PDA

View Full Version : Love My Glock... But

heat-ar
07-20-13, 19:52
I love my glock 17 with the modified trigger alot. But i was looking for something a little smaller to carry and i thought i would get a glock 19. And then i got a chance to hold a walther ppq m2 and it felt better than any of the golcks gen 3 or gen 4 in my hand so i ended up buying a PPQ M2 to try out. Had a chance today to shoot both my g17 and my new PPQ and right out of the box i shot the PPQ better surprise the heck out me. I could not shoot my g17 at 20 yards as well as i could my PPQ i would have to go to the 15 yard mark with my g17 to get the consistently i was getting with the PPQ at 20 yards.Seems to be a good gun for a average shooter like me.Like everybody else has said it has a great trigger(better than my modified trigger on my glock) recoil i don't see the big deal on this maybe because of the great fit it has in my hand. So i am Happy Happy Happy.:cool:

Javelin
07-20-13, 20:27
HK P30 or HkP2000 would definitely be my top choices if you are leaving the Glock lineup.

LightningFast
07-20-13, 20:38
Good choice on the PPQ.

The best polymer gun on the market currently, IMO.

tacoops
07-20-13, 20:56
Does it have the traditional mag release or that screwy trigger guard release?

Hmac
07-20-13, 21:11
PPQ is a great pistol. I have about 5000 rounds through mine without a hiccup. Just picked up some spare parts (recoil assy, striker assy extractor etc) just in case. Never even take the Glock 19 out of the safe these days, even though I fixed the BTF problem, and rarely use the M&P even though I fixed the crappy trigger and fixed the barrel lockup/inaccuracy problem.

I'm totally indifferent to the magazine release method.

heat-ar
07-20-13, 22:27
Does it have the traditional mag release or that screwy trigger guard release?

It is the PPQ M2 so it has the"traditional" mag release. I like the hk products to and my buddy has one and i am looking forward to shooting it.

Hogsgunwild
07-20-13, 22:36
Stay happy. Stay with the PPQ. I have four. 3 nines and one .40.
I also have two P99AS compacts. I have had eight Glocks. If the PPQ works better for you, do not look back.

m1a_scoutguy
07-20-13, 22:56
Stay happy. Stay with the PPQ. I have four. 3 nines and one .40.
I also have two P99AS compacts. I have had eight Glocks. If the PPQ works better for you, do not look back.

Had 8 Glocks,,,,interesting !!! :D I still have 2 G17s Gen 3 ! I have been looking @ the PPQs myself & asked my LGS to look and see if he could find one !! I think it will be tough living in friggin NY,,,gun guy found a bunch but they were high cap mags,,,no 10 rd ones,,said he would keep looking !! I did visit my Daughter in TX last month for a couple weeks and held and played with a PPQ in a couple shops,,they do seem pretty sweet !!!

Sentaruu
07-21-13, 08:36
gotta run what works my friend. I've been looking at a PPQ myself lately, might have to pick one up.

heat-ar
07-21-13, 11:07
I think when more and more accessories come on the market where the shooter can find tune the PPQ to there liking it will be hard to beat. I say that because in stock form its really good. I have not given up on my glocks because of all of the aftermarket support.

RBid
07-21-13, 16:29
I traded out of my original PPQ when they announced that the M2 mags wouldn't work with it. My plan was to eventually get two M2s, though I prefer the paddle release. Now I'm hearing that they'll offer both versions. /sigh

I'll own twins, one way or the other.

I had over 5,500 flawless rounds through mine, and shot it like I was born with it.