PDA

View Full Version : Remembering What I've Missed

MassMark
04-13-08, 13:42
I'm sure most of you are so entrenched with your AR-15's that my post may seem a bit silly. At the same time, where else but here can I express these things?

I had the opportunity to go shooting yesterday with a couple members of a regional board I belong to, (NortheastShooters). I brought along my TroyMCS/SOCOM-16 and my ParaOrdinance to let the guys wring out. It's funny how I almost get as much satisfaction letting other people shoot that SOCOM than I do in shooting it myself. It's what I call the "SOCOM-16 Grin"... :) Anyway, one of the other members broke out his AR-15 - an older Bushmaster. I haven't been behind the trigger of an AR in quite some time and shooting it got me excited for the day when my build is finally complete. I had almost forgotten how much I enjoyed shooting an AR and this one happened to be a carbine rather than my ex full-sized Colt, so it made the anticipation of the completion of my AR M4 build all the more real.

I still haven't decided on how I'm going to sling this one up or whether to rail or not to rail, but I think I'll keep her nice and clean for a while and go from there. Thanks to all of you who have given me such great advice (i.e: Sully Stock) and for some great reading and things to ponder. Carry on and thanks for enduring my ramble....

R1pper
04-13-08, 16:54
Mark, just wait till our class next month. It will be full of AR goodness!!

MassMark
04-13-08, 17:07
Mark, just wait till our class next month. It will be full of AR goodness!!

I'm really looking forward to the class! Too bad my build won't be done, but I'll make due... ;)