PDA

View Full Version : Fusion Tactical Range in Forney TX

Norinco
07-18-13, 18:32
http://imageshack.us/a/img32/7261/3bz7.png

Greetings!

Fusion is proud to announce our new gun range and training facility in Forney TX. The range is now open and classes are rolling.

http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/7690/ceke.jpg

Just 23 minutes from Downtown Dallas, our Facility is on 250 acres to accommodate a variety of training and events.

- Rifle/pistol ranging from 15-300 yards.
- Vehicle Training
- K9
- Long range sniper course (1000 yard under development)
- Archery area.
- Camping

Our range is still growing and we are very excited for future prospects for a shoot house and tubular assault area.

Our Instructors

All our instructors at Fusion Tactical are highly trained and have extensive backgrounds in military/SOF, law enforcement, security operations and competitive shooting.

If you would like to meet a few of our instructors we will be at the Big Town Gun Show this Saturday and Sunday. Come say hello.

www.fusiongunrange.com
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fusion-Tactical-Range/431991990228021

rudy99
07-22-13, 09:35
Looks like a nice option for people looking to draw from holsters and do more than shoot 1 round per second.

The website mentions all shooters are pre-screened to insure safety, etc. I'm just curious as to what the pre-screening requirements are.

EDIT: For example, is consideration given to CHL holders or a certain class of USPSA/IDPA shooter, etc?

CHouse34
07-22-13, 11:31
+1 on the pre-screening question. This looks like a great option for those of us in the DFW area

Norinco
07-22-13, 16:00
Our pre-screening is just a background check for felonies. We do make an exception for CHL holders, licensed security, IDPA etc.
Not many ranges offer what we do. We want to make sure we're offering it to the right people.

For individual training we do an evaluation to gauge your strengths and weaknesses to tailor a class around your needs.

shaneinhisroom
07-22-13, 16:11
When will the 1000yd be ready?

Do you have steel?

Thanks,

Norinco
07-22-13, 16:48
We should have 1000 yards open in about two months.
We're working on getting steel. If you have your own you can bring it out.

tnt1106
07-23-13, 07:28
I had the pleasure of being invited out Saturday evening and meeting some of the Fusion staff. Friendly and professional guys. I look forward to attending classes once you guys get the emails out to us.

-tim

Vendetta
07-23-13, 07:54
Our pre-screening is just a background check for felonies. We do make an exception for CHL holders, licensed security, IDPA etc.
Not many ranges offer what we do. We want to make sure we're offering it to the right people.

For individual training we do an evaluation to gauge your strengths and weaknesses to tailor a class around your needs.

While it was a rarity and all... I have come across a convicted felon that had an active CHL in the DFW area. We weren't able to do anything because of the CHL, doesn't change the fact he was still a convicted felon and active gang member.

Norinco
07-23-13, 14:42
I had the pleasure of being invited out Saturday evening and meeting some of the Fusion staff. Friendly and professional guys. I look forward to attending classes once you guys get the emails out to us.

-tim

We have a good group of guys. Never a dull moment. What email are you waiting on? Shoot me a pm and I'll see if I can speed things up for you.

While it was a rarity and all... I have come across a convicted felon that had an active CHL in the DFW area. We weren't able to do anything because of the CHL, doesn't change the fact he was still a convicted felon and active gang member.

Certainly worth taking into consideration. It's a shame people like this slip through the cracks.

Vendetta
07-24-13, 07:57
I have seen it a few times, sometimes they were also documented gang members, which is another reason that makes it illegal for them to carry a weapon. Certainly not a large group of the population, but it makes you wonder about what has gotten through the background checks because they take CHL's for granted.

tnt1106
07-25-13, 18:37
I am signed up for this weekend. Class will be 4 hours early each morning.

A few more of you guys should come out!

Edit: class postponed to next weekend

rrpederson
10-09-13, 02:49
Is the 1000 yard range operational yet?

Norinco
10-16-13, 16:01
Sorry for the late reply.
We are still sourcing materials for the 1000 range and coming up with a game plan. Hopefully we can get it built soon. We bought a Barrett M99 to rent out for members. Employees get to play with it too. :D

Norinco
11-07-13, 19:42
I will be at the range tomorrow from 12:00-5:00p doing range maintenance and RSO duty.
Come check out the range! If you want to shoot it's $20 for non-members.

Friend me on FB for future updates and event notifications.

Pat.c
02-21-14, 21:28
Any updates? I and a few friends are interested in checking it out.

Norinco
02-23-14, 17:51
PM sent Pat.c

We are slowly getting there. We had a few slow months but things are picking up quick. We a sourcing more dirt to add more berms. Finding the trucks to move it at a reasonable price has proven to be somewhat difficult.

whiterabbit05
02-23-14, 22:09
My friends and I are looking for a range where we can come out and do more than shoot at paper targets for a bachelor party.

Short of signing up for a class, do you have any sort of alternative options?

Thank you.

Kenneth
02-23-14, 23:47
I too would be interested in a handgun/carbine type class. As long as it wasn't standing and punching holes in paper. I would have to drive a few hours but if a good time I wouldn't mind. Looking at the website it appears that all of your classes are rather short and geared towards completely new people.

Norinco
02-24-14, 21:11
Cool deal guys. I'll put something together for you. PM me you're numbers so we can discuss details.

Kenneth - The site is in desperate need of an update. We can do more advanced classes.

Pushbutton2
06-12-16, 20:26
Any recent updates?