PDA

View Full Version : Help with Magpul UBR

ColtM4Carbine
07-22-13, 13:10
I recently purchased a UBR stock and am trying to switch the rear QD mount to the right side of the stock. Instructions say to install a QD swivel and pull the mount out but I'm not having any luck. Any suggestions?

MistWolf
07-22-13, 13:13
Down in the bottom of the cup is a screw. It has to be removed before the cup can come out. There may be a nut holding the screw on the opposite side

SPQR476
07-22-13, 13:13
You did remove the screw, right? They are in there tight, but they usually pull free with the QD.

ColtM4Carbine
07-22-13, 13:15
You did remove the screw, right? They are in there tight, but they usually pull free with the QD.

Yes, I removed the screw. I have been pulling on this thing for a good half hour and it hasn't budged.

SPQR476
07-22-13, 13:17
put a sling with a QD on it in the socket, kneel on the stock, and pull up on the sling. I've never seen one that wouldn't come free from that. You must have won the "min diameter hole, max diameter QD cup" lottery.

SPQR476
07-22-13, 13:25
put a sling with a QD on it in the socket, kneel on the stock, and pull up on the sling. I've never seen one that wouldn't come free from that. You must have won the "min diameter hole, max diameter QD cup" lottery.

If that doesn't work, we'll probably just replace the stock.

.46caliber
07-22-13, 13:38

If that happens, I'd love to see the "UBR Tug of War" video when you guys go to figure out just how much it takes to get it out.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

ColtM4Carbine
07-22-13, 13:45

It finally came out! :D

I ended up removing the lower half of the stock from the upper half and after a good 10 minutes tugging on it while standing on the stock, it popped out.

Thanks for the help!

SPQR476
07-22-13, 14:04
It finally came out! :D

I ended up removing the lower half of the stock from the upper half and after a good 10 minutes tugging on it while standing on the stock, it popped out.

Thanks for the help!

No worries...sorry you got one that tight. Shouldn't be quite that "snug". :-)

pyzik
07-22-13, 15:28
Glad to see I am not the only one... LOL. I was trying to get mine out the other day and gave up. You're story gave me hope and I think I'll try again tonight. :D

The previous owner did pain the stock and that may contribute to stubbornness of mine... though I did strip the paint.

ColtM4Carbine
07-22-13, 15:37
Glad to see I am not the only one... LOL. I was trying to get mine out the other day and gave up. You're story gave me hope and I think I'll try again tonight. :D

The previous owner did pain the stock and that may contribute to stubbornness of mine... though I did strip the paint.

I would recommend removing the lower half of the stock like I did, put both feet on it and have yourself a tug o' war!

pyzik
07-22-13, 15:39
I would recommend removing the lower half of the stock like I did, put both feet on it and have yourself a tug o' war!

Haha, thanks. Gonna give it a shot. :cool:

Cameron
07-22-13, 15:40
http://www.dotraining.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Muscles-Used-In-Deadlift.png

PhuLish
07-22-13, 16:16
Remember, lift with your back in a twisty jerk motion

Tzook
07-22-13, 23:24
http://www.dotraining.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/Muscles-Used-In-Deadlift.png

Hahahahahaha best post ever

Stormtrooper
07-22-13, 23:38
Cameron that was hilarious!