PDA

View Full Version : Is the geissele trigger any better than my stock LMT trigger

GUNFUN
07-18-13, 22:59
I just purchased a new LMT CQB and was wondering if the Geissele trigger is any better than my stock trigger. It looks like the springs in the LMT is much more bigger and stronger than the geissele. Will my stock trigger break in and get better or no.

Koshinn
07-18-13, 23:16
Which Geissele trigger?

Actually it doesn't really matter. They're all better. I have a new LMT 2 stage trigger and a few Geissele triggers. Very noticeable difference.

jmnielsen
07-18-13, 23:21
I'm under the impression there isn't such a thing as "better than Geissele," but I am sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

ColtM4Carbine
07-18-13, 23:27
I've been contemplating upgrading my stock trigger on my 6920 to a Geissele but really not sure if it would be worth the $200+.

tommyrott
07-18-13, 23:41
i've had a stock butt master trigger, replaced it with a JP adjustable after 6months, then replaced the JP with a Geissele SD 3gun which i have been shooting for 3 years now, but i have handle and shot a wilson, timney and still feel the geissele is worth what you pay cuz you get a non-adjustable (SD, SSA) manufactured to Mil-spec except engagement surface which gets the Geissele secret sauce treatment, and a really hard wearing finish , my trigger face is still original finish with no wear even after aprox 12-15,000 cycles (dry firing, firing) and if you check EE there were 2 Geissele trigers for sale 1 SSA-E 1SD-E which is the 3 1/2- 4 trigger pull for DMR's or more experienced trigger pullers

VIP3R 237
07-18-13, 23:43
I've been contemplating upgrading my stock trigger on my 6920 to a Geissele but really not sure if it would be worth the $200+.

Don't do it, that way you won't be ruined like the rest of us who have to upgrade with each rifle.

Seriously though, its worth every penny. If you don't want to quite spend $200 look at the G2S from Geissele, it runs about $165 and its a great trigger at any price.

BufordTJustice
07-19-13, 02:57
Buy a GA. Just prepared to be ruined for all other triggers from here on out. You're just ****ed.....but the good kind. ;)

I love my SSA-E.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

The_Hammer_Man
07-19-13, 08:29
I have an LMT lower with their 2-stage trigger installed. (4.5 lb) I also have another lower with a Geissele SSA. (also 4.5lb pull)

The big difference isn't that big..the LMT trigger is "slighly" grittier than the SSA but, it's only noticeable if you shoot them sequentially.

ScatmanCrothers
07-19-13, 10:18
I have an LMT lower with their 2-stage trigger installed. (4.5 lb) I also have another lower with a Geissele SSA. (also 4.5lb pull)

The big difference isn't that big..the LMT trigger is "slighly" grittier than the SSA but, it's only noticeable if you shoot them sequentially.

This. I'm of the opinion that an LMT with polished surfaces similar to that of the SSA would make the difference between the two unnoticeable. The LMT does get better over time, SSA is perfect out of the package.

The break of the 2nd stage is almost identical (for my two triggers at least) and the 1st stage takeup has the same distance in my pull.

An SSA-E or SD-E is another story.

bowietx
07-19-13, 10:28
I have an LMT CQB and stock trigger compared to SSA does result in a noticeable difference. The stock trigger as stated earlier is slightly grittier with slightly less consistency in take up and the break. The LMT is a good trigger, but not as good as those produced by Geissele.

DM-SC
07-19-13, 15:59
I'm currently using a SSA-E and a S3G...I do not feel cheated in any way! :no:

mdrums
07-19-13, 21:37
I've been thinking about putting in a nice trigger for my Colt 6920. Newbie question I guess but how much better will this be? I'm going to look on youtube but is this something I can put in myself or are special tools and gunsmith knowledge required. I am very mechanically inclined but want to know exactly what to do before I start.
thanks!

Kokopelli
07-19-13, 21:41
That's the deal.. It just don't get any better than a Geissele.. IMO.. Ron

Mak8080
07-19-13, 21:58
I own and have owned may LMT lowers with 2 stage triggers. I think the Geissele is better, but not by a whole bunch. After breaking in my LMT triggers....I would say they are a bit more grittier. Still a very good trigger in its own right and much better than a lot of the competition out there. Geissele is at the top of the food chain though. I love my SSA, SSE, & SD-#.

Dobie
07-19-13, 22:07
Don't do it, that way you won't be ruined like the rest of us who have to upgrade with each rifle. .

This. Do it once and get your check book ready. You've been warned.

PCFIVEZ
07-19-13, 22:34
SSA-E hands down is better than stock triggers!

StingerDan
07-20-13, 05:47
I do believe they are worth the extra money, and one way to keep the cost down on future builds is to get it with your LPK. I got this one on my last build and am very happy with the package. http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ar-15-05/lower-parts/palmetto-state-armory-lpk-e.html. Dan.

iLift45s
07-20-13, 06:15
I'm under the impression there isn't such a thing as "better than Geissele," but I am sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

The Wilson Combat single stage tactical trigger is unreal. It dropped in so nice on my Daniel Defense. The trigger pull is so sweet!

bryanZ06
07-20-13, 10:18
I thought the trigger on my MWS was nice until I traded another gun and ended up with an MRP with an SSA-E to compare it to. The Geissele is noticeably lighter and smoother than the LMT two stage. I swapped the triggers around last week and I'm loving the SSA-E in the MWS.

SWATcop556
07-20-13, 10:45
The best part about the Geissele triggers is they have one for every role you need a rifle to fit.

For a "combat" trigger I don't feel you can top the SSA. It's all I use in a general purpose rifle.

Their national match trigger is the ideal setup for a DMR/Sniper/SPR/(insert other cool accronym here) role.

Bill is good people and his products are well vetted.

That being said are you truly gaining anything over the stock LMT trigger. I personally feel you are, not that the LMT trigger is anything to shake a stick at, but that is highly subjective.