PDA

View Full Version : Cerakote worth it?

BoringGuy45
07-23-13, 16:12
Other than giving my rifle a nice color, are there any real benefits to having Cerakote put on it? Would I notice any major improvement in terms of protection, wear, etc?

VIP3R 237
07-23-13, 16:39
Other than giving my rifle a nice color, are there any real benefits to having Cerakote put on it? Would I notice any major improvement in terms of protection, wear, etc?

Yes and yes. Got to Cerakote's web site and do some research. It is much more than a fancy paint. I apply it professionally and am sold on their products.

BoringGuy45
07-23-13, 16:57
Yes and yes. Got to Cerakote's web site and do some research. It is much more than a fancy paint. I apply it professionally and am sold on their products.

Been doing some research. Just wanted to see if it was all it's cracked up to be.

jmnielsen
07-23-13, 17:08

Do you have a website or pricing?

VIP3R 237
07-23-13, 17:15
Been doing some research. Just wanted to see if it was all it's cracked up to be.

I honestly do.

Do you have a website or pricing?

send me a PM or an email, service@dixiegunworx.com

Website is under construction. We are waiting on final approval on a indoor range before the website goes live.

hypeRR600
07-23-13, 18:28

Check this post out: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=101214

Rockhopper
07-24-13, 00:23
i own cerekoted rifles. it is worth it if you do not beat on your equip. and like to keep things nice. if you tend to scratch the hell out of your stuff, save the bucks, buy some rattle cans. a scratch on a cheap coating is much easier to stomach and fix than an expensive coating.

Campbell
07-24-13, 07:27
I spray it 4-5 times a month in my shop... I don't sell it as magic snake oil that will last forever on a hard-use weapon. If you abrade a metal surface, hard enough and long enough, you will remove the coating, regardless of the brand. It is however the toughest coating that I can apply to firearms in a shop environment. If your gonna' cry when you mar/scratch a firearm, maybe rattle can is your ticket.;)

For the record, this old Benelli has thousands of rounds thru it, has flopped around on a tractor for years, and looks pretty good to have been coated 6 years ago.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v501/c3006/H18%20Cerakote/DSCN4197-1.jpg