.

SuicideHz
04-17-08, 20:22

Looks like I've got some work to do!

Cokeman
04-19-08, 03:36
Is your email address something@yahoo.com or whatever@hotmail.com? Some forums don't want you to register with a free email account because they think you might be someone that they have banned previously.

COJAM
04-19-08, 08:53
That must be it Cokeman , I use my yahoo email address for forums such as this, and my paid email to conduct my financial business.Thanks, And you guys are Right. After lurking over there for a few days I noticed everyone is an expert and the Glock is the best pistol ever made according to them, with the exception of a few wise gentlemen. I've been using handguns and longuns since I was 8years old and still consider myself at best to have a basic to average or general knowledge of firearms.I'm here to learn and educate myself on the pros and cons, and the strength and weaknesses of my firearms and others.No question is a STUPID question if it educates the person who ask it.:D thanks again all.

warpigM-4
04-19-08, 09:05
When a site bans Larry Vickers for imparting his knowledge and experiences this should give you a clue of the quality and goals of the site. if that is the case the site itself should be banned:D thats like telling yoda to **** off
.He is a plethera of Knowledge:D

Heavy Metal
04-19-08, 09:56
LOL! Sounds about right...but not worse than TOS...

TOS on its worst day would not ban Larry Vickers for simply stating his opinion on another forum.

So yes, it is far, far worse than TOS.

Abraxas
04-19-08, 11:08
Is your email address something@yahoo.com or whatever@hotmail.com? Some forums don't want you to register with a free email account because they think you might be someone that they have banned previously.

That is retarded since that is the only kind some of us have

Peshawar
04-19-08, 23:11
Hey Fellas,

Yeah, I went through this with Glocktalk. I emailed their admins, no response. For a while I thought that I must have registered blind drunk and said something stupid in the middle of the night. Nah.... It's some retarded IP-based ban system.

At the time, I had SBC Global DSL. Recently I switched to Time Warner Business Cable, and I was able to register no problem. Same email address, same everything as before.... but this time it worked.

At least, that was my experience. :)

M4arc
04-20-08, 07:38
That is retarded since that is the only kind some of us have

You still have to connect to the internet via an ISP unless you're logging on at work, at the library or you're using a neighbor's wireless connection.

Having hotmail & yahoo makes it a pain for us admins because we have to run the IPs to be sure you're not some spammer from Russia or China. If I get a Cox or Verizon or Comcast those get approved before the Yahoo, Hotmail & Gmails.

ToddG
04-20-08, 11:04
FWIW, getting essentially an "email-only" domain account through something like GoDaddy isn't too expensive.

Shihan
04-20-08, 16:38
FWIW, getting essentially an "email-only" domain account through something like GoDaddy isn't too expensive.

If you have high speed or access to high speed AOL will give out a free account to AOL which includes email.

Cokeman
04-20-08, 21:24
I have been able to use a non-free address and then change to my yahoo address after I get approved.

Wayne Dobbs
04-23-08, 09:47
Here's to the health of Glock Talk:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/po/20080421/co_po/masturbationmaypreventprostatecancer;_ylt=Aifu5ECg5tVKmrBcjNlwFRas0NUE

COJAM
04-23-08, 10:19
:eek: :D

Cokeman
04-23-08, 21:01
This is cool. (http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=838319)

variablebinary
04-24-08, 02:25
TOS on its worst day would not ban Larry Vickers for simply stating his opinion on another forum.

So yes, it is far, far worse than TOS.

I'd like to know the story behind that one...

Razoreye
04-24-08, 19:53

I need a refresher as well. I don't remember that.

PLCedeno
04-25-08, 10:55
Any way to get banned on purpose-without insulting Glocks?

Redmanfms
04-25-08, 13:50

LAV wrote an article some time ago in which he stated that the .40 and .45 Glocks are the least reliable of the Glock family and that there are better options available in both calibers. Glocktalk then banned him because of that article, which was posted on another website. There was a thread over on Glocktalk about it, the comments were "amusing" to say the least.

Razoreye
04-27-08, 15:32
Any way to get banned on purpose-without insulting Glocks?

Insult jews, cops, troops, Bush, moderators, etc. Ultra PC over there.

Razoreye
04-27-08, 15:33
LAV wrote an article some time ago in which he stated that the .40 and .45 Glocks are the least reliable of the Glock family and that there are better options available in both calibers. Glocktalk then banned him because of that article, which was posted on another website. There was a thread over on Glocktalk about it, the comments were "amusing" to say the least.

I remember that article. I don't remember him getting banned. The owner doesn't even own a Glock, he owns a Kimber. Seems weird to me he'd ban him on that. :shrugs:

Jim D
04-27-08, 17:45

I though the post which got their panties in a twist was over his little sand test he did, with the handful of .45's. He stated the HK and his 1911's ran better, and that the Glock 21 came in last place...had some less than positive things to say about the 21... out came the ban hammer.

The fan-boys instantly wrote in about how their 21's ran 100%, every time they took them to the range....

30 cal slut
05-02-08, 09:48
Here's to the health of Glock Talk:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/po/20080421/co_po/masturbationmaypreventprostatecancer;_ylt=Aifu5ECg5tVKmrBcjNlwFRas0NUE

LMAO.

BigEd63
05-04-08, 01:39
I know what you guys mean. I go there off and on. There are a few good people there......accent on "few".

But there also seems to be more pricks there than in a cactus farm.

Raiden
05-11-08, 22:04
For such a bunch of super-confident Olympian geniuses, they sure do behave like idiots. I get the feeling that more than half of them don't actually read the posts they're commenting on.

I'm wondering if I should try to get banned over there... Maybe after I put up a couple of want-ads.

warrior9504
05-13-08, 07:51
the classified section seems to get lots of business.

but otherwise, yeah totally a bunch of wanna-bes and know-it-alls.

dialM4murder
05-14-08, 09:51

wow... Didn't know that.

variablebinary
05-14-08, 11:33
The fan-boys instantly wrote in about how their Product X ran 100%, every time they took them to the range....

Isnt that usually the way it is.

G34Shooter
05-15-08, 08:33
That place has outlived it's usefullness for me and I finally decided to join a forum I can actually learn from again :cool: