JP 15" hand guard
Upper WOA flat top
JP low mass carrier
JP captured spring
JP low pro gas block and cooling fins
JD Machine lower.
JP trigger
Mag pul stock, trigger guard, and ERGO grip

Second pic is a throw together rifle. Figured I needed a 20" rifle too.

BCM Sam-R barrel turned down to .750 under the hand guard
MI 15.5" hand guard
Timney Trigger
Ergo grip
WOA stainless gas block
JP standard weight BCG

Over all both rifles shoot great. The JP is a little more accurate but also heavier. The cooling fins do work as the barrel and hand guard never got hot in the field while shooting in some very populated dog towns. Worth the investment in my opinion. JP system worked flawlessly with recoil reduction 9not that there is much) and it is nice to get rid of the "sproing" noise in the butt stock.

My throw together rifle worked great also. Not bad to carry all day long as we do quite a bit of walking. BCM barrel worked great, Timney trigger is nice and the MI hand guard is very light. Overall very happy with both builds. I am now considering tearing them both down and doing a paint job on both. Thinking multi-cam possibly.

Wormydog1724
07-21-13, 13:59
Nice man! I love shooting prairie dogs. We usually use .17 HMR's or even .22LR's.

A 150 yard shot with a 20mph crosswind is a lot of fun with those little bullets.

When I get back up to Kansas to shoot some more, I'm going to bring along my MK12, going to really see if I can stretch its limits.

PrarieDog
07-21-13, 23:30
Yes they are about my favorite reactive target to shoot. I tend to do more damage with the .17 more than anything but plague has moved through the area that we shoot. The ones left are a bit wiser and tend to stay down within a 150 yards or so. But it all beats days at work.